Emma Watson quits Harry Potter

alix*

coffee&tv
Reaction score
TEEN film star Emma Watson is about to do a vanishing act from Hogwarts — because the Harry Potter films have lost their magic.

The pretty 16-year-old, who plays key character Hermione Granger, wants a spell doing other roles.

She has REFUSED to sign a new contract, plunging the final two movies of the JK Rowling novels into crisis.

The feisty young actress has told producers that even doubling her pay packet to £2 million a movie won't do the trick.

Filming on the sixth film in the series — Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince — is due to start in months.

Daniel Radcliffe is already signed up to star as the quidditch-playing wizard and Rupert Grint will again play Harry's best pal Ron Weasley.

He told us: "Emma doesn't want to do it any more. She's tired of being known as ‘that girl from Harry Potter'."

She was shocked when a besotted fan stalked her at school.

Rupert added: "Daniel and I are distant from her now. We don't text or talk to her when we are not filming."

Their last film together — Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix — comes out in July.

Film makers Warner Brothers confirmed Emma, has not signed for more movies.

Source: The News of the World

Last Updated: Sunday March 18 2007 12:15 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Emma Watson not quitting Potter

_42696573_potter_416.jpg

Harry Potter actress Emma Watson is certain she will do the last two Potter movies, despite reports claiming she told film bosses she wanted to quit. A spokesperson for Warner Bros., who make the films, told Newsround: "We're extremely confident that Emma will be back for films six and seven."
And while doing interviews for the fifth potter film Emma has said she's sure she will film all seven stories.
Emma, who plays Hermione in the films, is set to sign her new contract soon.

Should JK kill off Harry? Click here to vote
All the actors appearing in the Potter movies sign contracts with the film company which agree things like how much they'll be paid.
Filming plans
_42696575_potter_2_203.jpg
Emma, Daniel and Rupert

Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry has already signed his, but the details are still being worked out for Emma's.
Warner Bros. plan to start filming the sixth story Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with Dan, Emma and Rupert Grint later this year.
And all three are also expected to make the final film The Deathly Hallows after that.

www.bbc.co.uk

Thank goodness she's not quitting, I was sooo nervous! :shock: I love anything and everything Harry Potter, and it would be terrible if they had to find another Hermione.

I was about to have a heart attack. :cry:

Good thing she isn't quitting- though I do believe that the kids don't get along well at all (just through body language and strategically answered questions in interviews), that can wait for the Harry Potter True Hollywood Story. I just want the movies at the moment!

Watson is a brainless, posh bombshell whereas I think there have been some indications that Radcliffe and Grint might be able to act. (The former gets uglier and uglier as he gets older.)

Are you kidding me? $2 million per movie?! Hell I'd sign up even if I didn't like what i was playing. That is one spoiled brat.

$2 million per movie?!

£
2 million. (Ie $3.8 million.)

I think we've already established it's not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
She'd have to be pretty stupid not to sign the contract, just like some girl who isn't signing for an 8th season of Gilmore Girls. :innocent:

glad she's not that stupid. though I wouldn't particularly miss her and her incredible eyebrow spasms if she did opt out. Nemova you sound a little bitter about GG and I'm right there with you. :lol:

Isn't it crazy when you really think about it. Emma....known universally for playing Hermione. What would your life be like? I can't even begin to fathom it. Every day, maybe for the rest of her life, she's hermione.

i just had a minor heart attack. haha. the movies definitel wouldn't be the same without their gorgeous heroine!

PrinceOfCats said:
Watson is a brainless, posh bombshell whereas I think there have been some indications that Radcliffe and Grint might be able to act. (The former gets uglier and uglier as he gets older.)

:shock: :rofl:

poor rupert, haha. but glad the first response to this thread was immediate rebuttal, i was getting a bit sad!

Ugh, I'm not a fan of hers but I agree that if she suddenly does decide not to do HP it wouldn't be the same without her.

I can't imagine how powerful the HP movies have made these kids :huh:

^ I agree. Rupert and Dan both shows sign of burgeoning talent, something I have yet to see in Emma Watson. However, the movies will not be the same without her.

Yeah, she's been developing plenty of things (I can certainly think of a couple of things :shock:) but talent is not among them...

Emma seems to have become very comfortable with the glamourous things about showbiz (free clothes from Alberta Ferretti, shoots with ElleGirl and Teen Vogue) but not that whole "work" part of it.

I totally disagree about Rupert. His two acting faces seem to be "constipated" and "super constipated".

My friends and I can spend hours mocking him and his "acting skills" :lol:

It's only prejudice that prevents the fine men and women who star in laxative commercials from having won Oscars. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: Yes, it takes years to perfect that "I desperately need to sh*t but I just can't" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->