Vogue Australia April 2024 : Angelina Kendall by Juergen Teller

@Minerva13 It’s not a rarity, what are you talking about?
yes long hair normal color,clean skin,natural beauty, women's clothing on a woman (!) this is a rarity now in fashion magazines but also in the world now.
Is it really necessary to explain such simple things???

But it's not a rarity... lmao... do you live next door to a biker gang or something?

Covers that fit your criteria on the FIRST page of tFS:
Vogue April 2024 : Coco Gauff
Vanity Fair April 2024 : Anne Hathaway
Vogue Brazil April 2024 : Maria Klaumann
UK Elle May 2024 : Raye
Vogue Portugal March 2024 : The Blossom Issue - At least 2 covers

The names plastered on covers usually belong to the "already famous" so it feels like a rarity to see someone being promoted in the traditional way - an unknown model gaining momentum and recognition with her work.

This has already appeared on my library's digital newsstand - it's showing as 176 pages, the first ad inside is Chanel with Brad Pitt and Penelope Cruz.

At the front of the issue, there's a studio editorial "Count The Ways" shot by Blake Azar, styled by Harriet Crawforc with model Kayla Dunlap, plus another studio edit shot/styled by them called "All Time" in a Jewellery section with model Cameron Stephens.

In the main editorial section, the cover story is titled "From A Land Down Under" so it has some shots printed upside down, which is the most stupid visual gimmick I've seen in a fashion magazine for... at least a few months.

Then were treated to another reprint of the Bella-Hadid-on-a-horse story, and in the Beauty Section, there's a short beauty "Seeing Red" shot by David Ferrua, with model Sijia Kang.

It might sound devoid of main fashion stories, but there are lots of little articles throughout the issue - some of which are also reprints from other editions.

Wouldn't have expected an Angelina + Jürgen combo but somehow pleased with the results, wish the story was slightly longer and more diverse in terms of focus.
Don't mind the Eiffel Tower, as long as it's not associated with those crappy Olympics...

EDIT: just read @tigerrouge review, the upside-down gimmick is insufferable and ruins most stories involving this kind of cheap tricks.

But it's not a rarity... lmao... do you live next door to a biker gang or something?

Covers that fit your criteria on the FIRST page of tFS:
Vogue April 2024 : Coco Gauff
Vanity Fair April 2024 : Anne Hathaway
Vogue Brazil April 2024 : Maria Klaumann
UK Elle May 2024 : Raye
Vogue Portugal March 2024 : The Blossom Issue - At least 2 covers
Oh! I guess I understood what’s the point of that “real woman” comment

pretty girl stands in front of eiffel tower

FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER (Whole ed)
Photography: Juergen Teller
Styling: Christine Centenera
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make-up: Isamaya Ffrench
Model: Angelina Kendall

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Absolutely adore Angelina Kendall and love the fact she's on the cover of Vogue Australia but this just ain't it. Angelina deserved far better! Three covers and not one of them is redeeming enough for me to appreciate. Drab beyond belief, mostly because of Juergen Teller's pedestrian photography. A massively missed opportunity!

Really not understanding why the Eiffel Tower is on the cover of Vogue Australia.
Focus on Australian landmarks.

The fact that an entire editorial team saw this and deemed it cover worthy shows that the industry is done. The editorial is better but still having her with her undies showing at an embassy seems odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->