Vintage Scan Wish Lists

Can someone post the Kevyn Aucoin beauty edit from The September 1995 issue of Harper's Bazaar? Lots of nudey, beige-y lip close-up shots by Demarchelier.

A page from the aforementioned Aucoin edit shot by Demarchelier. I'd die to see the entire edit again! Thanks to this editorial I went out and bought the Max Factor Oyster Passion lipstick. I still use it :rolleyes:

SOURCE Periodcult tumblr

tumblr_nctvhuNlGu1shiodwo1_1280.jpg

@BLtheKid
Sharon Van der Knapp, Veronika Varekova, Valeria Mazza are some Claudia look-alikes active in the mid to late 90s onward :flower:

Last month (it took me only about 21 months of actual searching), I finally determined that the model in the photo I am looking for is James King. Previously, I thought that I never knew who the model was but a memory surfaced that at the time I wanted to know who the model was and I was fortunately able to identify her because she was also on the cover and I was able to look at the cover credits.

That narrowed my search considerably because now I know the photo I'm looking for came from an issue that James King covered. Analyzing FMB and e-Bay, the only likely issue was Elle UK February 1999.

The problem? That was previously looked at in early 2020 and my photo wasn't there.

The twist? This cover was reprinted - and so I have been reviewing all Elle covers from March-July 1999 and found it in Korea (April), Japan (May) and just this week Greece (April) but my photo was not in any of these issues.

Anyway, I really thought this Elle Greece issue that came out of nowhere was going to be the one. Without Greece, this is all I have left:

China 4
Czech Republic 4,5
Mexico 3,7
Norway 3,4,5,7
Taiwan 6
Thailand 4,7
Turkey 6

Is there anyone out there who has the covers of these issues?

I feel it is very likely April (4) is the right month but that May (5) is also a decent possibility.

Logically, it HAS to be in one of the above issues but I'm having trouble closing these out (some libraries don't have the issues or don't bother responding).

I think the foreign language involved does not have the same character-types as the English language so I think it is going to come down to the April issues of China (known cover) and Thailand (unknown cover).

The bad thing is if it ends up being Thailand it is possible there will be no way to find this issue (in which case my photo could be there and I would have no way of confirming either way). I will eventually try the publisher or maybe a company that facilitates reprints but either of these are difficult to even get a response from.

I also am thinking of joining Twitter just to write to James King herself and see if she will respond (will she even know anything?), given the extensive search I have undertaken to this point.

I will also write back to the National Library of China as they routed my previous request for more information to the wrong area.

This whole thing has turned out to be like an archeological dig for an ancient artifact.

A little bit of news for anyone following this James King photo search saga...I've reduced the number of possibilities from 13 to 10.

The National Library of the Czech Republic got back to me last week and told me she was not on their two covers.

More importantly, I've also eliminated the only known James King cover that was on my list, Elle China April 1999. I've known about this cover for awhile but the Capital Library of China (it seems to be a public library) didn't respond to my e-mails and I had a feeling this wasn't the issue the photo I'm looking for came from. But, being a known cover, it had to be checked nonetheless, so last night a local in Beijing went to the library for me (I paid him 40 USD).

The neat part of it was I happened to be online when he went there and we did this together in real time. He eventually found the issue (small versions as files are too big to easily attach here)

IMG_20211015_112058.jpg

He then got carried away sending me all sorts of photos and then finally sent me the Table of Contents that I kept asking for (I knew instantly this wasn't the right issue when I saw it)

IMG_20211015_114702.jpg

There was a "Hippie Chic" editorial, which supports my belief the photo is in a similar editorial in one of the remaining 10 issues from 1999:

Mexico 3,7 (I believe these are completely non-English language so unlikely to be here)
Norway 3,4,5,7 (I believe these are completely non-English language so unlikely to be here)
Taiwan 6
Thailand 4,7
Turkey 6 (I believe these are completely non-English language so unlikely to be here)

Keeping the above in mind, I wrote to one of the editors at Elle Norway on October 5, asking if she could have someone check their archives for me, since they had 4 of the 13 remaining issues (at the time). Is that really such a tall order to ask? Apparently so. No response.

None of the national libraries have any of these issues. A university library in Taiwan has Elle Taiwan June 1999 but didn't respond to a couple of my e-mails. For anyone who wants to ever try such a thing at home, the national libraries will almost always try to help you but the opposite is true of university or public libraries.

Meanwhile, I reached out Hearst UK Syndication (as they had the original James King cover that all others were reprinted from in the following months) thinking they could tell me all of the reprints. She referred me to the Syndication Director at Lagardere, because they are the publishers of the original French Elle and they licensed Elle to 44 other countries. She, in turn, tried to help me but just did not have the information I needed. But, I asked her for, and got, the e-mail address of someone at Elle Thailand...(I previously wrote to them via their website and got...wait for it...no response).

