Vogue Italia May 2024 : Irina Shayk by Theo Liu

Why do you all like uouve never seen a race track before….

Anyway I like it bc it screams Italian and that Ferrari paid for it. Explains why they used Irina Shayk …

I live in a place where sports merchandise can be strongly aligned with social divisions, so it's not something that I would rush to spend money on, in general.

Anyone with a passing acquaintance with Rangers/Celtic or GAA/GAWA knows what I mean.

I honestly won't mind if this cover story is shared on other Vogue editions this month. It's a risky concept with proper coloring—something better than their staple studio or prairie shoots that are mostly repetitive.

it’s an alright cover and I love that smiling picture of her.

Love both cover and editorial though I wish the editorial had a second model too to add variety. I've never understood the Irina hate on tfs either, she's a particular type of model and fits into her role perfectly. IMO fashion would be boring without a variety of models, she's more like the Stephanie Seymour of her generation.

This could've been a cute cover too, to achieve the same vibe. Red mast head would've accented the visual well. But all in all, the cover they used and even the editorial as a whole isn't as striking as you would think. It's disappointing because there are many elements that could've made this better, that are included -- they just didn't utilize said elements.

I haven't been following Vogue Italia since France Sozzani passed, it's just now that I got to see an issue again.

Photographers have no storytelling skills anymore. Every editorial now is just a random assortment of images that don't give you any feeling. They're just images thrown together in no particular order and with no particular purpose. You can tell they are kind of trying to give you something, or they think they are, but they just don't have it in them.

This has taken ages to show up in my library's system - my digital issue has 206 pages.

It might be a gatefold cover, because the next page shows F1 drivers wearing their helmets, followed by a series of Gucci ads with Kendall.

Out of purely personal interest, I'll highlight there's a two-page feature about the shooting of the September 1990 VI cover with Isabella Rossellini.

Other notable content at the front:

- A reprint of the Lulu-Tenney-Felice-Paloma story, although the order of the images is different;
- A short edit "Nuovo Normcore" shot by Alice Neale, styled by Luca Galasso with models Nyaduola Gabriel and Mathilda Gvarliani.

The main fashion section has:

- The cover story, which feels like heavy-handed corporate sponsorship without regard for what the average VI reader might actually be interested in;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Debicki story;
- A reprint of the Colin Dodgson-Kendall story;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Margiela story;
- An accessories edit "Fiore" shot by Peyton Fulford.

And that's it.

This has taken ages to show up in my library's system - my digital issue has 206 pages.

It might be a gatefold cover, because the next page shows F1 drivers wearing their helmets, followed by a series of Gucci ads with Kendall.

Out of purely personal interest, I'll highlight there's a two-page feature about the shooting of the September 1990 VI cover with Isabella Rossellini.

Other notable content at the front:

- A reprint of the Lulu-Tenney-Felice-Paloma story, although the order of the images is different;
- A short edit "Nuovo Normcore" shot by Alice Neale, styled by Luca Galasso with models Nyaduola Gabriel and Mathilda Gvarliani.

The main fashion section has:

- The cover story, which feels like heavy-handed corporate sponsorship without regard for what the average VI reader might actually be interested in;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Debicki story;
- A reprint of the Colin Dodgson-Kendall story;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Margiela story;
- An accessories edit "Fiore" shot by Peyton Fulford.

And that's it.
Is not on pressreader yet 😢 what happened with the Vogue Italia Archive? Their last issue is July 2023.

Screenshot_20240503-124503.jpg
My snap

My bad, after several months the archive is updated. I hope this site never dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->