Dries Van Noten Shoes

Congrats, PrincessImp!

Just wanted to mention about the silver beaded shoes from a year ago ... as I recall at least two of us got them (and kept them). It's warm enough to wear them now, so I pulled them out, but they had really tarnished over the winter. It was kind of an antiquey, flea markety look ... I was considering going with it, but I missed the shine. I remembered I had a silver polishing cloth for jewelry, so pulled it out and it really did the trick!

Princess!!!
those are all fab but the beaded are my FAVE!!!!

ok...has anyone noticed the increasing scarcity of dries shoes? the same places still stock, but it seems like that stock is diminishing as each season passes, and this makes me very sad. dvn is one of the few shoe brands that i will empty out my bank account for, and i know my brands.

i wonder if it just has to do with cost...i can't imagine they make a whole lot of money in the end on creating such high-quality, long-lasting shoes that are beautifully unique but also quite particular (as in, not appealing to everyone).

the quality really is second to none. my oldest pair i've had for about four years now and even after wearing them non stop for two years they look practically brand new. and the design is so unique, so many small details that make a huge difference and really stand out without being flashy. there are always a few styles in every season that aren't my taste, but the craftsmanship can never be called into question!

agreed on what everyone says about sizing. i think it even varies style to style within a given season (probably only because of the differences between a boot or lace-up affair vs sandal, pump)...

i'm almost always a solid 35/5, in very rare instances a half size bigger will work.
anyhow i've got 2 pairs from the same s/s season, one 35 and one 35.5, and both fit perfectly. i have a pair of boots that are 36.5

the best thing to do is try on a bunch of different styles if you ever get the chance to, you will get a sense of how the fit is, i would say there's a tangible consistency to the feel and fit of dvn shoes...

cerfas - I haven't noticed Dries specifically being scarce, but I have noticed that stores are buying small quantities overall, which results in certain styles being quite scarce. In the past, more was available come sale time, but now, if you love a style, you almost have to buy it early.... otherwise you might miss out :(

mona, LOVE THOSE> especially like the zigzag in the band complimented by the darker colors on the strap. nothing to overtly bold about them which some were but instead you found the best mix of graphic and colors.

Neiman's has expanded their selection of Dries ... a few years ago they had one or two styles, and now they may have the best selection in town ... I bought my sandals there.

mona - that makes sense. i guess i just noticed one or two places that seemed to have way fewer styles than usual, but it could also just be what you said.

fashionista - thanks for the tip!

mona, those sandals you posted are lovely. the beige colour is just right for spring!
cerfas, I too feel that dvn shoes seem to be available in lower quantities this season and yea some of the styles that I see in the magazines don't seem to be available at the usual dvn stores that I frequent.

Thanks, trinity, rider, and princess.

fashionista - I forgot that NMs carries dries shoes. I always forget to check if the store near me carries them....thanks for the reminder.

^ You're welcome ... btw they are back to their old policy of only taking Amex and their own card. (For awhile there I could use my debit MC.) So you either write a check or jump through hoops ... I often don't have any checks with me, so they sent me to the mall concierge to buy a gift certificate. I had to get two gift cards because the max amount is $500 ... major PITA, but it was the only place I knew that had the sandals I wanted in black ... so remember your checkbook when you go :innocent:

Got these a while ago, :heart: the embroidery!

DSC_8163.jpg

DSC_8207.jpg

Dries Van Noten wedges (my pics)

Oh Brigadeiro, the embroidery is truly exquisite! Is the embroidery different on each side? :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously gorgeous, Brigadeiro! And I love that you posed them on Dries books!

i remember those. you really captured the colors and textures. super wedge, goes with denim really well.

so lovely Brigadeiro! I have a similar shoe from that collection, they're flats with blue embroidery in the back instead of yellow. The wedges really show off the embroidery though. enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->