2010 MET Costume Institute Gala : The American Woman

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
DRESS YOU UP: Gap, which is sponsoring the “American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity” exhibit, will be dressing quite a number of celebrities at Monday night’s kick-off Costume Institute benefit. The chain and its executive vice president of global design, Patrick Robinson, collaborated with several young designers to create eveningwear for the occasion. M.I.A. and Zoë Kravitz are slated to come to the Met in Alexander Wang for Gap; Kirsten Dunst and Jamie Bochert will wear Rodarte for Gap; Kerry Washington and Riley Keough will sport Thakoon for Gap, and Sophie Theallet for Gap will be worn by Jessica Alba and Vera Farmiga. Gap is offering the eight dresses in a silent auction at gap.com/gownauction from May 4 to 31 with proceeds benefiting the Costume Institute. Two days after the party, Gap will start showcasing the dresses at its pop-up store at 680 Fifth Avenue. The shop will also offer special Gap T-shirts inspired by the themes in the Costume Institute exhibit.
wwd

:ninja:
  • Alexander Wang for Gap: MIA, Zoe Kravitz [Vogue]
  • Alexander Wang: Gisele Bundchen
  • Balenciaga: Bee Shaffer
  • Burberry: Emma Watson, Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Daniel Craig, Claire Danes, Edward Norton, Hugh Dancy
  • Calvin Klein: Diane Kruger, Dree Hemingway, Zoe Saldana [WWD]
  • Carolina Herrera: Renee Zellweger
  • Chanel: Kristen Stewart, Lily Collins, Anna Wintour, Lady Amanda Harlech, Elisa Sednaoui
  • Christian Dior: Marion Cotillard
  • Christian Siriano: Melania Trump
  • Diane Von Furstenberg: Kristen Bell
  • Dolce & Gabbana: Naomi Campbell, Eva Mendes
  • Donna Karan: Karlie Kloss (custom), Mamie Gummer [@jimshi809, @jimshi809]
  • Dries Van Noten: Sean Combs
  • Giambattista Valli: Rosario Dawson, Candy Pratts Price [@GiambattistaPR, @GiambattistaPR]
  • Gucci: Elizabeth Banks
  • Halston Heritage: Sarah Jessica Parker
  • J. Mendel: Mary J. Blige, Melissa George
  • Jason Wu: Camilla Belle
  • Joseph Altazurra: Karolina Kurkova, Anja Rubik
  • Kenneth Cole: Emmy Rossum
  • L.A.M.B.: Gwen Stefani
  • L'Wren Scott: Christina Hendricks [@jimshi809]
  • Lanvin: Janet Jackson, Naomi Watts
  • Louis Vuitton: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Rachel McAdams, Rachel Bilson, Abby Cornish
  • Marc Jacobs: Leighton Meester, Nicole Richie, Rachel Zoe, Greta Gerwig, Lily Donaldson & Ben Hollingsworth
  • Marchesa: Joy Bryant, Eva Longoria, Blake Lively
  • Marni: Kemp Muhl, Emma Roberts, Sasha Pivovarova
  • Michael Kors: Brooke Shields, Diane Lane, Carolyn Murphy, Natasha Poly, Chanel Iman, Diane Sawyer [WWD]
  • Miu Miu: Carey Mulligan
  • Oscar de la Renta: Oprah Winfrey, Rachel Weisz [Vogue]
  • Phillip Lim: Alexa Chung
  • Prabal Gurung: Hilary Rhoda [@HilaryHRhoda]
  • Prada: Lady Gaga, Iman [The Cut]http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f50/2010-met-costume-institute-gala-american-woman-102275.html
  • Proenza Schouler: Chloe Sevigny
  • Pucci: Sienna Miller
  • Rachel Roy: Rachel Roy, Liya Kebede, Jessica Stam
  • Rag & Bone: Bar Rafaeli
  • Ralph Lauren: Taylor Swift, Jessica Biel [WWD]
  • Ralph Rucci: Whoopi Goldberg, Andre Leon Talley
  • Roberto Cavalli: Padma Lakshmi
  • Rodarte for Gap: Kirsten Dunst, Jamie Bochert [Vogue]
  • Roland Mouret: Amber Valletta
  • Sophie Theallet for Gap: Vera Farmiga, Jessica Alba [Vogue]
  • Stella McCartney: Liv Tyler, Kate Hudson [@MARYALICESTYLE, @jimshi809]
  • Thakoon for Gap: Kerry Washington, Riley Keough [Vogue]
  • Valentino: Anne Hathaway, Kate Bosworth [@jimshi809]
  • Vera Wang: Mariska Hargitay, Maggie Grace, Mila Kunis
  • Versace: Jessica Szohr, Cassie, Alessandra Ambrosio, Ivanka Trump Kushner
  • Vivienne Westwood: Thandie Newton
  • Yves Saint Laurent: January Jones, Tina Fey [WWD]
  • Zac Posen: Doutzen Kroes, Coco Rocha [@MissDK, @Oh_So_Coco]
  • Zuhair Murad: Jennifer Lopez

