Vogue France February 2023 : Angèle by Oliver Hadlee Pearch

I know I should be used to it by now, but it simply makes no sense to me and it never will. It's French Vogue!! When the most interesting page in the entire magazine is an Ermanno Scervino ad, you've got big problems.

It's the kind of things I never get used to as well. This magazine has no reason left to exist, as a blend of poor photoshoots and shameless reprints.

That cover looks lifeless, there's all that hair flying to suggest some attempt at motion but there's just no dynamism to it.

I've experienced the Ermanno Scervino effect, where a mid-level advert is the image that stands out most in my mind after flicking through a magazine, knowing that ten or twenty years ago, I wouldn't even have noticed it.

Flicked through it online, 164 pages, nothing much to add to what has already been said. I like the fresh 'Spring' feeling of the cover, but past that point, there's not much merit in the contents.

Even if I were to forget having already seen them in UK and US Vogue, the editorials themselves don't stand out, aside from the Pavarotti one. And unlike Spanish Vogue, the front of the magazine doesn't feel like much effort has been made, with the pages that could contain original content.

Thinking about it, I'd personally rate my impression/interest in the Euro Vogues as:

British Vogue
Spanish Vogue
Italian Vogue
French Vogue
German Vogue

Flicked through it online, 164 pages, nothing much to add to what has already been said. I like the fresh 'Spring' feeling of the cover, but past that point, there's not much merit in the contents.

Even if I were to forget having already seen them in UK and US Vogue, the editorials themselves don't stand out, aside from the Pavarotti one. And unlike Spanish Vogue, the front of the magazine doesn't feel like much effort has been made, with the pages that could contain original content.

Thinking about it, I'd personally rate my impression/interest in the Euro Vogues as:

British Vogue
Spanish Vogue
Italian Vogue
French Vogue
German Vogue
I think Eugene is the weakest editor , she’s only worried with the awful looks she posted in Instagram.

You could tell me she wears Naf Naf throughout the whole editorial I would believe you. How the styling is so bad and cheap. Vanessa used to do better than that.

Plus the lack of concept behind it is so obvious. Fine if you don’t have it but make every image beautiful at least.

I wonder what fashion insiders think about the current state of Vogue? I know Hedi isn't happy lol

The general reader probably won't care though...

You could tell me she wears Naf Naf throughout the whole editorial I would believe you. How the styling is so bad and cheap. Vanessa used to do better than that.

Plus the lack of concept behind it is so obvious. Fine if you don’t have it but make every image beautiful at least.

Naf Naf :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: DEAD

unfortunately very true. what a directionless, fashionless, clueless editorial! the state of this magazine is joke.

Naf Naf haha, I totally forgot about it but truth is it does look like actual total Naf Naf looks.

Uninspiring at its finest. And we're supposed to believe this magazine is the ultimate legacy of our dear Vogue Paris. Frankly speaking, Vogue France looks better if you close your eyes and don't keep seeing this eyesore any longer.

The photos from the editorial are all over the place. The close up looks like something from Maxim circa 2001. The blue dress is Vogue circa 1969, and the rest is like some second rate weekly fashion magazine. Who was the creative director? What is the story here? Randomness?

It feels like very 1996 by JJB. Why didn't Chanel sponsor last month Dec/Jan issue? She is young and her style fits in Viard's aesthetic well.

I am still baffled that Alt managed easily to make a 12-pages editorial which was sexy, desirable and luxurious with a white t-shirt and a Topshop skinny jeans but they can’t make one single image decent with Dsquared, Chanel and Miu Miu (even though I don’t believe the credits).

You always know what you lost but never what you may have next…

Editorial is a mess! Like a bad editorial from Smash hits in the 2000s

She needed a different direction.....this is pretty generic...and she is bland in front of the camera.....terrible...

Not that I want to give Vogue France the satisfaction but I do like this. Along with many others, it's giving me a huge mix of Joan Juliet Buck, Carine Roitfeld, Mario Testino - with a dash of Kylie Minogue. Not much I dislike here expect for the banal art direction from Juan Costa Paz.

Typical the magazine decides to produce a somewhat tolerable cover after I made the decision to stop buying. I do hate having gaps in my magazine collection but I may have to make an exception for this...

Typical the magazine decides to produce a somewhat tolerable cover after I made the decision to stop buying. I do hate having gaps in my magazine collection but I may have to make an exception for this...

Be strong!!!!! Don't give in to the temptation of purchasing a magazine with one moderately pleasing editorial!

giphy (1).gif
giphy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->