Dolce & Gabbana Cosmetics : Felicity Jones by Mert & Marcus

kokobombon

Reaction score
I think she looks so much better than Scarlett :heart:

Dolce & Gabbana Taps Felicity Jones
By Julie Naughton

Felicity Jones has been named as the new spokesperson for Dolce & Gabbana The Make Up.

The 28-year-old British actress, whose latest film, “Like Crazy,” won the Special Jury Prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, will begin appearing in advertising for the brand in January, said a spokesperson for Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, which produces the makeup and fragrance lines under license from Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. The first product line she will represent is the Khol Collection, which will be released in January. The image is described as portraying Jones as “an aristocratic, sauvage girl.”

In a statement, the designers said, “representing a heady mix of sensuality, confidence and beauty, Felicity Jones offers a sense of divine contradiction. Classically beautiful yet modern in attitude, her audacious gaze is impossible to ignore.”

Jones is currently in post-production on “Cheerful Weather for the Wedding,” also starring Elizabeth McGovern and expected to be released in 2012. She has finished three films and a TV movie since wrapping up “Like Crazy.”

worldmags.net via felicityfans.lj via physicalgraffiti
wwd via IAmLordZen via Mackos

Last edited by a moderator:
photoshop fails again, she doesn't look like Felicity Jones at all!

You think, guys? I think she looks a lot like herself, they didn´t mess up her eyes, nose or mouth shape. The only change I notice is that they softened her jaw line on the sides...

sauvage, huh?

why not just use 'wild'? cause it's a paradox to look aristocratic and wild?

This woman's face is godsend...lovely ad, although the red background is a little rich.

Beautiful, I'm so happy for Felicity! :heart:

And dare I say, comparing it with other brands' beauty campaigns, she does look like herself and it's actually one of the most fortunate beauty shots I've seen in a while.

Gorgeous. I don't really know what she looks like so I can't tell how much photoshop there is.

I think Felicity looks pretty good here, not very photoshopped at all. Certainly like her as the new Dolce and Gabbana girl. Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who think she looks like Hannah Murray who played Cassie on Skins? Especially in that last picture which you posted Kokobombon.

It looks cheap. I don't mean she looks cheap, actually she is gorgeous there on she single page, but join together with the page with the brand and products.

I think she looks gorgeous, but the red background is just really tacky and somehow ruins the whole campaign.

i think this is really striking :heart:

she looks beautiful, and i don't see it as too much of a photoshop fail at all

It`s beautiful to me!

I like the nail polish and the overall image is not bad just kinda meh. I could not put my finger on it until someone mentioned cheap, the image looks like a mass market ad with a festive twist, something like a holiday or Valentine campaign for Maybelline or Revlon. If that is what they were going for that's fine but this image seems like a departure from Scarlett Johansson's ads,* which I liked but have no problem with a switch. I wonder if future images will be along the same track or if they will have a more expensive vibe.

ETA:
* Not that Scarlett Johansson is "old" or anything but I also wonder if they are trying to appeal to a younger demographic by bringing on a fresher (although not necessarily much younger) face.

ETA2:
I like Felicity's look in the other images posted upthread so I am actually looking forward to seeing more images.

Last edited by a moderator:
while I'm glad they don't use scarlett anymore I wish it didn't look so tacky......the dress she's wearing looks just wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->