• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Costume Institute Gala 2008 "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy"

You must go over the the Anna W thread. I don't know how to link it, but someone posted pictures of Bee and Anna inside. They are great. Bee is the sweet young princess to Anna's evil queen look. They are perfection in my opinion! :smile:

Mark my words, Bee is going to be a big star in the fashion industry!! :crush:

Funny comments in NY Newsday about Anna's dress...

Her futuristic couture dress - Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld - was likened to a ram's head, a Slinky, an inner ear and celestial royalty (as in "Oh my God! Princess Leia!") by commenters on gawker.com. The subtly named Wizbangpop.com declared it "one of a kind ... which is good because we don't need two of those."

And, how did I miss this slight!!?? :o :shock:

How can such a grand opening go by without designers and models wearing their wonderful evening gowns? Some of the most influencing names of thefashion world strolled down the red carpet in front of the New York Metropolitan Museum with their muses, who wore their creations. It is surprising that Karl Lagerfeld`s muse wore a Valentino dress, not a Chanel one. German supermodel Claudia Schiffer`s date was retired Italian designer Valentino, while Karl Lagerfeld displayed his affection for Kate Bosworth, who was shining in his vintage Chanel haute couture collection dress. (From Javno)

Chanel Iman looked absolutely fantastic! She's way up there with Zac & Amada on my list :wink:

Audrey Tautou is absolutely awesome! probably my fav of the night

I have not seen a piccie of Audrey yet!

I did finally see one of Gareth Pugh in his KL-inspired look. It was over at Patrick McMullen's page. I don't have an account there so I cannot get it for you all. :rolleyes:

As far as who attends, from what I understand, pretty much any big donor to the Met gets an invitation. It's a huge event, and we only see the celebrities and socialites that get photographed. It's not like the Oscars where you have to hope you're invited based on your merit at the moment. In other words, it's not that exclusive.

Yeah I have to agree, Victoria's face was really white, but I still really like the dress.

But you missed Isabeli Fontana, who was beautiful in a black Versace. I haven't seen any pictures of her in this thread.

i wonder why more people didn't wear balenciaga f/w 2008. It was so perfect for the theme.

Mark my words, Bee is going to be a big star in the fashion industry!! :crush:

Funny comments in NY Newsday about Anna's dress...

Her futuristic couture dress - Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld - was likened to a ram's head, a Slinky, an inner ear and celestial royalty (as in "Oh my God! Princess Leia!") by commenters on gawker.com. The subtly named Wizbangpop.com declared it "one of a kind ... which is good because we don't need two of those."

And, how did I miss this slight!!?? :o :shock:

How can such a grand opening go by without designers and models wearing their wonderful evening gowns? Some of the most influencing names of thefashion world strolled down the red carpet in front of the New York Metropolitan Museum with their muses, who wore their creations. It is surprising that Karl Lagerfeld`s muse wore a Valentino dress, not a Chanel one. German supermodel Claudia Schiffer`s date was retired Italian designer Valentino, while Karl Lagerfeld displayed his affection for Kate Bosworth, who was shining in his vintage Chanel haute couture collection dress. (From Javno)

princess leia! hey, i said that in this thread! :lol:

and bee looked absolutely breathtaking. :blush:

Ellen Barkin at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met in NYC May 05 2008
celebutopia

i only like christian ricci and dita's dress gorgeous too. the rest are.....:yuk:

kate b's nice too...not soo sure about the hair and the makeup though. look at them individually they're all very nice... but together with the dress..doesnt really work for me

and to the rest... where were you thinking...:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->