Last edited by a moderator:
PARTY MATES: Speaking of the Costume Institute benefit, speculation about designers and the celebrities they will bring to the party is heating up. Ralph Lauren and his wife, Ricky, will host Taylor Swift, Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake, while Kenneth Cole is bringing Emmy Rossum, Stanley Tucci and Matthew Morrison from “Glee.” Other designers have still to finalize their plans. Michael Kors will be bringing Brooke Shields, Diane Lane, Carolyn Murphy, Natasha Poly and Chanel Iman.
Source: wwd

I'm still trying to get a little bit excited about seeing this exhibit, but just like last year I'm just kind of "meh" about it all.

The news that Gap is going to be dressing people hasn't done much to raise my excitement about the event, either. Last year's red carpet was largely disappointing, so I'm kind of bracing for the same this year.

wow, Everybody for Gap? :ninja: welcome y'all, to the recession ball :rofl:

excited to see the collabs from Sophie Theallet and Rodarte though ^_^

^:lol:
Chanel NOOO! I had such high hopes for her after such smashing outfits the last two years!:(

They may have well just made it Michelle Obama themed and be done with it.:rolleyes:
The Gap thing is just dumb, this is supopsed to be one of the best dressed events of the year, when people really should be making an effort, and they're going to be turning up in Gap!:blink:

Oh my! Cate Blanchett was the name that first caught my attention. She and the supermodels are enough to make me enjoy this event. Also love Sofia, SJP and Keira! I'm kind of surprised Keira will be there, though. She is quite private!

Lady Gaga as a guest of Prada! what! why!:angry:
I haven't seen Keira at a big event like this in ages, I'll be interested to see what she wears.

Oh, I thought the Benefit Committee was also the list of people in attendance. :ninja:

Lady Gaga with Miuccia? That's such an odd pairing. I don't know whether to be excited or to be bewildered.... I wonder what Miuccia will put on her? I hope something better than what Armani did for her during the Grammys. And it's her first time coming, no?

And Michael Kors not taking Carmen Kass? What a disappointment. I could make do without Chanel and replace her with Carmen.

Can't wait for the pictures.

I'm expecting a lot of safe Ralph Lauren-esque outfits though.

Looking forward to see Cate and Natalia the most. The rest will probably be boring anyway.

Oh, I thought the Benefit Committee was also the list of people in attendance. :ninja:

hmm yes me too...:unsure: anyway Im sure those people on that list are all going to be there :flower: Big fashion names and celebs.

We can only hope. If they are the list of people in attendance, then I think it has potential to be the best gala in years.

2010 MET Costume Gala

vogue.com

Even though it might seem like we were just touring the halls of The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion, it is already time (at least for us) to start planning for the 2010 Costume Institute exhibition and gala. To that end, the Metropolitan Museum of Art today announced the much anticipated theme: American Women: Fashioning a National Identity.

styleite.com

According to WWD:
M.I.A. and Zoë Kravitz are slated to come to the Met in Alexander Wang for Gap; Kirsten Dunst and Jamie Bochert will wear Rodarte for Gap; Kerry Washington and Riley Keough will sport Thakoon for Gap, and Sophie Theallet for Gap will be worn by Jessica Alba and Vera Farmiga.

wwd.com

PARTY MATES: Speaking of the Costume Institute benefit, speculation about designers and the celebrities they will bring to the party is heating up. Ralph Lauren and his wife, Ricky, will host Taylor Swift, Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake, while Kenneth Cole is bringing Emmy Rossum, Stanley Tucci and Matthew Morrison from “Glee.” Other designers have still to finalize their plans. Michael Kors will be bringing Brooke Shields, Diane Lane, Carolyn Murphy, Natasha Poly and Chanel Iman.

Doutzen Kroes is attending aswell. Zac Posen is designing her dress specially for the evening.

Laura Bailey's attending with Stella McCartney, she posted pictures of the two dresses she'll be wearing.

vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->