Alexander Wang Handbags

I'm not sure yet. I really want a bag in the sage color..but I already have he diego and the coco so I dont really want to get another one in a different color.

made a total impulse buy yesterday afternoon

got the diego in brown... for $330ish on theoutnet
couldn't resist :P

Oh my God... I just posted about this on The Purse Forum!! My friend who works at Holt Renfrew in Toronto asked her coworker downtown why Holts currently didn't have any in stock... the coworker said that it was because apparently, the leather on the piping was ripping and showing the white part underneath so customers were bringing their bags back so Holts had to ship them all back!

I hope this isn't the case with all of their bags that are out at the moment because I just ordered the Forest Rocco from Aloha Rag just two nights ago and I was planning on carrying it every day, which is the reason why I had to sell my grey one..

That's really interesting! That is exactly what is happening with my forest rocco! I got mine off NAP - I'm not sure they would accept it back though? I mean, I've had it for about 6 or so months now....

When I see the Rocco being carried, whether in person or in pictures, I always think it looks cool - but the thought of it just seems too trendy, and so I've never kept one. But what do you all think of the Daria?

aliki i think that bag looks like a good concept initially when I first saw it months ago but now it doesnt seem practical.

think about it, there's so much going on with the bondage belts that you'll have to wear basic stuff. it wont go well with a lot of things.

I really wanted to get one of his bags this season but I just ordered a Marco Tagliaferri bag..so I think Im going to take a break from Wang for a bit.

Well I emailed NAP about the tearing along the piping of my rocco (which is occuring on both barrels and doesn't correlate to where the bag would have been set down). They said that basically since I bought the bag over 6 months ago (I purchased it about 8 months ago) they couldn't (ie wouldn't) do anything about it.

While I understand, it's quite disappointing because clearly the fault isn't through wear and tear, as many others have had this problem (there is a thread on it at the purse forum). Apparently, it's a problem with the newer Rocco's (ie the ones with straps) as people don't seem to have them with the original bags. So I guess I will email AW and see what they say but I'm not holding my breath. It's quite annoying because fixing this leather won't be easy or cheap, but the bag looks quite bad with the tears and everytime you carry the bag, it just exacerbates the issue.

^^^ i have the original coco. it is torn around the piping of the barrel also.

i'm so sorry, meg! please keep us updated. i wonder when the store opens in ny if i could go there and see if anyone could direct me somewhere to have it fixed. mine is the original as well - no straps.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess I will email AW and see what they say but I'm not holding my breath. It's quite annoying because fixing this leather won't be easy or cheap, but the bag looks quite bad with the tears and everytime you carry the bag, it just exacerbates the issue.

Good luck with that. I took them an eternity to answer my email about an issue with my Donna. Then they responded asking me to send pics of the rusting/discoloration on the zippers. It's been exactly a month and still no answer. Such bad customer service for bags that are expensive for what they are.

At this point I really don't expect anything good from them anymore. :angry:

oh - sorry to hear it's happening to you ladies as well. Maybe when I email AW I will include pictures (as well as links to this thread and the Purse Forum thread) to substantiate that it's a major issue. Though of course, if they acknowledge it, I'm sure they would get a flood of returns. I still have my card somewhere, maybe there is a guarantee of quality on that? Because honestly, people on the Purse Forum were getting these tears after carrying their bag about 10 times. And the piping is white so it really shows when it's torn.

I have a much older (much more delicate bag) from Jimmy Choo which I didn't treat as well as this bag and I've had a bit of piping torn on that, but the piping was navy to match the bag color.

oh - sorry to hear it's happening to you ladies as well. Maybe when I email AW I will include pictures (as well as links to this thread and the Purse Forum thread) to substantiate that it's a major issue. Though of course, if they acknowledge it, I'm sure they would get a flood of returns. I still have my card somewhere, maybe there is a guarantee of quality on that? Because honestly, people on the Purse Forum were getting these tears after carrying their bag about 10 times. And the piping is white so it really shows when it's torn.

I have a much older (much more delicate bag) from Jimmy Choo which I didn't treat as well as this bag and I've had a bit of piping torn on that, but the piping was navy to match the bag color.

I really hope they do something about it. Word spreads really quickly on the net nowadays. If they don't do nothing about it, I sense the company is gonna be the one loosing out in the long run! :rolleyes:

I'm dying for the Darcy....
Anyone own it?

I haven't got one(but have a whole heap of other a.wang bags) but the Darcy is extremely heavy!!! It weighs a ton even before you put anything in it. Saying that though, it's very edgy and I like it. Just cant justify the weight and the strap looks like it'll hurt your shoulder a couple of hours.

lets see photos diider! karma for you.

Thanks :smile: I recently relocated to the UK from Australia/Taiwan/Malaysia and only brought a few bags over. I did bring over my trusty taupe Donna and black zippered Jena clutch though. Will try to take some photos and upload them here :D

Heading to Selfridges today to have a look at more A.Wang and Celine bags today. Heh..

hahah i guess some cant have enough shoes some cant have enough bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->