Do You Wear Band T-Shirts?

i'm going to see OMD in the fall...
as well as blondie and the kaiser chiefs...

i will def be checking and hoping they have good T's...
*fingers crossed*...

B)

I love band tees but it seems that everybody has one now.:shock:
I went to H&M last week and they're selling a lot of band t shirts,from Guns N' Roses,The Beatles,Nirvana...a lot of them...And everywhere I go I see people wearing those t-shirts.I don't know why but I find it a bit weird buying band t-shirts at H&M:rolleyes:
I have a few band t-shirts,a Led Zeppelin one that was from my mother and she gave me and others I bought in concerts.Sometimes I wear them but mostly at home.

I have loads of band tshirts. I do still wear them when the occasion calls for it. Tend to team the with a nice skirt or leather pants :smile: I think I might customise some of them though.

I also wear my boyfriends bands tshirt because I have to show my support :smile:

i love my band shirts. my favorite ones are the ones i find at goodwill like my paul mc cartney one, my ac/dc one, and my diamond rio one. i also have a few t shirts from current bands i like. i wear them all the time.

I hate band t-shirts, i don't know i tend to relate with the shy rocker guy of the class, who's really into himself, i don't know. To wear one, it would have to be a really stylish old punk style with the sex pistols in it, or the smiths, with ia british flag... or a rolling stone one... but wearing a metallica or iron maiden t-shirt, it will never happen.

I love band shirts, (but of course, only the bands I love!)

So far I have The Smiths, New York Dolls, Motley Crue, Ratt, Nine Inch Nails and my favourite and most recent one is The Cramps.

the-cramps-bad-music-for-bad-people-t-shirt-profile.jpg

I have the singlet version of that. My favourite one I own...for now ;p

credit: coolspotters.com

hey frenger!

i'm just curious...
what is your favourite song by ratt?...
and how about the new york dolls?

:P

Hey softgrey!

For Ratt my favourite would be way cool jr. by FARR! one of my favourite all time heavy metal songs. (so underrated!!)
New York Dolls My favourite would be Looking for a kiss :smile:

We seem to have similar music tastes, what are your favourites from ratt and NY Dolls?

:smile:

:lol:...
only part way...
i like the smiths and the cramps...and nin...
and the look of the dolls...
but i'm not really familiar with ratt...which is why i asked...
i figured i might learn a thing or two...

motley crue and ratt seemed kind of funny to me next to the others...
sooo heavy metal...
but i could be totally wrong since, like i said...it's not really my area of expertise...
i do like some good guitar music though...
and i had a listen to cool jr...
sounds good!...

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the other bands like the cramps, NIN and the smiths have better quality music.
Motley Crue are more of just some kick *** jams that are fun to listen to.
Ratt is a combination of both, they're pretty kick *** but I think they have some real good music.

I'm seeing Motley Crue live in about a month! So excited, and I will definitely get a new shirt :D

Love bandshirts!! But I definetely prefer them old and trashed as opposed to new and shiny :P

yeah---definitely!...
:P...

especially if they are trashed from being worn to death-
rather than some faux aging process...

:P...

i know someone who bought a ramones t-shirt from urban outfitters...
that's not very punk rock now, is it?!...
*you just KNOW that joey ramone would be rolling over in his grave if he knew that!...
:ninja:...:lol:...

I've got a few Radiohead shirts, one of the Veils, one of Japandroids but barely ever wear them. I've got a tall torso and nowadays like shirts to be a bit longer. So they don't fit the way I want (and the the Veils t-shirt is worn too often, it's gotten too short).

I only like wearing band shirts of bands I actually listen to. The white stripes, the kills, also a good classic band shirt (stones, zepplin) is a great look, but you better be able to name some songs!

^ Yes, exactly. As a journalist from the NME said, "I only wear band t-shirts when I can name all of their albums"

They're really good for casual events when you are meeting like minded people for the first time - a conversation starter at least. However, my friend's dad wears them all the time and I think he looks a little childish...

finally---
blondie had some good shirts at the show...so i got two...
:P

I do! But only ever combined with a look that sort of suits the band. I'd feel pretentious otherwise. I would never buy a shirt of a band I don't genuinely enjoy...

i love a good band tee, but i think i only actually have two...
and they're both from female singer/songwriters :P
(brandi carlile and feist - and the feist tee remains my favorite tee since the day I got it, it's deliciously soft... both were really great concert experiences for me)

i kind of wish i had more patience to wait in the lines and check things out when going to concerts but i'm going to a festival next week so i'm crossing my fingers that i can come away with something good

i definitely think that there needs to be a certain level of authenticity with concert tees...
even if you didn't get it at the actual concert it needs to be a band/artist you know and love, and the tee itself should be something you love (not just something that you're so-so about looks-wise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->