Which Model(s) Have You Met In Person?

In case anybody is interested: Toni's Charity Flea Market will be held in Europe in November.

Here are the dates:

Berlin— 3 & 4 November
Appel Design Gallery, Torstraße 114, 10119 Berlin

London— 10, 11, 12 November
21 Slingsby Place, Covent Garden, London WC2E 9AB

Paris— 17 & 18 November Vestiaire Collective boutique - 24bis Rue St Roch 75001

At least in New York there were lots of models attending, so it might be a good chance to meet some (and shop a little) without waiting outsides shows etc.

I saw Alana Zimmer a couple of weeks ago in Central Park. I didn't try to speak to her but she is super striking, really stands out in a crowd.

Has anyone ever met the male models? Garrett Neff, David Gandy, Jarrod Scott etc.?

Met Garrett Neff at an event in Jakarta on October last year and I was starstruck. He was so nice! He offered to take the selfies and Boomerang because my hands were shaking and couldn't get clear pictures after multiple attempt :D

I went to Paris for FW2017 fashion week earlier this year and saw lots of models throughout the week. Here are some of them:

Alek Wek, saw her after Balenciaga and asked for photos. She's so warm and always smiling. She exudes positive vibes in person :heart:

Frida Gustavsson, she was just got off a car to enter a hotel (I think it was a day or two prior to Nina Ricci show that she's attending) and she's so gorgeous and tall in person. Asked her for couple of photos for the blog and she said yes with sincere smile.

Leila Goldkuhl, she's soo nice and really humble. Saw her first after Loewe, we talked and asked for photos. Then met her again after Stella McCartney and Dior and she remembered me :blush:

Cara Taylor, doesn't talked much but she's striking and really calm! Met her after Loewe and again with her mom after Dior. Her mom was real nice and we engaged in convos talking about her limited daily fashion shows allowed by the France's model regulation.

Yasmin Wijnaldum, she ran after Dior while photographers and bystanders shouting her name (probably rushing to another show). Met her again accidentally a day after FW ended at Disneyland with Jess PW and Vittoria Ceretti. Asked for group pics and selfies with all of them :D

Leila Goldkuhl, she's soo nice and really humble. Saw her first after Loewe, we talked and asked for photos. Then met her again after Stella McCartney and Dior and she remembered me :blush:

You're so lucky! :blush:
I've heard she's very shy tho. I know a girl who have met her in person and said it was kinda awkward. :lol: But she's surely really nice.

I haven't met her in person but I have communicated with Timea Birkner directly via social media a few times and I have to say that she seems so lovely. I can't remember exactly what the reasons were for reaching out to her but she was always so polite and really sweet.

^hmm, Frida was the only one I didn't have a positive encounter with. But of course you can't judge someone's personality after you met the person twice in stressful situations.

At the exit of dior there was that security guy who screamed at people not to leave the sidewalk, also at some models like Frida and I think she was the only one who became quite angry, got back to him and then left without stopping for pictures. Don't know, of course it was an annoying situation because with all the people around it was quite impossible for the models to stay on the sidewalk when leaving the venue.

After Lanvin she tried to avoid a huge group of photographers and then nearly ran into me, and snarled at me. And I promise I don't jump into anyone's way, to take a picture...

Don't know, both stressful situations, but not the end of the world and IMO part of a very lucrative job....

I know this is a shot in the dark, but do you remember what Frida told the security
^hmm, Frida was the only one I didn't have a positive encounter with. But of course you can't judge someone's personality after you met the person twice in stressful situations.

At the exit of dior there was that security guy who screamed at people not to leave the sidewalk, also at some models like Frida and I think she was the only one who became quite angry, got back to him and then left without stopping for pictures. Don't know, of course it was an annoying situation because with all the people around it was quite impossible for the models to stay on the sidewalk when leaving the venue.

After Lanvin she tried to avoid a huge group of photographers and then nearly ran into me, and snarled at me. And I promise I don't jump into anyone's way, to take a picture...

Don't know, both stressful situations, but not the end of the world and IMO part of a very lucrative job....

I know this is a long shot, but would you by any chance remember what Frida said to the security guy? And tell more about your encounter with her after Lanvin?

Thank you.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but do you remember what Frida told the security

I know this is a long shot, but would you by any chance remember what Frida said to the security guy? And tell more about your encounter with her after Lanvin?

Thank you.
Are you the one messaging people from here on Instagram asking for stories about Frida? Not sure why you're so intent on knowing these..

Are you the one messaging people from here on Instagram asking for stories about Frida? Not sure why you're so intent on knowing these..
Oh, you too?! I've been receiving tons of messages from this person, with multiple IG accounts. He/she has been way too insisting, it's so annoying I had to block.

Has anyone ever met Natasha Poly? I'm such a fan.

I met Natasha Poly, after Pucci in February 2012 in Milano. Was very humble being when asked her for picture with her, very natural women. Would love to see her again.

I met Natasha Poly, after Pucci in February 2012 in Milano. Was very humble being when asked her for picture with her, very natural women. Would love to see her again.
Nice to hear that. I live in Brazil so I will never met any of my favourites.

Natasha is always nice to her fans on instagram

I just saw Lottie Moss this afternoon right next To my uni (close To Luxembourg garden). She was doing some kind of photoshoot
Didn't recognize her at the beginning. (I did only because of the context).She's so much better in blonde and she's quite small. Honestly, she's very very an ordinary

- We passed Alessandra Ambrosio (she was with her now ex) on a sidewalk in Chelsea while I was taking my brother to the Barneys Warehouse Sale years ago (when it still had a physical location).
- Irina Shayk sat literally on the other side of the court from me in Ashe this past August.
- We once saw a fashion shoot in El Retiro (a big park in Madrid) when we were walking by; I have no idea who the model was though.

That's the closest I've ever gotten....
:lol:
Anyway, they were all ridiculously gorgeous in person.

I observed Gemma backstage when she was 16 at a local show, she was lowkey and just preparing for everything out the back (it was dark) I was a model dresser.

I was around Jessica Gomes in 2003 before a show and she was a typical self aware big local name, fairly disinterested in people around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met Tami Williams the other day in NYC. She was very sweet and soft spoken and graciously took a selfie with me.

Has anyone met Sasha Pivovarova? She seems so lovely and genuine :wub:
And Poly is anything but a class act, anyone can pretend to be a class act. Hopefully one of the superior slavics will bounce back one day (though I don't expect it to happen) and show her and Natalia that they are here on the mercy of connections with severe lack of talent and looks

I've met Coco Rocha, Agyness Deyn, Jessica Stam, Paulo Roldan, and Matthew Noszka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->