Emma Watson is to replace Keira Knightley as the face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle?

Aretha

Reaction score
Emma Watson: Harry Potter star is the new face of Chanel

Mark Sweney
Monday June 16 2008
guardian.co.uk

Emma Watson, who plays Hermione in the Harry Potter films, is to replace the Pirates of the Caribbean actor Keira Knightley as the face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle.
Eighteen-year-old Watson has reportedly signed a two-year contract with Chanel worth £3m.
She will replace Knightley when the latter's contract with Coco Mademoiselle runs out this summer. Knightley will remain with Chanel in a new role.
Watson has already developed a close association over recent months with the luxury fashion brand, which has dressed her for film premieres and parties.
Chanel is expected to officially announce the Coco Mademoiselle deal next month.
Warner Bros, which makes the Harry Potter films, is understood to have been involved in approving the deal.
As the face of Coco Mademoiselle, Watson follows in the footsteps of Kate Moss, who was signed up for the fragrance's launch in 2001, and 23-year-old Knightley, who took over in 2007.
Last month it was reported that Audrey Tautou, star of Amelie and The Da Vinci Code, has signed up to appear in the next Chanel No 5 perfume ad, due to air in 2009.
Tautou replaces Nicole Kidman.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/16/advertising.marketingandpr?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I find her extremely pretty.....:ninja:

Ugh. First Keira and now Emma Watson. It's as if the people behind Coco Mademoiselle campaign is in my brain looking at my list of "celebs I least want to see". If they want to tap that Potter cauldron Clémence Poésy would be a much better choice.

ETA: Never mind. Just saw Street_a_licious' post. Whew.

Last edited by a moderator:
she's to young, i meen she's to youthful to be a chanel girl... and i love Keira she's perfect for Chanel!!!

We'll see what Emma is able to do...

^ I agree, Emma seems a bit too young, and especially since most of her films have been directed towards younger audiences, I don't think she's quite ready to represent Chanel. Maybe in a few years or so! ^_^

So excited to see Tautou but Emma Watson is NOT a good choice, imo. She's pretty - granted - but Chanel-material I don't think so.

Keira was only what, 21/22 when she was chosen to be the face of it? It's not like that's a whole lot older than Emma, and the fragrance is aimed at younger women anyway.

i think she is really pretty, from a marketing point of view i think this is a brilliant idea because she opens the doors for chanel to a relatively untapped market, allot of young girls look up to her and fashion houses make a great deal of money from its entry level products like coco mademoiselle. She is very classy as well, Chanel really suits her!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I find her extremely pretty.....:ninja:

She is indeed very attractive. This along with product placement in TV-series like Gossip Girl is a move by Chanel to make the brand more appealing to a younger audience rather than the typical customer who is between 40-60.

I don't think Keira was the right face either...I like when they use obscure French actresses...

maybe this is like when li-lo wore chanel to death and then she ended up being friends with uncle karl.......

but you know something,karl has really tried to aim chanel the last years in a more youthful spirit.....i mean how else does one explain the girls that don those clothes.....they're all quite young. not as young as emma or keira but certainly within that youthful realm. this,i am not surprised by at all. and at least it's emma and not some silly over-hyped olsen or lohan.

I love Emma with her wild hair for HP ... perfectly frames her face!

And i agree about Karl ... he knows very well that if the customer ages and then is no more so is the money that comes into the store .... hes always blabbled on interviews on how 14 something may go into a Chanel store and maybe not buy clothes but sure they can pick up a lipstick ....

I saw this piece of news on the local newspaper and Im quite happy with both choices ...

i'm not surprised by this rumor but i just don't see her as the face of Coco Mademoiselle :doh:

i say Audrey for Chanel No. 5 (which i'm extremely happy about:heart:) + Clémence Poésy for Coco Mademoiselle would be great :judge:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->