US Vogue December 2020 : Harry Styles by Tyler Mitchell

Despite my intense dislike the for the cover itself, I can appreciate the conversation the cover has sparked within the media. Fingers crossed the buzz translates into sales for Vogue!

WTF is the matter of being a cis-man wearing a dress? Do you have to be gender non-conforming to be a male-born person wearing a dress???

I don't get the need for so many labels. I don't get the need for so many rules either.

David Bowie did it. Prince did it. So. what?
Personally, I don’t care. Clothes are clothes. I don’t want to be ruled in the way I dress so I certainly don’t apply that to others.

That being said, in this era, in this climate, that cover has more weight as à political (or at least social) substance than just a man wearing a dress.

Prince and Bowie were beyond the simple aesthetic value of playing with codes. It was an extension of their personality, their arts and in a way a manifesto of their generation. I don’t feel any of that with Harry. And that’s my right...
I do not feel the sense of empowerment from him...

And at the same time, it’s his right to wear dresses and not give a d****.
And maybe in a way the intention or the genuineness does not matter in this instance.

I received my copy today. 150 pages. In addition to the Styles editorial there’s a truly gorgeous edit I love with Adut, Kesewa, and others, shot by Nadine Ijewere, a good but too short editorial with Kaia, shot by EJG, and an unremarkable but inoffensive editorial with Rachel Zegler shot by Stefan Ruiz.

Last edited:
This just has to be Vogue's most talked-about issue of the year. I have seen countless social media users brag about being able to score themselves a copy, and noticed multiple bookstores across America declaring the issue is already completely sold out.

Nadine Ijewere's story does zilch for me (perhaps with the exception of that solo shot of Adut Akech against the red backdrop at a push), but I am very much looking forward to the photos of Kaia Gerber by Ethan James Green. EJG has been the total saving grace of US Vogue over the past year or so.

Received my copy in the mail yesterday. The cover looks worse in print. It looks washed out. Very uneventful, well I guess it has been for a while now. Vogue US has really lost its appeal I must say. I am always rooting for this mag, hoping it will bounce back, but month after month, it's been one disappointment after the other. I am really rooting for Anna and the Vogue US team, but I am losing hope at this point, maybe it's just time to let go. Magazines have completely lost it. How depressing!

I used to be so tired of Testino images in Vogue but now, looking back, I wish we could have him back. I am not one to look back, but unfortunately, this era is doing that to me. Demarchelier, Lindberg (RIP), David Sims, Grace, Phyllis, Trentini, Pivovarova, Raquel Zimmerman...sorry for the long rant guys. :(

Even the new website layout is a mess. I wonder whose idea it was.

Yes they need to bring back the masters! Meisel and sims where you at?? I’m getting tired of seeing knock off hawkesworth (Tyler) and knock off meisel (Ethan) every issue.

La Vie De Virginie

Photographed by Anton Corbjin

IMG_2189.jpg IMG_2190.jpg IMG_2191.jpg
US Vogue Digital Edition

The Next Chapter

Rachel Zeagler by Stefan Ruiz, styled by Tonne Goodman

IMG_2184.jpg IMG_2200.jpg IMG_2201.jpg VO1220_WestSideStory_04.jpg VO1220_WestSideStory_05.jpg VO1220_WestSideStory_06.jpg VO1220_WestSideStory_07.jpg VO1220_WestSideStory_08.jpg
US Vogue Digital Edition, vogue.com

Well if these are the contents for this issue, then my only question is where is the flavour?
I'm just going to Aldi and buy a kilo of salmon, at least it's give me omega-3 and vitamins. While buy this magazine only give me disappointment for a used to be a glorious magazine.
Ps: Anna just pick up the phone and call Miesel, while you both still can.

Good god Kaia’s modeling gets worse with age, I would have taken anybody else for her Ed except her, even Kendulllllll

LOL. I like everything in that edit except Kaia. It's like a cross between Klein and McDean's work for this magazine.
Someone like Carolyn Murphy or Liya would've done this edit justice. The styling needed a mature woman, not a girl.

Whatever they do, US Vogue is just so 1950s - regardless of race/gender/whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->