Where have all the good girls gone?

i am sorry, but i do watch Charlotte's programme on tv and she is great!!! i prefer by far to admire someone like her, who is not afraid to give her opinion, who is funny, witty, does not feel the need to be a size 0, than someone like linsey lohan.
please do read some of her interviews and you will know what i am talking about ;-)

"she has bashed President Bush as "clueless" and a "twat""

"The pilot episode featured Charlotte calling Pope Benedict XVI a Nazi"

Where have all the good girls gone? Right here. Charlotte is a good lass and seems like a laugh. Which is more than I can say for the rest of them.

ok i dont agree with alot of what she says but i find it nice and refreshing to see a girl on tv who doesnt feel under pressure becaus eof her weight, is down to earth, her self, doesnt feel the need to act fake or play up for the public etc. and isnt ashamed to admit she watches paul ogrady with her nan. she seems to me like any other 20 eyar old just shes in the media and has been protrayed as a good girl .. well the good girl grew up.

Id much rather have charlotte as a role model for my daughter then some plastic like paris hilton etc.

all though i do not agree with alot of the things she says i respect her for speaking her opinion .. and being herself which in the public eye i guess is a hard thing

Speaking your opinion doesn't mean offending others for their opinions. I do respect that she is not religious and such. Neither am I. But I have my decency to respect religious people, n leave them alone. Why do people find this behaviour to be acceptable? Doesn't matter how opinionated you are, you can at LEAST maintaining proper manners, or no one would actually respect or treat you seriously and just ignore your point. You can't use honesty and being true as excuse for poor manners. They shows nothing but disrespect. Try to imagine your younger siblings or kids acting like that to you and will you encourage it? The writer is right at some points. Now, actresses are more admired if they flaming someone than actually being good. Why? Is it because society feel like if the model they admire acting like a lame jerk, their flaws would not seem so bad? Anyway, it's just stupid.

You know... at the beginning I really didn't read all of the article. Just bits of it here and there. Now I'm thinking, it's one thing for a young person such as Charlotte to want to drink like an alcoholic, smoke like a chimney, and have a sh*tty mouth, whatever, that's her prerogative. But to randomly target and bash political government issues the way she has been is lack of the word disturbing. It's one thing to express a point of view, but to do it in a way that she is doing it, is because of her lack of understanding, her ignorance, and disrespect for others. Fine! She doesn't care much for American politics and politicians, but she doesn't need be rude about it and disrespect president Bush. (even though I don't care for him myself) Bush isn't so popular here in the states now, I believe 36% of Americans think he's doing a good job, which is a very low percentage in the ratings pole. Charlottes comments on 911 is insensitive as well. Sure! I too wished people would just move on, because after all sh*t happens! Right? But I think about those families and think about their suffering, because that's what I do, and I hope for them and for my family that they will be safe and harms free. And sure! Charlotte doesn't care much for the Catholics, and any other religious organization, but she can express her thoughts about religion in a non-vulgar way. I'm not a Christian, Catholic or a Muslim etc, etc. But even I know to still respect others regardless of our differences because that's who I am and I truely believe a lot of us do respect others with those differences. In nature humans have a heart, and at one point Charlotte had one, but she flushed her's down the toilet.:P :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Don't worry about Charlotte and her toilet. Charlotte's just doing what's she told in deference to all the bored, aimless post-industrial youth of the world. Bush can take it, the Catholic Church has proved its resilience, and its obvious that mentioning moving on about 9/11 means no one's moving on about 9/11. Aim your delicate eggs at the figurehead who'll always be safely out of reach, children. And certainly don't pull your heads away from the television!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->