Eat Right For Your Type

Belowen

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
This is an individualised eating plan for each blood type, by Dr Peter J D'Adamo. I am very interested in it, and have started my plan for blood type A today! Unfortunately for me, it seems to be the most difficult of all 4 types :lol: I was thinking of turning vegetarian, and surprisingly - I should be a vegetarian, according to this book. lol.

I'm hoping that following this plan helps me feel less sluggish, I've been feeling quite run down lately. I'm going to try it for a month, and see how I feel.

Has anyone read this book and followed these concepts? Or does anyone plan to?

I think it sounds really interesting! I wonder how they found out the right foods for your blood type though? It'd probably take a lot of research but it's interesting how they came to each conclusion. It's too bad I have no idea what my blood type is. :( Let us know how it goes and if you feel a difference!

It's all explained at the beginning of the book. :flower: Each blood type has a catagory in ancestry, and each blood type determines the way we absorb nutrients.

I've started today, and have realised that it's going to take me a lot more planning at mealtimes than I used to bother with! lol. I also realised that although I was eating a reasonably healthy diet, the majority of the things I've been eating are "poison" for my blood type. Oops! My favourite vegetables - red and green capsicum - are actually bad for me, according to this plan! And no more black tea for me. :cry:

It's too bad I have no idea what my blood type is.

Neither do I; I'd be interested in seeing what this book says for my blood type, but unfortunately I won't be able to at the moment. Anyway, it's a neat idea, and I'm curious if there's any benefit or not.

I have this book, I purchased it for my nana because she's diabetic.
She did it and she's amazing in health...

I recently found out my blood type so I'm planning on getting the book back :lol:

This has been out for years though.. roughly 7 years ago I purchased it.

I don't knnow my blood type either. How do you find out?

You can get your blood tested, I think the most typical way of doing it is when you donate blood... That's how I found out my type a few years back :flower:

I'm at day 2, and for the first time in a long time, didn't feel sick after eating the food I eat during the day at work. I also have a lot more energy, which is very very handy being the mother of a baby girl :lol:

My only complaint so far is that I was literally weak & shaking a bit with hunger this afternoon, but that was my own fault for not packing enough food to take to work, lol. I came home and devoured some spelt toast w. vegemite & some pineapple.

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap: Good on you Belowen keep at it :smile: I'll be joining you after tomorrow if not today.. I'm so tempted to just drive down to my nana's to pick up this book now :D

Thankyou! :heart:

Best of luck on your journey too, it seems a lot of people in my life are thinking about making the change and trying this out for a little while! I think once you have the motivation, it's easy. It's quite a difficult cross over for me, not only am I cutting out a lot of things like wheat flour, black tea, tomatoes & other things - I'm completely cutting out meat, as suggested. So it's a lifestyle change too, for me!

This sounds interesting, I want to check out the book when I go to the bookstore next time. I'm definitely intrigued by this, I wish both of you much success!

It's a fad diet. You may lose weight - fad diets are actually pretty good at this! But there's little evidence that blood type plays an important role in digestion or nutrition. See this article in Quackwatch:

http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/NegativeBR/d'adamo.html

There are lots of reasons to eat less meat - both for health and for the environment - but blood type really isn't one of them. The proteins found in meat exist as highly complex, folded chains of amino acids that are unfolded ("denatured") by stomach acids. This unfolding process exposes chemical bonds that are then cleaved by gastric and pancreatic proteases. The constituent amino acids are then actively transported across the small intestine and carried away by blood vessels lining the gut.

So by the time meat protein comes in contact with the blood, it has already been broken down into amino acids. And an amino acid is an amino acid, whether it came from a soy bean or a cow.

So why do we want to eat meat sparingly if the amino acids in meat protein are essentially the same as in vegetable proteins? It's the saturated fat and cholesterol that tags along with meat. However, there's no evidence that hypercholesterolemia or hyperlipidemia are at all affected by blood type.

Now there IS somewhat of an association between blood type and risk of heart attack, with type Os having a decreased risk. But this has nothing to do with how food is digested. It most likely has to do with a blood clotting factor called Von Willebrand Factor - type O seems to have less of it.

Blood type is determined by immunologic markers that sit on the exterior of red blood cells. Blood type has nothing to do with stomach acidity nor with proteases. It has nothing to do with amino acid transport. Or fat emulsification and absorption, nor carbohydrate digestion.

