Yves Saint Laurent Resort 2010

the wide leg pant offers some hope , i have thus far hated the hideous high waisted baloon pants he just doesnt stop churning out , hopefully for spring he will put out some flattering trousers, im just sooo sick of that pant shape.

Pilati pre-falls & resorts collection are more about Yves-YSL, while in the runway it is more Stefano-YSL,
seems that yellow bolero was abstracted by this original couture worn here by Nan Kempner.

Attachments

• 83aw1.jpg
    83aw1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 83aw2.jpg
    83aw2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
I love it!
That orange trench is delish, I want it; as well as that white pencil skirt with the sheer top. Love it!
Those bags are amazing. Great cruise collection!

I second you on the orange trench and bags. I especially covet the trench which I would wear for years. Must see if I can get on the list for that!:heart:

Pilati pre-falls & resorts collection are more about Yves-YSL, while in the runway it is more Stefano-YSL,

I really wish the runway was more Yves-YSL, I'm so bored with Pilati attitude -_-

taz, you'll need to post the source for those images or they'll be removed. thank you.

thanks guys for the pictures!

i love the balloons :wub:

and the accessories interesting.. i like the discs.. like made of marble and stone
haven't seen something like that in a long time.

Boh.
Neutrals plus bland photography . ?
The green dress with the matching bolero is okay.
I'd wear the orange trench.

source:
fondation-pb-ysl.net

Last edited by a moderator:
here's the text from wwd...

For cruise, Yves Saint Laurent designer Stefano Pilati reflected the heritage of the house’s late founder: A ballooning bolero was inspired by a couture piece, and strong jewelry echoed the bohemian mix of semiprecious stones — mother of pearl and seashells — Loulou de la Falaise was long known for. Rich color and eye-teasing prints, all taken from seashell motifs that evoke animal spots, were worked in sensuous and voluptuous shapes. Silky knits and chiffon dresses fell in loose cascades. But there was crisp tailoring, too: high-waisted pleated pants, double-breasted jackets and a natty trench.

The green dress is lovely so is the baloon orang bolero. Lovely collection. what was just simply elegent was the last picture of the white skirt that was shaded from the waist part.

I really wish the runway was more Yves-YSL, I'm so bored with Pilati attitude -_-

2nded.

one feels that this pre-fall and cruise stuff represents quite a lot of the apparel the stores actually sell. ysl has floated on fragrance, eyewear, and accessories for some time now.

i miss the revolution in silhouettes and pallatte he started when he first arrived at the house -- prada has stolen that mantle back with her fall line. perhaps it's time he started traveling for inspiration as galliano made his habit back in the exciting days of dior.

His edition 24 and pre fall 2009 collections are quite beautiful very YSL 60s-70s but modernized , clothes i would love to wear , he has a pair of black wide gabardine pants with stilettoes fantastic , and this cropped 60s style gaucho pants with a jacket , very chic. Its time Pilati stop doing his horrid renditions of 80s fashions and get back to modernizing the beautiful shapes of late 60s-70s YSL

this is really amazing, i love everything from this collection!!!! love love love

Pretty gorgeous in every way. And I am not a huge fan of Pilati's, to say the least.

Stunning soft Muse bag and gorgeous color palette. The trench and the pants are sublime. Very Parisian, and very chic. Looks modern and expensive. God, I love those stunning pants!!!! So linear and chic! I am happy to see some color from him. I bet a lot of women will think it will be amazing to 'cruise' in these clothes!!! That midnight green dress with shoulders and skinny belt is too divine for words. The agate jewelry is ten times better than what Frida Giannini had shown for this spring/summer Gucci RtW. I adore the muted pastels and that extremely chic and skinny ghostwhite blazer with raised peak lapel.

The mustard bolero is perhaps the chicest thing he has ever designed. And YSL still cuts a mean pencil skirt.

The feeling of the spread reminds me of that FW Marc Jacobs show... when was it... God I can't remember. But it had the same colors and bourgeois trench look. Quite a nice surprise really. Styling is quite soignee.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nded.

one feels that this pre-fall and cruise stuff represents quite a lot of the apparel the stores actually sell. ysl has floated on fragrance, eyewear, and accessories for some time now.

i miss the revolution in silhouettes and pallatte he started when he first arrived at the house -- prada has stolen that mantle back with her fall line. perhaps it's time he started traveling for inspiration as galliano made his habit back in the exciting days of dior.

I agree 100%.

It seems like Pilati's vision gets crushed under the heavy YSL heritage and his redundant attempts to make it look 'modern' by making the blazers tighter and tighter and the pants wider and wider every season. It is too soon to throw the towel and design the same things again and again in different variations, as what Galliano is now doing with Dior's 'New Look.'

He needs a vision and perhaps some courage to bring something new to YSL. But look what they have done to Tom when he tried to do exactly that, just 5 years ago. Such a bitter pill to swallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->