Vogue Russia April 2018 : Grace Elizabeth by Giampaolo Sgura

This girl is everything! The fashion industry needs more Graces :smile:

The second cover feels a bit Vanity Fair-y

She already changed the team?
nope, there is Lilith who moved from glamour under Masha a while ago (like in September) the rest of the team remains the same as under Victoria but i guess its temporary, Masha loves to style and shoot stories so i guess there will be less of Olga Dunina contribution , however there is much less of her lately in the magazine since another editor Ekaterina Zolototrubova, moved to Paris and provides lots of stories from there for the magazine. this is more convenient to save the budget by having a person in Paris.

Good God, finally! They're back to glamour and refinement. I like the concept and the shots, just not sure why we have two very similar looking ones. I think these are the best Sgura covers in some time. At least it's something different for this edition.

My vote goes to the first cover. I planned on getting it until I saw the review. No thanks, I don't invest in magazines filled with reprints.

nope, there is Lilith who moved from glamour under Masha a while ago (like in September) the rest of the team remains the same as under Victoria but i guess its temporary, Masha loves to style and shoot stories so i guess there will be less of Olga Dunina contribution , however there is much less of her lately in the magazine since another editor Ekaterina Zolototrubova, moved to Paris and provides lots of stories from there for the magazine. this is more convenient to save the budget by having a person in Paris.

Olga Dunina is the Fashion Director?
Is Masha a good stylist?

'Palace Ensemble'

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Model: Grace Elizabeth
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Make-up: Jessica Nedza
Hair stylist: Franco Gobbi

models

That shot where she’s wearing a turban, had she refined the pose a bit, and gave a better expression would have a made a killer cover.

The editorial is dark and gloomy. Funny how you don’t see Victoria on the cover, but the editorial just screams her vision.

But its miles miles better than what they’ve produced in years!

Saddened by the amount of reprints. Imagine, a Vogue franchise reprinting from Grazia/Hello? Terrible.

Now why couldn't Olga do something as good as this under Victoria? I sometimes wonder whether stylists are not silently sabotaging their superiors.

This editorial is a perfect palate cleanser, making it ideal for the new EIC to implement her vision. The shot with the green turban should've been the only cover, but the rest look pretty solid. Sgura, doing what he does best. Nothing grounbreaking, just simple effortless glamour.

^I love Grace, i love this edito, good styling and agreed with MON that the shot with the turban would have been perfect ! Nice to see editorials like that .

.. that's not good and sgura didn't magically acquire photography skills from the above, that's just morocco for ya..

Vogue Choise: Alisha Nesvat by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Sedova
Grace Elizabeth by Sgura
Dasha Khlystun by Arseny Jabiev, styled by Dunina
Izzy Wild, Julia Banas, Leah Rodl by Sebastian Kim, styled by Natasha Royt
Kira Alferink by Joan Braun, styled by Zolototrubova

242 pages
+ Vogue kids supplement

Preview for may : blonde Linda Helena by Sgura

They were reprinting celebrity articles from US Vogue since first issue. Why you, guys, are so surprised?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->