Who will sweep up at the F-W 07/08 Haute Couture Shows?

Serafima Vakulenko, Sasha Beznosyuk, Nataliya Piro, Masha Tyelna, Olga Elnikova, Olga Sherer

Alison Nix
Alexandra Tomlinson
Suzanne Diaz
Alana Zimmer
Coco Rocha
Catherine Mc Neil
Hilary Rhoda
Sacha Blue
Milana K
Eniko
Egle Tvirbutaite
Inguna
Lily Cole
Laura B

I hope you are right about Suzanne Diaz (new pics :D ), Alana Zimmer (sure about her) and Sasha B.
Catherine will be there, I guess, as well-

GALLIANO'S GETTING BUSY
spacer.gif
JOHN GALLIANO is gearing up for one hell of a party. As Christian Dior prepares for its 60th anniversary this summer, rumour has it the British designer will stage a one-off couture show on July 2, inside Versaille's stunning Orangerie. According to WWD, models have already been booked and instructed to arrive an enormous eight hours before showtime - now that's a lot of hair and make-up.

I know for sure that we won't be able to identify most of them. At least we'll have alot of fun trying :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: I always look forward to Galliano's shows! Hopefully he'll do even better than SS 07 couture :heart:

^ I fear it will be difficult to top that :heart: But I still do hope so. And thanks for that article, J'ador-DioR, I hope we can identify them :rofl:

I think some of you are naming way too many new girls to have succesful couture shows. Remember that there are only a handful of shows which also means that there is only room for a very small ammount of new girls to do shows. Girls like Anabela, Danielle and Serafima stand a very small chance of doing more than one or two shows as far as I am concerned. If we take a look at last couture season for instance, Iekeliene, who was the bomb of SS 07 rtw, did not one major couture show.

I still think that there is only place for Catherine, Elsa, Alyona, Kasia and Olga...they definetly are most suitable of all the new girls to do a lot of couture. On top of that, I strongly, highly, deeply, truely feel that the time is so so so so right for Tanya Diahileva to finally do couture....why has she never done this before :huh:

(also I am hoping to see Genevieve Godbout (look her up) at at least Dior, because :wub: )

^Ha, I know I listed a plethora of names, but I didn't mean to imply that I believed that all ten or so of them would be walking all of the shows. I know that there are very limited number of couture shows, after all didn't Flavia do the most last year and walked 5? I was really just stating which of the new crowd would, in my opinion, have the best chance of walking period. Not that all of them would dominate, or be present at all.

I didn't include Anabela though because I believe she's 5'9.5" which is rare on couture runways. Though Serafima mind you already walked for LaCroix last season at HC.

Its all vagrant speculation, I was just trying to narrow down the new girls who might appear. :flower:

Mr-Dale someone said that Tanya never does couture because of her wide hips (?)

^yea...the designers prefer like 34" hip max for couture.
that is most likely why we never see her at couture...

I so want to see KK do Couture again, especially Dior. Also, hopefully lots of Morgane aswell.

^KK is sooo amazing when it comes to couture..
Remember when she opened the dior couture queen show back a few years ago?? How iconic was that!?

oh..i need to find a clip of that and post it!!

Mr-Dale someone said that Tanya never does couture because of her wide hips (?)

Yeah I believe that was me who started that rumor :P But I believe she has reached such status by now that it shouldn't matter anymore?

And I wasn't only referring to you rockstar, just in general :flower: I am aware that Serafima did Lacroix, but I think she's the kind of girl that needs to be known more to do couture. Also, mind everyone, that Anabela, Masha, Oxana etc etc have all not done any of the shows during RTW of the houses that present couture and usually couture designers only work with girls they've worked with before. Although there are exceptions of course...like Chanel tends to use lesser known girls more often in their couture shows. And I have to add that Masha has a big chance on doing Givenchy.

^You can add Jessica Beyers to the list of likely appearences at Givenchy since she walked for them in last season's Haute Couture.

^I wouldn't be surprised to see her at Chanel couture as well

I'd love to see Guinevere van Seenus make a huge comeback- so iconic.

Yeah I believe that was me who started that rumor :P But I believe she has reached such status by now that it shouldn't matter anymore?

Oops haha :blush:
Well I have fingers crossed, but I'm not too optimistic.

Irina l will probably do Givenchy as well, she tends to do the couture shows

^shes kind of faded though lately...i guess we'll have to wait and see

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->