Chanel Cruise 2022 Les Baux-de-Provence

It's a decent collection by Virginie, I wish we had a similar aesthetic she gave from the Resort Look Book from last year to this presentation.

Opening pieces are great, the second and third look were definitely strong imo.

This looks all better tailored as well, way easier to look at than the last HC and F/W collection without a doubt, but Virginie needs a stronger vision if she wants to have herself be put in the similar ranks of Karl.

^^ I agree I kind of love look 2 lol. A couple hits. Quite a lot of misses tho. Whatever

With that I am giving her 2-3 more years before she will be replaced as rapidly and discreetly as she was appointed.

Bruno Pavlovsky is furious about Anthony's collection for YSL which means that he did great job.

I love the location of the show, very pretty! In terms of the collection, it's not awful. I know this is a cruise collection so it's a bit more relaxed to begin with but we all know Virginie has been trying to tone Chanel down a bit the last couple years and offer more casual wear. This isn't necessarily a problem but she needs to remind herself that she's the Creative Director at Chanel, not GAP. She needs a clear vision for her collections and a detailed eye for the garments. All of that being said, I don't think this collection is awful by any means. There are some really gorgeous pieces actually, I love the first few looks and the two full white looks near the end are very nice. But then there are some looks in the middle, especially looks 49 to 55, that make me go "???" But overall, this collection isn't too bad.

I like the inspiration and attitude with a few looks but as a whole is quite underwhelming.

Beside the B&W palette, the Jean Cocteau connection is quite weak. The first 2 looks are the best look. The minidresses are horrible she needs to stop doing that. The jackets are the best parts about this collection, she should focus on that.

There’s something very Nicolas Ghesquiere in the intention...
As usual, a bunch of unmastered early 90’s Chanel references, a dose of bad styling and a whole quite vulgar allure.

Vulgarity works when it’s fun...

The white silk caftan dress is maybe the best thing she has ever done.

it’s her best attempt so far but still a little I’ll fitting, the tailoring doesn’t look as pristine as it used to, I dare say that it’s the same as when Lagerfeld was there so why does it look cheaper and sloppier?? and those fringes... Lord!

the accessories looked great!

best part for me was having Vittoria opening the show with her piercing stare!
I want her and Abby Champion to front the next ad campaign.

Still some misses but actually a few hits which for Virginie at this point is a win. Also like that the cast was diverse and location on point

Does this remind anyone of the Spring/Summer 2009 collection? Just more punk and less tailored. Well less everything. Although I must say I am liking the pink suit from Look 12. And the jacket from Look 4. I’m just an old lady at heart. Sorry.
Now if only Chanel would go back to the wonderful Byzantine inspired jewelry that Mademoiselle incorporated so well. I’m so tired of the logos on every necklace and the same pearls in every collection. Yes we need pearls at Chanel but for heavens sake add something else.

The use of the different shades of white is so uncomfortable to the eye, and also how it's used for some of the accessories, namely the boots with the fishnet tights. It's been repeated so many times as well in past collections, and it just seems so odd to me.

An average collection, which sadly, is good for Virginie. I admittedly could see some looks on covers, editorials, and the red carpet. But some should have just been kept in the closet. The pants on Vittoria and Mica??? The fringe skirts. Ugh. Why is it so hard for designers to edit?

Chanel, as a brand, continues to do it like no other. Once again, I was left anticipating the show, researching the location - daaaays before the collection unveiling following all those wonderful and intriguing Instagram teasers. The level of marketing is simply unbeatable and unsurpassed.

I don't see anything immediately offensive on the eye here - love the opening black jacket on Vittoria, the white alternative straight after and that pink jacket and matching skirt with contrasting black trim is so quintessential Chanel that it was love at first sight.

Her sense of proportions is just wrong. Why does nothing ever look right/fits correctly on the models? It's so frumpy and makes the models look short (I can say this because I am short). The top is always too long or the skirts always stop at an awkward length. And don't get me started on the passé styling (the long sleeve shirts under the dresses/halter tops, the fishnets, the white boots). She's trying to make her collections look "cool" but the models just end up looking like the people who hop onto styles right as such styles are fazing out.

There's no sex appeal, no humor, no elegance even. Pick a struggle.

looks like she realized she can't handle colors, so she went for BW only now

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->