Bottom line - fad diets come and go; but a diet that's rich in vegetables and fruits, with whole grains and sparing in meats and saturated fats, characterized by moderation and variety is going to be the best for long term health and weight control. It's also the most delicious. ^_^

My blood type is A- no wonder I constantly have these urges to become fully vegetarian. Maybe I should.

I've heard about this before & I'm really curious but I'm not sure I believe it enough to give it a try.

I type O.

I tried a raw vegan diet and it almost killed me. LOL

I do best with organic/grass fed meats, veggies, fruit and very little to no grains.

I have always read there is no scientific evidence to back this up.
I am very skeptical.:unsure:

i have had so many naturopaths and alternative practitioners suggest this for me... i've always been really hesitant because i'm type O and a vegetarian, and the recommended eating plan for O's is lots of protein....namely red meat...:doh:

today i went to see a new naturopath....a woman that has an incredible reputation here in australia....and yet again she, like many others have, suggested i start eating more in line with the recommended foods for my blood type... most notably introducing more protein (yep it's gonna have to be red meat...but she said about 100g once a week will suffice) and cutting out all grains and dairy...

my diet is the one thing i have refused to change in the past...i eat very healthy foods and a fairly balanced diet but i LOVE food and hate having to sit at restaurants and say 'no cant have that...or that...or that' - i want to be able to ENJOY my food...not deprive myself. :P but anyway...this woman convinced me that i need to give this a try... basically she said poor digestion is at the root of a LOT of other health problems, and that particularly for women with hormone imbalances (me..:innocent:) it is KEY to re-balancing and optimising your hormonal system...

i guess i can't run from this any more...:ninja: :lol: i have always sensed that i should cut out dairy altogether...i used to be very intolerant to all dairy products but have been able, over the years, to tolerate cheeses and yogurts more... but when she said no grains and no dairy i have to admit it wasn't a shock to me... i think my body will probably love me for cutting them out.... although i'm about to start mourning cheese big time...:cry:

Bel how are you going with this eating plan?...finding it easier as time passes?...the worst part for me is having to say no to foods i love....and the other thing is, as you mentioned, having to take a lot more time to plan meals...especially when eating out (which i do a LOT....i am a big restaurant junkie...:P)

is anyone else an O and trying to eat accordingly?....i'd love to hear how you guys are doing...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well I really hope it works out better for you than it did for me, Adore! My self control failed me!

well i've done 1 day (no meat yet)...and i miss my dairy and crusty italian bread already..:lol: but i feel quite motivated by the idea that this will have such an impact on so much of the way my body functions....i have been trying to re-balance my hormones for years and nothing has really worked 100%....so as much as i hate having to restrict myself, i am quite excited about the possibility of this being another piece to the puzzle...

i don't typically have very good self control so we'll see how this goes..:innocent: though she did say that the foods on the 'avoid' list are OK to indulge in approx. once a week in small amounts....so that gives me hope...i can pick a 'dairy day'...:woot:

do you think you'll try again or was it just too hard?..:flower:

I am very interested in this and would love to know more about the theory behind how it works. I'm B negative. Are there separate diets for negative & positive, or is there just one B type diet? Belowen & adorefaith, could you please let me know wht foods are recommended for B type. Thanks.

Feline i'm O negative but i don't think there are separate food plans for positive and negative...

the list i have is a bit too much to type up right now..sorry...but i did find some useful info online for you and i'm sure if you search in google you will come up with many more great resources..:flower:

Type B Diet

For Type Bs the biggest factors in weight gain are corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts and sesame seeds. Each of these foods affect the efficiency of your metabolic process, resulting in fatigue, fluid retention, and hypoglycemia – a severe drop in blood sugar after eating a meal. When you eliminate these foods and begin eating a diet that is right for your type, you blood sugar levels should remain normal after meals. Another very common food that Type Bs should avoid is chicken. Chicken contains a Blood Type B agglutinating lectin in its muscle tissue. Although chicken is a lean meat, the issue is the power of an agglutinating lectin attacking your bloodstream and the potential for it to lead to strokes and immune disorders. Dr. D’Adamo suggests that you wean yourself away from chicken and replace them with highly beneficial foods such as goat, lamb, mutton, rabbit and venison. Other foods that encourage weight loss are green vegetables, eggs, beneficial meats, and low fat dairy. When the toxic foods are avoided and replaced with beneficial foods, Blood Type Bs are very successful in controlling their weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->