US GQ Style Summer 2017 : Brad Pitt by Ryan McGinley

Just the third cover would have been perfect. His expression in the first and second covers are too similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he looks terrible, seriously haggard. To be honest the first idea that came to my mind is that, instead of looking "raw" ( i guess that's the idea they were going for)he looks like someone that may ask for your spare change.

Apparently he's really opening up in this interview. Great coup for GQ Style. The thought mustve crossed Nelson's mind to use this for GQ instead, but the Style edition could do with a circulation boost.

Saw Brad's full editorial a few minutes ago, God, I'm floored. Such hauntingly beautiful vulnerability, easily his best work to date. All the elements merged so well - the haggard leathery skin showing years of worn coupled with a raw youthful emotional intensity. McGinley surpassed himself with this editorial. It's almost macabre to relish over the idea that he had to go through such turmoil to produce those images. Bear in mind I never could sit through any of his movies!

i'm not crazy about the covers, but the feature story is a work of art, mcginley at his best :shock::heart:

If that's looking "busted" then poor me..

By far one of the best celebrity editorials in recent memory. That's McGinley at his very best, incribe use of environment and light, and making a really raw and human connection with his subject. Fantastic, bravo GQ.

Agree that the editorial is much better than the cover shots. He doesn't look like he's about to break out an Anything Helps sign there :wink:

BRAD PITT – GQ STYLE SUMMER 2017

PHOTOGRAPHER: RYAN McGINLEY
TALENT: BRAD PITT
STYLING: MOBOLAJI DAWODU

visualizing.fashion

The editorial is beautiful, but the cover could've been done better

As much as I don't like him and probably never will, I have to give him credit here. He is really giving it his all for these pictures, and that's more than every single other celebrity out there.

Wow! this is amazing. Brad really went for it.
It's kinda rare so this is great! This is the type of celebs eds we wants.

Yeah I agree, I quite liked the covers but I love the ed. And considering his personal life I think it's quite fitting.

I've never been a fan of Brad but the editorial is fantastic. McGinley really outdid himself this time.

It's one of the best (celebrity) editorials I've seen in quite a while. The pictures are full of emotion and power; I can't pick a favourite one.

Quite a bravely expansive story for a mainstream US publication; are we sure that all of those photos appear in the print edition? Would be interesting to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->