Alexander Wang Handbags

I got the Darcy in Brick (the reddish maroon tone). Its gorgeous, I'll upload pics if anyone cares to see it. Very convenient and roomy. its complete love!

The leather on these looks amazing! Is it as thick and bubbly as the pictures show?

^^the leather isn't as thick as you might expect.
at least not on the diego..
though the bubbly sort of look is nice.

i haven't had mine very long and just noticed this weekend that the piping around the bottom is totally rubbing away. i guess i would have thought that the studs on the bottom would prevent excessive contact and prevent that?

was a bit disappointed when i noticed that.

Hi Chrissy! great minds think alike... haha cant believe we both have coffers and then we got our diegos at a steal

after carrying my diego around all weekend i must agree it is a bit of a pain to find stuff in it. but i dont love it any less haha fashion entails a bit of sacrifice.

congrats on ur darcy Dana!

on the leather note mine is actually quite thick and bubbly i cant describe it any other way.

Last edited by a moderator:
any Rocco owners out there?

i finally snagged one on Bluefly and received it today... but the handles feel really off and uncomfortable... flimsy almost. also, the inner zipper doesn't zip all the way through :( has anyone else run into these problems?

TIA

Just though I would update you all on my Rocco issue (the issue Chrissy mentioned on this page actually, and I mentioned several times throughout this thread about piping wearing through very quickly despite limited use/good care).

I emailed Net-a-Porter (who I bought the bag from) in February about the issue (8 months after purchase) and was told that since the bag was more than 6 months old, they would not issue a refund. I finally sent my Rocco off to New York last week to be repaired (spending 90 pounds in doing so in order to get the package fully insured) though AW told me via email they may not be able to repair the bag.

I got an email back from AW yesterday informing me that since my Rocco (forest green) was from a previous season, they no longer had the materials on hand and I should go back to Net-a-Porter. I called AW today and said NAP had said they would not issue a refund since the bag was older than 6 months and I felt like I was being trapped between 2 parties who wouldn't help! AW then informed me that since they had confirmed they were unable to repair the bag, it is NAP policy to fully refund the purchase.

Still dubious, I emailed NAP about this, including the email from AW that said the bag could not be repaired and I got an email this evening informing me that when the bag was back with them (their collections team will call me) a full refund will be issued!! :woot: This is honestly great news. I thought it would never get resolved and I know that some people had issues with AW customer service in the past, so I was wary. Fortunately, I still have my dustbag and all the tags and authenticity card, so that's quite handy.

I would really like another AW bag because I loved my Rocco - it was a great size. But I'm just not confident the leather will hold up. But I just wanted to inform everyone that (thus far) it has been a success and I've been pleasantly surprised at the willingness of AW to help me get this resolved.

that is really good news. it seems the two parties at first were playing football over who would be the responsible party for the bag. will you be getting the original bag back?

It's being fedex'd to me at the moment and then I will return it to NAP to get my full refund. I was contacted my the london premiere team today to arrange the pick-up so hopefully it will all work out!

congrats meg! i'm glad it worked out for you!

sounds like the protocol is something like netaporter refunds you and then maybe alexander wang refunds netaporter for the wholesale price or something...
i'm sure there must be something to that effect going on

It amazes me the number of times I've read disaster stories about AW's leather! It's gorgeous but fragile. Too bad.

Meg, I'm so glad it's worked out for you!

I got my diego last December, and haven't had any trouble with it.

I guess I haven't used it that often though.
It's so heavy and things get lost so easily in it that I really don't like using it every day.

But yay for NAP and AW for solving the issue!

Meg, that's awesome! Who did you contact at AW? I bought my bag on sale at Opening Ceremony last summer so I don't think they'd issue a refund...

We'll see - I found my dustbag and authenticity card so hopefully there will be no issues returning it. I am sending it back to NAP on Monday.

June - I didn't deal with anyone in particular. I just emailed the customer service address and I was never given a name. The woman I spoke with one the phone was quite helpful but I didn't catch her name. It shouldn't matter if you got it on sale or not - AW has a 1 year warranty so if you are within that time frame you should still be eligible for a repair if that's your issue!

happy you're issue is resolved! just wished it went more smoothly and no yoyo-ing back and forth!

Does anyone know where I can find an Alexander Wang Diego in Leopard?

I really want one.

the leopard diego bag was only available at opening ceremony I believe. Anyone wanna confirm that?

2nd update: Bad news :( So after taking my bag and getting no response (or money) for over a week I contacted NAP and they promised they would look into it. Well after calling back (because they didn't get back to me in the allotted time frame) they informed me that they couldn't accept the bag because the quality control team said it was due to 'wear and tear' and it was beyond a year since I bought the bag. I said it wasn't wear and tear since many people had the issue and I was informed if the vendor couldn't repair the item, a full refund would be issued. They were insistent that since it was beyond the 6 month window, even if the vendor told them it was a faulty quality issue, they wouldn't be able to accept it.

But they never really answered why they just took the bag back and never made contact. In the end they were like 'so you want the bag back?' Of course I do! I'd rather they didnt' have the bag AND my money :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed with Net-a-Porter and I don't think I will buy any handbag from them in the future. It might be different if there was an Alexander Wang boutique here, but I don't think a 6 month window of offering support is very long, especially given the price of bags they sell, and I'm just so disappointed that they seem unwilling to do anything or speak to the vendor to resolve the issue. And why even bother to issue the return authorization if they wouldn't accept it because it'd been more than 6 months?

So I got back in touch with AW and spoke to a really nice girl on the phone whose going to contact their repair center again and see if there is anything at all they can do, because now I'm out an extra 100 pounds for shipping the bag to NYC and I'm still left with a Rocco with tearing leather.

So not very happy right now! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg,

I'm SO sorry to hear about this downturn in your ordeal! Have you thought about writing the president/CEO of Net-a-Porter and posting it on facebook?

Word-of-mouth (both good and bad) can work wonders in turning problems like this around.

Good luck!
Shelley:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->