UK Vogue May 2024 : Zendaya by Carlijn Jacobs

Awful. Her pose, expression, the lighting, all the negative space, the 'styling'....nothing works. It looks like an outtake, or a test shot while they were figuring the lighting out.

Night and day to her US Vogue cover (which has its own problems), but doesn't forget a sense of elevation and glamour. Anna giving the 'okay' to this cover feels like an act of sabotage on her part. Guess it wouldn't be the first time.

The less said about the actual cover the better.

This is Carlijn’s first cover for British Vogue right?

Quite an amazing feat for a relatively new photographer to shoot at least one cover for all the big Vogues in less than four years.

Yikes. Should have opened this before the US Vogue one.

And really, a sports/active wear partnership for a Vogue cover? Not just any Vogue, but British Vogue.

The art direction didn’t work then, and is still not working now.

It’s a shame about the cover because the edit is good

ok i am in the minority. but this cover even it's lacking a lot is more vibrant than
the cheesy US one... and i say it here again: I thought law roach retired?

Atrocious composition. The framing, the text placement, the art direction... a competent EiC would never run a cover like this.

What on earth is this? Any hope I had that British Vogue might find new life outside of Edward has been completely quashed by these past two issues.

The only reason I’ll flick through it is because I’m subscribed. I’m going to save a proper read for the US edition because no doubt they’ll have the exact same issue, and at least the American cover story is actually beautiful.

ZENDAYA
Photography:
Carlijn Jacobs
Styling: Law Roach
Hair: Kim Kimble
Make-up: Raoúl Alejandre
Model/Celebrity: Zendaya

vogue.co.uk

I like the images where she's jumping in the denim shirt. The cover is atrocious, the first image or the one in the black skirt would've been better imo. They could've done a much better job! We are in the dark ages of British Vogue, it seems.

I like the concept, but the styling is atrocious. The last image itself is quite nice, though.

Coming from her American Vogue cover… this is quite a stark fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->