Porter #14 Summer 2016 : Jessica Chastain by Ryan McGinley

They had a cover with Karlie Kloss a year ago and I believe she was holding a dog.

She looks so gorgerous, definitly one of the best covers of the year. :heart:

I keep looking at it and looking at it. I'll see it in piles at Whole Foods and I wonder who will pick it up and then actually want to buy it....

I think it well sell half of the previous cover (Amber, v good). But then maybe there's all these kangaroo people out there who were just waiting for this moment on the cover of a commercial fashion magazine :lol:

I think it well sell half of the previous cover (Amber, v good). But then maybe there's all these kangaroo people out there who were just waiting for this moment on the cover of a commercial fashion magazine :lol:

Really? You think jessica Chastain, an international movie star, will be outsold by Amber Valetta, 90's supermodel? Maybe on TFS standards, but I doubt in real life. I'm prepared to bet on that. :smile:

Jessica :heart:
She looks stunning as usual and I´m looking forward to read her interview. One of the most interesting and inspiring actresses around at the moment.

Review - 282 Pages

Girl On Fire
Cover Star: Jessica Chastain
Photographer: Ryan McGinley
Stylist: George Cortina
10 Photos

Song Of Africa
Model: Constance Jablonski
Photographer: Boo George
Stylist: Havana Laffitte
20 Photos

We Can Be Heroes
Model: Aoife O'Brien
Photographer: Terry Richardson
17 Photos

Hot In The City
Model: Edita Vilkeviciute
Photographer: Chris Colls
Stylist: Morgan Pilcher
12 Photos

+ Articles/Interviews with Charlotte Tilbury, Alessandro Michele & more!

Interesting to see Terry Richardon has an editorial.

Girl On Fire
Cover Star: Jessica Chastain
Photographer: Ryan McGinley
10 Photos

+ Articles/Interviews with Charlotte Tilbury, Alessandro Michele & more!

cant wait to see the editorial!

I wish Richardson wasn't included, but I'm excited for Constance and Edita :wub:

Thanks for the review, vogue28!

I'm so dissapointed in Lucy! His work simply does not align with the mood of this magazine. Why on earth would she ok this? The fashion world is perhaps one of the most forgiving industries yet.

Am looking forward to the rest of the features, especially the cover. Does anyone else think it awkward to see a kangaroo? What's that all about, lol? With it being Easter and all, I think a rabbit wouldve been perfectly timed.

I'm also rather surprised to see Terry featured. He never touched Bazaar during Lucy's reign there, did he? Unless I just can't remember. It's a shame he's here if you ask me, his work doesn't even transcend the issues/rumours that surround the way he works.

^ I don't remember a single ed by Terry under her reign at UK HB, this is such a let down she would employ him, wow!

On the other hand, Cortina leaving Vogue Japan is the best move of his career, he is doing so much great work now. Interview, Vogue Germany, Numero, WSJ.etc cover spreads.

Really? You think jessica Chastain, an international movie star, will be outsold by Amber Valetta, 90's supermodel? Maybe on TFS standards, but I doubt in real life. I'm prepared to bet on that. :smile:
She's a TV actress now, I don't know how popular her show actually is but it did have billboards all over town not long ago (same as Caitriona, who would've thought..). I think people may associate them more with these shows than with a modeling career in the 90s, and since she's more everyone's taste than Jessica, you never know..

Terry shot Martha Stewart for a previous issue of porter

I didn't know that, must have slipped through undetected. Still, what a shame.

Have just seen a copy. Worry not about Terry. His editorial is beautiful and dignified and so far removed from his work for Bazaar US and co.

Have just seen a copy. Worry not about Terry. His editorial is beautiful and dignified and so far removed from his work for Bazaar US and co.

Regardless of what it looks like, this is still a man who has been accused of sexual assault and misbehavior by quite a few models, including Coco Rocha and Rie Rasmussen.

This cover is absolutely divine!

Jessica's face is utterly striking. The kangaroo is adorable and novel, I'm not sure it requires explanation.

Cannot wait to see the main editorial! And the rest of the content, as well. Porter never fails to deliver.

Preview from Facebook/Porter magazine
by Ryan McGinley

I can't wait to see all the pictures! :smile:

Attachments

• Porter#14JessCh01.jpg
    Porter#14JessCh01.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member