Do You Wear Band T-Shirts?

I have a really good collection. NIN, Death Angel, Blind Guardian, Motorhead, Switchtense, Iron Maiden,...

But my street style is a mix of 80's thrash with a modern/clean twist and some military influences. I think it suits. lol

I find sometimes band shirts are some of the most creative tshirts. Makes them much more interesting than regular shirts. Especially if they are from a band I also like.

Love my Motley Crüe shirt, but my father kinda ruined it for me by saying it looked "cool"

Yeah, I love a good band tee. I have two Spectrals tees, a Wavves one, a Best Coast one, two Arctic Monkeys ones and a Vaselines one. I also have my ex's Sonic Youth tee and two tees that he produced for his own band. I can't wear them any more because they make me sad, which is a shame because I used to live in those t-shirts and felt quite proud when wearing them. Same sort of thing goes for my Joy Division tee; I threw it out because my ex had the same one and I couldn't face wearing it again after we broke up. I regret throwing it out now because it's a pretty classic, iconic piece... however, it was never great being mistaken for some dumb hipster when I wore it.
I still want a Smiths tee and a Strokes tee, and I might buy a Yuck one if I can face having the same one as a girl who goes to college with me... hmm!

I have a really good collection. NIN, Death Angel, Blind Guardian, Motorhead, Switchtense, Iron Maiden,...

But my street style is a mix of 80's thrash with a modern/clean twist and some military influences. I think it suits. lol

what is 80's thrash please?...
i grew up in the 80's and i don't ever recall anyone calling any sort of music that was made during that period--- 'thrash' ...
i'm curious to know your perspective on this...
thanks in advance...

:flower:

i find it humorous that you call it your 'streetstyle'...
as opposed to what?...your sidewalk style? or your indoor style?...
what about just calling it your style?...period...
^_^

to be clear-
i believe the term street style only applies when referring to a group of random people wearing something in public...
not when you are referring to yourself...

what is 80's thrash please?...
i grew up in the 80's and i don't ever recall anyone calling any sort of music that was made during that period--- 'thrash' ...
i'm curious to know your perspective on this...
thanks in advance...

:flower:

i find it humorous that you call it your 'streetstyle'...
as opposed to what?...your sidewalk style? or your indoor style?...
what about just calling it your style?...period...
^_^

to be clear-
i believe the term street style only applies when referring to a group of random people wearing something in public...
not when you are referring to yourself...

This is 80's thrash metal, sometimes referred to as Bay Area Thrash Metal (but since some bands are not really from Bay Area I do prefer the first terminology:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQjLLxWKCk

It's my informal style. That's it. Better than "streetstyle" and just "style". I was referring to my "everyday" style.

I wear my Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt....to sleep. My favorite Chicago t-shirt shrunk but I would rarely wear that out. I got it at a concert and keep it but won't wear it.

I feel that most band tees, with the exception of the vintage concert tee, look childish. It always reminds me of stuff highschoolers wore to find friends who like what they like. Unless you're actually in highschool, I would refrain from the band tee. They are so common, every mall in America has a Hot Topic. You used to have to actually go to a concert to get a band tee back in the day.

I have KISS and Pink Floyd tshirts with modern or weird cuts.
Back in the 90s I collected concert tshirts but I could only find XXL sizes so I wore them to sleep until they were too ratty and torn.

I only like wearing band shirts of bands I actually listen to. The white stripes, the kills, also a good classic band shirt (stones, zepplin) is a great look, but you better be able to name some songs!

I agree with this. It looks silly wearing a Rolling Stones tee if you can't even name a few of their songs :lol:

^that is one my fashion pet peeves, don´t wear a band tshirt unless you listen to them!! :angry::lol:

Just added the latest to my (small) collection last weekend!

Got a shirt from the xx
Concert was AWESOME :mohawk:

Yes. Even though I don't deny their fashion potential, I ONLY wear t-shirts of bands I actually know and love. Call me a music snob if you want, but if there's something that irks me is seeing someone wearing a t-shirt of some band you love, saying something like "oh cool, you also like XXX?" and getting an utterly confused "uh, who?!" as an answer.

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine.

Oh yes! I wear my David Bowie, George Michael and Boy George tshirts all the time and with a great pride. My sister also has many band tees (from Bon Jovi, Mötley Crüe and Guns n Roses), sometimes I borrow the GnR ones. And now I'm really craving for Duran Duran tshirt.:D

I bought an Iron Maiden tshirt at their concert @ London´s O2 this past August. :mrgreen:
I was mad though cause all the prints I wanted were out of stock on woman small sizes :angry:

I have a ton of them. From Iron Maiden, Ramones, Mindless Self Indulgence, My Chemical Romance, P.F, and other indie bands.

Plus two tour shirts, one from the Kenny Chesney 06 and Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour ;D

Im obsessed.

Sure, I used to wear them to school or nights out with friends... but I've been wearing them less these days, at least outdoors. Mostly I just wear them around the house now.

Let's see... I have Oasis, The Verve, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (these have been passed down by my ex boyfriend lol)

Also, one of The White Stripes, and one of Mazzy Star.

I'd still like a Neil Young or Rolling Stones one. I'll probably get them if I ever stumble across some :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear band shirts all the time. I also wear shirts of my favourite local wrestling promotion. I wear some old school The Cure, NIN and David Bowie shirts, alongside many others of similar genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->