Which bag?

sandrac823

Reaction score
I am still Confused!!! Between these 2 bags which do you like more? I am not a backpack person but I like the pockets and the storage of the gucci, and think it is a good investment. The Coach I like the pockets and storage but am still deep down wondering if it is a bad investment. I am not sure if I should spend 500 on a coach suede bag. The gucci is 690. Advice please!!!!!!! Thanks!!!

attachment.php

I like the coach but suede is something that will bother you all the time...and the gucci backpack...not lovin it...i say save up and buy a Baleciaga...they are so hot...or a multicore Vuitton...very cute...or a classy prada bag....lovin the yellow one in the ads with karen elson....good luck

I'd definitely say the Coach! I'm just not into backpacks, the Coach is simply more beautiful! ('nd cheaper:wink:) But yeah it's a lot of money.. and I agree with jssy4eva that if you're going to spend a lot of money on a bag, you shold definitely buy a Balenciaga bag.. they're just incredibly hot! I wish I had the money for it!

why is everyone suggesting balenciaga out of nowhere? :huh:

anyways. are you still open to more options? or are you dead set on buying one of those two?

if you are still open for more options why dont you look up MJ's venetia or Vuitton's manhattan bags? they look similar to that coach bag but sans the suede so they should be more durable..

if you dont want other options... id get the coach.

dont think about it as an "investment". just get the one you like.. :flower:
monogram guccis have very low resale values and i dont think coach bags have such thing as resale values..

OKAY. trow those pictures away, If you gonna buy one
make sure u buy a great looking one..
not one who people got fake vor 50 dollar.. like the gucci? :wink:
And the coach.. it's the best of the two, but so
not better then the millions bags in the world.

What do you want actually? Color of some prefer?
Then go looking and get some information,
because if u want my opinion, those two bags..
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO! :innocent:

I don't like that Gucci is a rucksack. You won't be able to take it with you with many outfits.That is a great minus.
So than stays Coach. Average design, classic, elegant. -> I will say Coach.

I'm not really into backpacks, so if I had to choose, I'd pick the Coach bag. But I feel like suede would be a pain.

Coach gets my vote. (But then again, I never look at any of my handbags or accessories as investments.)

I say Coach. I saw it in person yesterday, and it's actually a very nice bag.

I personally like the Gucci backpack, my cousin has one in the black on beige GG print, it's really nice in person. The monogram is out but the Gucci monogram isn't as brutally tired as LV's.

What about this backpack from Gucci? It has a great shape and is cheaper than the one you posted. $695 vs. $760.

ss05_hb_141642_F4DYG_9643-full.jpg

If you like backpacks though the LV Mabillon ($985.00) in Epi is stunning. My sister has one in mandarin, the color is nice but I like it more in red. :heart:

M5223E_large.jpg

I like the Coach bag but from what Ive read on this forum a couple of people already own the bag and many have seen people carry the bag. So the bag is already out there and very popular, Im saying this so you won't look like a follower.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not a backpack fan, so i'd have to say the coach, but that bag also comes in canvas/leather (for $398) or all leather (for $595). i've seen them both in person, and i really like the leather one:

1808_d1.jpg

the suede one seems to be really popular with celebs: http://www.coach.com/lifestyle/celebrity.asp

the leather is cute......suede is popular with celebs because if they ruin it they can buy a new one....

Thanks for everyone's input!! It was helpful. I look at all my bags as an investment because after a year i resell all of them on ebay. I have or should say had a huge Louis Vuitton collection and resold everything on ebay. This way I can always get new bags, I do not have the funds to buy a new bag all the time. So when I see something I want I usually sell one of my old bags. So resale value is one of the factors when I choose a bag. I am so tired of Louis Vuitton and of the price increase that for now, I am not buying anymore. Also, I do not want to spend more than 700.00. I just sold my Louis Vuitton multiple cite bag on ebay and got 800.00 for it, so that is my budget. That bag was so heavty and I have a toddler so it was not worth it for me. While the balenciaga is a beautiful bag, I do not think it will be practical for me.It is WAY out of my budget too. So, I guess no one likes the Gucci, which is a good thing since I do have the coach already. Maybe I will look at the Coach leather bag. That would make more sense than the suede. i just really like the tan and gold suede!

:rolleyes: Whahhaa.. damn,
why post the topic if u already have one of them?
But again, it's a lot of money for such a ugly bag..
But flava's are different. have fun with the Coach.

ATTITUDE said:
:rolleyes: Whahhaa.. damn,
why post the topic if u already have one of them?
But again, it's a lot of money for such a ugly bag..
But flava's are different. have fun with the Coach.

As I said earlier, I posted for help becausr I was not sure if I was going to keep the Coach bag. I bought it because it was sold out everywhere in case I did want it. But again, "flava's" are diferent for sure. And ummm, thanks for the input. Your comments were extremely helpful.

Sandra.. I say you stick with the Coach. I think the bag is very practical... and I happen to think that if you are careful (but not like.. obsessive compulsive careful) about your handbags... that the suede should be absolutely no problem. Just watch new clothing where the dye might rub off onto the suede. Otherwise.. I think you're right in keeping the Coach because you like the color.

And as for other members' seemingly rude posts... Just ignore them. :smile: "Flava" keeps everyone different. Who the hell wants to live in a world where everyone is a mirror image of everyone else.

Luna said:
Sandra.. I say you stick with the Coach. I think the bag is very practical... and I happen to think that if you are careful (but not like.. obsessive compulsive careful) about your handbags... that the suede should be absolutely no problem. Just watch new clothing where the dye might rub off onto the suede. Otherwise.. I think you're right in keeping the Coach because you like the color.

And as for other members' seemingly rude posts... Just ignore them. :smile: "Flava" keeps everyone different. Who the hell wants to live in a world where everyone is a mirror image of everyone else.

Thanks Luna. I love this site because I am pretty much banned from talking to my family about any bags since it is a big obsession of mine for a long time!!:lol: This is a great place for me to get a difference of opinions when making a purchase. What I think is appalling is the way people leave posts that are rude. I guess I have to realize that some people are unaware of how to tactfully give an opinion without being insulting. And I will take your advice and "ignore them". I don't want anyone's classless thought anyway. Thanks Luna!

Luna said:

Almost forgot.. I am keeping the bag! I saw on ebay they are going anywhere from 730.00 to 768.00 and that was at auction's end. I think I made a good choice!

Hi Sandra, I know I'm really late on this topic but I have 2 Coach purses that I have owned for 3 years and I must say that they have held up so well considering that I exposed the poor things to rain and snow. I also have real LV and Marc Jacobs bags and hopefully, a Balenciaga on the way but I just want to tell you that out of all those bags, the Coach purses get the most use and they are probably the best investment I have made on a purse and I know you will enjoy your Coach bag for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->