Do You Wear Band T-Shirts?

Nirvana in black and Sex Pistols in red. The latter is in laundry limbo. And I'm more into the movie t-shirt thing now.

Unfortunately being in my 20's hasn't made me get over the good old t-shirt and jeans combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was in England two weeks ago so I could finally see my these-days-favourite band Steel Panther in concert. I love them so much and I have ever travelled to see a band before and let me tell ya, it was more than totally worth it.
Of course, I also bought a t-shirt at the gig:

front:
IMG_1016.jpg

back:
IMG_1015.jpg

I'm thinking about cutting it up in a way that it's more of a girl tee, you know, but since this is the only Steel Panther shirt I own I'm worried that If I fail and it doesn't turn out so well I won't be able to wear it anymore at all. What do you think? Should I risk it?

If you're really concerned about it, why don't you take it to a professional to do it? That way you'll know it's going to be done properly.

If you're really concerned about it, why don't you take it to a professional to do it? That way you'll know it's going to be done properly.

Thank you, that is actually a really good idea, I wonder why I didn't think of that before? :innocent: :lol:
Hmm.....maybe I'll do it. The thing is I just don't want to spend more money than really necessary these days, so I'll have to see how much the professional would want for doing it. Hmm..can't be too expensive.
I'm just thinking I might as well leave the shirt as it is, though, and simply combine it with a belt whenever I wear it when I'm not at home. I don't know. Lots of people in the streets wear oversized/long shirts at the moment anyway.

isa.b.elle, yay, The Rolling Stones!!! Good girl! :P^_^

Kings of Leon and Led Zeppelin. :heart: That's all for now, I think. I don't really seek them out, but I do like band t-shirts, gives those who see you a little taste of what you like, that is assuming you actually like the band, if not...well, that's just misleading! :lol:

Then again, maybe I shouldn't talk, cause while I wouldn't wear a band t-shirt just because it's supposedly "cool", I might wear one if it simply has an awesome design/colors/fits great...I'm a sucker for visual appeal, and come on, it's a shirt, if you like the way it looks, I wouldn't worry all too much about what's on it. :wink:

I've got a Blondie, an Oasis and a Syd Barrett (Pink Floyd) one. But they're really simple. There's this site : http://www.ilovewaterloo.com/ where there are loads of pretty good t-shirts ! I think it's some young people from Argentina who do this.

I use to buy the band t-shrts from HotTopic but that was just some phase of mines.... lol

I use to own a few band t-shirts when I was about 14; I unfortunately had a Green Day and Kaiser Chiefs one. I also had a Ramones one which I wore a lot. I still have the Ramones one but I never wear it and in all honestly although I like them I've never been the biggest fan. I do like band t-shirts though and I would definitely wear them again if I liked both the artist and the t-shirt.

I know they don't make for a chic look, but I like the particularly cute shirts of music artists I like. I don't buy everything I see though.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't talk, cause while I wouldn't wear a band t-shirt just because it's supposedly "cool", I might wear one if it simply has an awesome design/colors/fits great...I'm a sucker for visual appeal, and come on, it's a shirt, if you like the way it looks, I wouldn't worry all too much about what's on it. :wink:

Of course it's only a shirt, but IMHO, you should have at least heard of the band whose t-shirt you are wearing. Just sayin. :wink:

People need to wear band shirts of bands they listen to. I asked a girl about her Queen shirt and she said, "I don't listen to them. I just thought it was cool." EPIC FAIL. :doh:

People need to wear band shirts of bands they listen to. I asked a girl about her Queen shirt and she said, "I don't listen to them. I just thought it was cool." EPIC FAIL. :doh:

Completely agree to this. Wearing a shirt with the logo of a band you don't even listen to or have never even heard of printed all over it is just vain. Like I already said in an earlier post of mine, wearing a band shirt is a statement. And believe me, I've encountered people who were laughing at me for wearing, say, a Rolling Stones or Motley Crue shirt saying "OMG, why are you weraing that shirt, those guys are ooooold!?" and I just think people like that are stupid, but whatever, I'm wearing those shirts because I love these bands and I stand up for it and everyone can see my love for them by me wearing those shirts.

I have 6 or more AC/DC shirts :smile: Also, 2 Slayer and a Rammstein one which I love!

i may have said this somewhere in this thread before...
but i make it a policy to only wear band shirts from shows that i have actually been to...

soooo...
that means i have a lot of band shirts from the 80's...
:P

my faves are elvis costello and the cars...
not just cause i like them...
but they happened to have had excellent shirts at the time...

i've been to pretenders shows and blondie shows and i'd love to wear their shirts...
but frankly, the t-shirts s*cked...
:ninja:...:lol:...

i have a keane t shirt that was designed by rag and bone!...in organic cotton...
it's SO soft...
i often wear it to sleep in...it's that soft...
^_^

I would only ever wear a band shirt if I actually liked the band. It bugs me to no end when people wear shirts of a band that they don't even like or are just pretending to like in order to look cool. Why waste money on something if you don't even like the message the band is selling? I mean, other people can read, and will assume that if your wearing the shirt then you like the band.

I don't have much of a collection of shirts, pretty much only buy shirts if I go to the concert. I have two John Mayer shirts from when I was younger and totally crushing on him. But then I realized what a jerk he is even though he creates beautiful music. So I only wear those shirts around the house now. And I have a shirt from my friends now disbanded band, Clarky Cat, which whenever I wear it people ask questions. Quite the conversation starter! :smile:

Not exactly bad tees, but my favorite tshirt is Mark Ronson's tees that I got from his gig few months ago with his autograph...since I'm his biggest fan so it means a lot to me plus the material is really soft and comfortable...

I was wondering to buy the band tees just like The Killers or smth, but since I'm not really into those kind of tees, I haven't buy one yet. maybe soon

I used to wear band t-shirts a lot in my early twenties, but I feel like my rock-chic period is behind me now, I'll be turning 28 in a few days, and I don't think I can get away with it anymore. Band t-shirts doesn't really go with the rest of my current style anymore either- a women in her late twenties wearing grey suede pumps and a bright red t-shirt with "Eels" printed on the front wouldn't really work, would it?:lol:

i have quite a few band t shirts. maybe 30.

my favourite is a ministry (the industrial/thrash band) t shirt with william s. burroughs on it.

like softgrey, i stick with bands that i've seen before.

i check ebay for large t shirts and send them off to an etsy lady that will customize them for me cheap. recently, i had a jesus and mary chain t shirt cut into a halter style for instance.

I also buy band t-shirts at concerts as souvenirs. I rarely ever wear them but I have quite a few. I have some Kings of Leon and Muse ones that I love. I have tons from my Metal days, like Kataklysm and Cannibal Corpse. My favorite one is by Carpathian Forest. I don't even like the band that much but I bought it because it has "F*CK YOU ALL!!!" written all over its back :rolleyes:

I also have two Lady Gaga t-shirts and I hate her :lol: My friend works at a record store and they often have promos where they give away T-shirts if you buy a certain product and he always gives me whatever they have left. I wear all those at home or I sleep in them, most of them are huge anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->