V #48 : Christy Turlington and Raquel Zimmermann by Inez & Vinoodh

Reaction score
a preview of the July issue from vmagazine.com
v48inez_angela425.jpg

In a study of beauty and the transformative power of fashion, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin take over V48 to present thirty-four women of the moment, each of them photographed two ways. First, naked with nothing but their cheekbones and natural good looks to rely on. Then, styled up beyond belief courtesy of editor Joe McKenna, hairstylist Luigi Murenu, and makeup artist Tom Pecheux. The massive 68-page shoot is heading to the printers as we speak. Check back here for more previews—it’s a girl per day from here until the issue hits stands.
Photography Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

v48inez_shalom425.jpg

V48 is the sole territory of Inez and Vinoodh and they've chosen thirty-four models, artists, and all-around cool chicks to sit for them in a project that examines beauty and the transformative power of fashion. Take Shalom Harlow, for example, showing off her swan-like neck in her 'before' shot and looking like an apocalyptic Mad Max heroine in her 'after'. Talk about 180 degrees. And that's just the beginning—check back tomorrow for more.

v48inez_cmurphy425.jpg

Here's your daily dose of Inez and Vinoodh, this time two portraits of supermodel and Estée Lauder face Carolyn Murphy. On the left, see her go bare for I&V's lens. On the right, witness her transformation into a power-shouldered amazon, courtesy of stylist Joe McKenna. Fashion like this doesn't happen every day, but for the next couple weeks we're giving it to you as if it did. Check back Monday for more.

so keep a look out on their website to see more updates! i can not wait for this issue! i'm so excited!
source. vmagazine.com

interesting concept. thanks for letting us know.

Ahh I like this, i'll have to see it in person when it comes out. Any news on who is on the cover? I hope its a great improvement over the last... :ermm:

i like shalom's left natural pic.
i wonder if daria is in the bunch too.

Those portraits are nothing less than stunning :heart: It's good to see the greats featured once again in V.

there must have Jessica Miller IMO

coz I&V love her so much lol

Wow...I'm really excited to see who makes this list of 34 girls! Such a wonderful concept, executed in a simple, clean, and gorgeous manner...I'm really anticipating this, if you can't already tell.

That shot of Shalom and her neck is simple unreal! I'm loving these natural beauty shots. I'm willing to bet that we can count on a few of V's favorites to be there as well (Lara, Daria, Freja, Gemma, Doutzen, Raquel...et al).

I would however absolutely flip if they got Audrey Marnay and Maggie Rizer back as well. Tell me that's not novel :wink:

I'm sure Freja will be in there, they love her and I'm not complaining! I can't wait to see the cover.

I think no more than half, probably even less, will be models... but I'm equally curious to see what other women they will feature.

Carolyn looks a bit like Natasha Poly in her second pic.

:buzz: 34 models?! I can't wait! Angela, Shalom & Carolyn all look fabulous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->