Which three magazines can you not live without ?

It used to be Vogue Paris. I'm not buying this anymore, though.. It was an essential to me when it was under Carine.
Vogue Italia--used to be, too, before it got to lack inspring eds. I don't buy this mag regularly, anymore.
Numero--buy every month.

W & Interveiw were no-brainers, but now they are so skimpy that I only buy them when I see a cool editorial, or a cool ad. When Madonna was with D&G I was buying 2 of each per month.

My current must-have's:

Vogue US
Elle US
Harpers Bazaar US

A year ago I would have said Vogue Paris, i-D and Dazed & Confused. But I hardly buy any issue now. That said, I "can't live" without my collection of The Face. Probably the only magazines I'll eventually keep.

I find some Vogues so boring that I usually read or look at them only once.

Allure-All about beauty,beauty,beauty. One of my faves.
Harpers Bazaar- So much fashion compacted on every page.
Vogue US or Vogue Paris are a very close tie.

Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia and i-D! Though I seem to also can't live without Vogue UK as well.

I find some Vogues so boring that I usually read or look at them only once.

Allure-All about beauty,beauty,beauty. One of my faves.
Harpers Bazaar- So much fashion compacted on every page.
Vogue US or Vogue Paris are a very close tie.

same here. :smile:

Elle, Vogue, InStyle.
Vogue - usually British edition, Elle - usually Serbian, InStyle - sometimes British sometimes German. But I don't care about editions/languages, my criteria are nice covers.
Also Cosmopolitan (it's not a fashion mag but still), even though I'm buying it rarer than before (I used to be Cosmo addict).

Last edited by a moderator:
first thought, a complete no-brainer: Interview. I love it for this mix of commercial and artistic they provide with every single issue, and they almost always have some interesting editorials, and I love their covers. the only problem I have with it is it appears here so irregularly that couple of times a year I almost get a heart attack thinking that maybe my local bookstore stopped delivering it (and I don't want to subscribe it, it's too big so getting each issue crumped and folded would just piss me off) and I ask about it so often that all the staff knows me there already, haha.

I'm having problems with naming the rest, I buy 12 different magazines regularly (each issue, no matter what the content is) and I like each of them for something different so I guess it would be hard for me to choose just 3. from time to time I'm also extremely bored by each of them as they tend to provide some flat issues once in a while, so I don't know. I'm thinking about dumping Vanity Fair as it's not as interesting anymore so this is actually the one I could live without. the same with W, which bores me a lot lately, the only exceptions being March and September issues. I like GQ for their stories but it's hardly a fashion magazine... I like US VOGUE for nice eds, definitely love LOVE for all those gorgeous pictures they feature in every single issue, so maybe that would be my 2nd choice (but getting a magazine just twice a year is not enough for me). don't really buy any non-English press as I don't know any other languages enough to actually read anything, but I like what I see in VOGUE Paris.

One year on.. and Vogue Paris is still the magazine I could not live without. Even without Carine Roitfeld at the helm, Emmanuelle has continued the allure that a French fashion publication should obtain. It's the one magazine that fascinates me month after month. My personal tastes are often reflected on their pages, so perhaps that's the reason I adore consecutive issues. I just love love love the entire magazine.

The only two for me are Numero and Numero China. The amazing artistic direction, styling, photography, and casting decisions make their editorial content real standouts. But to pick three, my third would be Vogue Italia.

O and Yes! come to mind (nice combination there :wink:) ... I like House Beautiful a lot, and Elle is probably the closest to a fashion magazine I can't live without. I am currently living without Vogue (no problems there, heart rate normal), and Allure and Lucky are probably not going to make the cut next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->