VINTAGE Jewelry...

stacyellen

Reaction score
i often stop by a store in LA called Decades, and every time I visit, I not only admire the vintage chanel, courreges, YSL and all of the fabulous designer clothes, but I admire the jewelry! Vintage jewelry can be quite fantastic but hard to find archived photos of. So I am asking you guys- post your favorite vintage jewels??

ill start:
YSL 1970s
YSL%20FAUX%20JADE%20WITH%20GOLD%20TRIM%2070S%20EARRINGS%5B1%5D.JPG.jpg

decadesinc

I have a ton of really cool vintage jewelry from my grandmother that is amazing. I'll try and put up some pics when i get a chance...

I love the organic shapes of Mazer and BOUCHER jewelry style and some of Gustave Sherman's better pieces

And anything basically anything with rose cut diamonds and raised designs..

text and images from morninggloryantiques

BOUCHER 1937-1971

Marcel Boucher was one of costume jewelry's most respected designers. He began by designing fine jewelry in New York City for Cartier, moved into creating his own line in about 1937. Making jewelry with the marks "MB", "Boucher" and "Marboux", his designs were fluid and detailed and his enamels have a colorful soft iridescent quality that make them a particular favorite.

boucherjewelry04uw1.jpg

MB (Boucher) pave "Columbine" flower 3-1/2" pin set
in silver tone, circa 1948. Shown in Brunialti's "American
Costume Jewelry" on page 196. ViewView #M21885

boucherjewelry03qe9.jpg

BOUCHER advertisement showing the columbine brooch at right,
1948. 29 West 35th, NYC

boucherjewelry02ut2.jpg

BOUCHER 1950

boucherjewelry01wf3.jpg

BOUCHER 1950
Rhinestone feather choker priced in 1950 at $45.00

Last edited by a moderator:
text from antiquinonline

Mazer - Also see Jomaz . Mazer Brothers was founded by Joseph Mazer and his brother Louis about 1927 in New York. One of the Mazer Bros. best known designers was the talented Marcel Boucher who left to open his own company in the mid 1930s. In 1946 Joseph Mazer left Mazer Bros. to form Joseph J. Mazer and Co. (better known as JOMAZ), while Louis Mazer stayed with Mazer Bros. until 1951, the year of his last jewelry collection.
Mazer Bros. was known for its innovative stance, exploring new design and production methods and continually experimenting with different techniques for creating metal alloys or for use in the refinishing processes. The stones used in their jewelry were frequently made to order by Swarovski in Austria. ( 7 ) p. 216.
The company went out of business in the late 1970s. Mazer manufactured high quality jewelry which sold at middle price range and is avidly sought in the collectible market today.
The early 1950s jewelry was designed by Andre Fleuridas, and Adolfo designed some of the 1970s pieces for the company. The earlier jewelry is marked Mazer Bros., while the later pieces are marked Mazer or Jomaz

images from morninggloryantiques and ebay

mazerbuddhajewelryhy2.jpg

MAZER Buddha brooch, jade-colored glass with clear
rhinestones set in a brushed gold-tone, 1-3/4" by 7/8",
circa 1961. View Courtesy of Dan Day of "Queen's Jewels"

antiquedecomazerrhinestwh7.jpg

my own Mazer piece

I love vintage jewelry^^I don't have time to post pics of my own right now, but i'll post some from ebay^^

This is my favorite vintage jewelry piece, a brooch from my grandmother. It is gold and has a diamond dewdrop on one leaf.

Attachments

• Billede(296).jpg
    Billede(296).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Billede(295).jpg
    Billede(295).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
http://www.truefaux.com has great vintage jewelry that you can buy online, I am constantly browsing...
My current favorites:
YSL cuff, Dior ring, Givency cuff, and a 1940s charm ring

truefaux.com

Attachments

• yslcuff.jpg
    yslcuff.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2
  • diorring.jpg
    diorring.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 353
  • givenchy.jpg
    givenchy.jpg