And, I've thought for awhile that Elle Thailand April 1999 is where my photo most likely is. I don't remember there being any writing on the page my photo was on (I had the photo for about five years) but the one other photo I remember from the editorial (which I had only briefly) was the last one and I have convinced myself there was some Thai on that page (non-English alphabet characters for sure and from a country that has English as one of its languages, which is why Taiwan is still in the picture).

So, my options are:

1) See if I can hire someone in Taiwan (the library is not in Taipei or I would have probably done this already) to go to the university library for me to check Elle Taiwan June 1999.

2) Approach Elle Thailand (I may contact Lagardere again and see if she can offer me a suggestion on how to approach them) about their two issues.

3) Approach James King (or perhaps reach out first to James King Fans) on Twitter. I would think it somewhat likely that James King has already had some kind of dialogue over the years from James King Fans.

4) There are reprinting firms that will get you physical copies or e-prints, basically acting as go-betweens between you and the publisher. I made a phone call and sent an e-mail that were ignored by the reprinter for Elle US. I may call them back and press the button saying that I already have an account with them as a starting point. Or contact a different reprinter.

Is there a possibility my photo is not in one of the three possible candidates left? Yes, but I would be surprised.

Hello friends,

Does anyone have Vogue Paris June/July 1963?

I really need scans of the inside story on Lebanon with the shots. 'Liban un merveille'

Hope someone can help!

vogue_paris_1963_06_07_june_july_1000x.jpg

Hello! Does anyone have scans of this Terry Richardson editorial with Jacquetta Wheeler? It's from Harper's Bazaar US in the year 2001 (not sure about the month, maybe March) and the title is "White Magic."

ErtooklW4AIYPL9

Because particular issues are hard to come by and because I sit with thousands of magazines, not knowing which to scan, I was thinking we could share some vintage desires.

I would like to see more of the L'Officiel Paris from the 60s and early to mid 70s.

Does anyone have any requests for me as I sieve through my piles looking for miss right?

:lol::heart:
I noticed you have Vogue Paris Septemeber 1969. Will you be able to scan the page with Veruschka in two costumes for me please

Screenshot_20220522-220731_Chrome.jpg

I am looking for Vogue Australia May 1990 cover. I believe Susie Bick is on the cover. Thank you.

Also looking for Vogue Australia November 1990.

Anybody have a better scan of Mademoiselle cover January 1992?
s-l400.jpg

ebay

@hfgl Not long ago I discovered that some library scanned their bound editions of Mademoiselle, so most of the magazine is actually available on archive.org. It's not the most organized collection, so it's a pain to go through, but I found that cover in this one: Mademoiselle 1990. They're not perfect, since the covers have library stamps on them, but what can you do? :lol:

archive.org

I am looking for 2 Escada photoshoots from late 90's to early 2000's.

The one in the leather gown is Kylie Pax for Escada in 2000?
The lady in long leather coat was probably from the Escada 1998 runway?

Escada.jpg Escada coat.jpg

@hfgl Not long ago I discovered that some library scanned their bound editions of Mademoiselle, so most of the magazine is actually available on archive.org. It's not the most organized collection, so it's a pain to go through, but I found that cover in this one: Mademoiselle 1990. They're not perfect, since the covers have library stamps on them, but what can you do? :lol:

archive.org
Thank you!

Can't find the post anymore, but I had asked about this shot with Maggie by Patrick Demarchelier
38c941e02e7b4609a45509846df76275.jpg
Maggierizer.com
Asking what issue it was from and if I could get the whole ed.
I believe it is from this editorial, Harper's Bazaar US September 1998, it also contains this shot
baazar+9809.jpg
maggierizer.com

Does it help anybody, does anybody have the ed?

Would loooove to see this editorial with Audrey Benoit from Vogue Germany 1991
vogue_germany_1991_august_10Kopie_69774c1d-7863-4458-a935-30492084b059_1200x1600.jpg

vintagevonwerth.de

Vogue Germany February 1996,
Anh Duong by Ruven Afanador.
vogue_germany_1996_february_14Kopie_5ad26ffe-253a-4361-a649-4adc573850fd_1200x1600.jpg

vingtagevonwerth.de

I finally found the origin of Stormy Leather. It's Marie Claire's 1996 November issue. I have bought this copy online but the books haven't been delivered to me yet. I was wondering if anyone could scan the Stormy Leather photoshoot for me? Much thanks.
93590018-9A52-4D3A-84E0-AC9BEE721E15.jpeg
C8C995BB-8126-48B9-8B46-D0D319516D3C.jpeg 32308502-E682-4357-98FA-1230E349ECFC.jpeg

I am also looking for the scan from Italian Vanity Fair, Oct 2003 issue that featured Monica Bellucci in the leather gown.
I believe there were the works by Ellen Von Unwerth.

655d7b6a1bb06db3c8c96af6ffa6737a.jpeg 6a00d83452747269e200e54f1eea6d8834-800wi.jpg 2ee236f78d92f8bb2e2279b9eee174de.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->