Dolce & Gabbana "The One" Fragrance : Gisele Bundchen

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...
no images yet...

With a new license under their belt and a brand-new women's scent on the way, designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana are determined to write a new chapter for their fragrance business.

The designers inked a license with Procter & Gamble Prestige Products in December, which took effect in July. This new scent — called The One — christens the deal, according to Gabbana.

"The One is completely diverse to everything we have done before," said Gabbana in an exclusive interview here, comparing The One to such past hits as Light Blue and Pour Homme. "We've never done a fruity fragrance, and above all, we've never done a fragrance that's not season-oriented — the only other one that is without season is Light Blue. When I worked on The One with the noses, I really concentrated on creating a fragrance that didn't have a season, that can be worn in winter and summer."

Set to launch in October in Europe and in January in the U.S., The One will be rolled out to just under 50,000 doors worldwide by mid-2007.

To push sales, a television advertising campaign has been filmed depicting model Gisele Bündchen getting prepared backstage for a fashion show, while photographers clamor to take her picture near a mirror. British hairstylist Sam McKnight, who is an ambassador for P&G's Pantene brand, is seen adjusting Bündchen's hair. Strobel said although details weren't confirmed, the television advertising campaign would be screened in the world's top 10 fragrance markets.

A print campaign, which shows a profile of Bündchen in a pair of dark sunglasses, will also be launched in up to 20 select markets. Both campaigns were shot by French photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino. Strobel wouldn't disclose the advertising budget for the fragrance, but said, "launches of this magnitude certainly require millions of dollars."

This sounds good. I always loved Gisele's campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana. I can't wait to see this!

Even though I don't rally like Dolce&Gabbana, and I don't really like Gisele, I have to say, when those 2 come together, it is a match made in heaven!

Oh man, I forgot about this. No images yet? Hmm...

Saw the ad in both the October '06 issues of Tatler and UK Elle - a two-page spread - the left-hand page shows a golden Gisele, shot from the waist up, head slightly bent back to show off that long neck, hair falling over side of face. Eye area has been airbrushed a tad too much. The right-hand page has the bottle at the bottom of the page, similar classic shape to the rest of their ranges. Overall, it's always great to see Gisele in adverts, but even as a fan, I thought this ad was good, but not great. Sorry, no access to scanner to bring the image to you!

oh i forgot to post it here.

Mini pic
dg20the20one20adqy7.jpg

moodiereport

^^ Thank you, sweetheart. I adore you, you're an absolute star!

Actually, it only has one side of it. I'm sorry, but does someone have the other?

Dolce & Gabbana Perfume

Is it Gisele Bundchen?
source is skyrock.fr

Attachments

• Dolce Gabbana.jpg
    Dolce Gabbana.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member