Vogue Poland May 2022 : Maaike Klaasen & Marie-Agnès Diène by Chloé Le Drezen

Unfortunetely it's true.

The problem of this edition is art direction, in classic editions editorials are set at the end of the magazine, creating a coherent whole. Here, the editorials are scattered all over Vogue. A little in the beginning, a little in the middle, a little towards the end of the magazine. It is not known which of the editorials is the main session, they are also far too short in my opinion, and similar to each other.And I miss strong cast, well-known faces. I know, it is not the most important thing, but it does give a lot.
They have a section with the texts in english like vogue ua?

Just as US Vogue is obsessed with social status or Vogue Portugal with the visual icon, Vogue Poland is partial to narration. I appreciate it and respect them for it. That is also why I find these covers disappointing. They tell no story. They are just nice colors with a nice word to match. There are no ideas, no prompts. It's just an exercise in chromatic and kinematic technique, and not a very successful one, at that. Like all things pretty, it's meh. They are not bad covers. For Vogue Poland, they are just dishonest.

not a fan of maaike but the second cover is gorgeous. indeed very nick knight for vogue paris!

Love the covers, shame about the indifferent content but if that's a thing for Polish fashion magazines to be more narrative-focused, then I respect that as it's serving their actual (Polish) readers.

POEZJA
Photography:
Chloé Le Drezen
Styling: Ali + Aniko
Hair: Michał Bielecki
Make-up: David Koppelaar
Models: Maaike Klaasen, Marie-Agnès Diène & Viktoria Lulko

Weibo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->