Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm happy you like it :D that would be like a dream come true for me, i really miss him.
but i don't know what is he doing these days? anybody?

but Lacroix didn't really want to be back doing fashionweek as I heard, or I'll be thrilled by this.

Tisci needs to stay at Givenchy. Ebaz is unlikely to leave Lanvin right? I would think he's holding out for the day Chanel becomes a possibility. Perhaps Ghesquiere or left field...Erdem?

It would never happen ... but Tom Ford would be very interesting. Again, that would never happen. He could definitely handle the luxury aspect of it.

I think Marios Schwab would be a good choice, too, at least for PAP. I am not sure how he would do handling the giant that is Haute Couture !

Francesco Scognamiglio is another name that came to my mind.

ohh Tom Ford...another great idea.
but i'm afraid these two, Lacroix and Ford probably wouldn't want to do this...:(

This is SO sad, the worst end, he creates so amazing things for Dior, and for this thing he gets fired, he goes to the back door???
Terrible!
He deserves a last show, a last couture at least, this is a complete tragedy.

And i don't think that Dior will have right now a sustitute, creative team or maybe a Dior Sarah Burton.
This is very very very sad

this is sad. dior ready to wear are just forgetable for the last couple of years but galliano made some of the most unforgetable couture show in the history of couture.

i guess the house of dior is pretty happy that they have a great excuse to fire john galliano. his clothes these days are just trashy and nobody wear it. who would wear a hawaii flavoured dress?

So...are we going to see a Dior show this coming Friday at PFW?

Sad to see John go out like this. I was tired of the repetitive and re-worked "new look" that I suspect Dior was making him do season after season, and wanted him gone...but on his own terms, not because of a scandal like this.

adn not just that!! ^^^ poor john.
one day you,and the next day you are out!

jean-paul gaultier ? a friend just suggested this to me and it isnt that far-fetched imo, taking into consideration he just left hermes

It would be very realistic for Dior officials to court Hedi Slimane to make a return to the house, even though I guess that would potentially make his return in menswear a bit unexciting since they would likely continue with his existing winning formula there. Nonetheless, Slimane is well-known for having womenswear ambitions and was likely waiting with patience for a major job opportunity like this (or at YSL) to surface. Slimane is the best bet for sellable, modern tailoring and sportswear - I wonder, though, if his sensibilities would be well-suited for proper haute couture as one expects from a house like Dior? It is hard to imagine a Slimane evening gown at the Oscars only one year in advance from now, no?

I could on the other hand likely see the Rodarte sisters filling the womenswear niche without difficulty - they have a very distinct aesthetic language and would be one of the few young designers capable to do couture. As an independent design house, they also succeeded to establish their name among Hollywood's a-list celebrities, with Reese Witherspoon, Natalie Portman etc. all having worn their distinct evening dresses.

Another name I would find likely as a candidate for an interview would be Alexis Mabille - he's a natie frenchman who's worked with both Slimane and Galliano at Dior and he is doing both men's and womenswear independently, as well as a women's couture collection. I am sure he still has ties with the company and that the officials would rather consider a younger, easier to control creator over nominating a star designer with extravagant expectations on salary and control over the direction of the house.

^^he came to my mind too, but no... he's just too much for Dior, he's more like a rebel than Galliano, i suppose :D

Now that's some excitement!

Putting the sad circumstances aside, I'm really glad there will be a designer change at Dior. They need it like any other house.

As much as I can't think of any person I would find perfectly fitting for the missing slot, I wouldn't mind seeing Olivier or Alessandra back in a big brand again.

Theyskens' name is being bandied about a lot, I'd love to see him at Dior, and doing couture! Not sure what he's contract to at Theory, though I imagine the collaboration has a finite end and he could do both, lot of work though.

Can't see Tisci leaving Givenchy for Dior.

from what i heard galliano hardly did any design anymore at dior

most was done by his right hand, don't know his name..
and that they kept john on for PR reasons..

so i assume that dude will now take over?

ok...its common sense...the accusation is just an amazing excuse for dior... who's gonna succeed?? wait n c...

i'm not one to speculate but we were just mentioning him in the designers we miss thread and i just think if nothing solidifies in the near future,whether with his own label or otherwise,bruno pieters would be a dream. his vision would work perfectly and i think given the level of absurdity and spectacle that we've witnessed from galliano,it would bring dior back to a place of utter elegance and innovation again.

of course,i'm sure the LVMH suits are really keen to keep the buzz factor going,rodarte certainly would keep that in tow. but are they ready for such a responsibility though? it's one thing to do things at your own label and we've only just started to see the girls really evolve in their vision and their technique. i'm just not sure that would be a smart move....it's risky.

you guys mentioning tom ford,btw...listen i have a lot of respect for those of you who made such a suggestion but i almost spit out my OJ on that. for one,tom is just too slick and too much about overt sex,for that to be a fitting marriage. it'd be like oil and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->