Keira replaces Moss as "Face of Chanel"

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
from telegraph uk
(Filed: 27/04/2006)

The actress Keira Knightley has ousted the model Kate Moss as the new "face" of Chanel's perfume, Coco Mademoiselle

It is thought that Knightley, 21, the star of Pride and Prejudice and Pirates of the Caribbean, will be paid $1 million (£559,597) for a one-year contract, starting at the end of this year.
Moss has been the "face" of Coco Mademoiselle since it was launched in 2001. A spokesman for Chanel would not comment on whether the 32-year-old's recent drugs scandal and on-off relationship with the singer and heroin addict, Pete Doherty, was behind the change.

"Chanel maintains a close relationship with Kate Moss. Keira Knightley becomes the new face of Coco Mademoiselle in 2007," Christine Dagousset, the executive vice-president of fragrance and beauty, told Women's Wear Daily. "We think Keira is the perfect woman because she is always incredibly alluring and seductive," Ms Dagousset added.

Knightley was recently placed in joint 40th position in the Sunday Times's list of the 100 Richest Young People, with an estimated worth, after tax, of £10 million.

The loss of the Chanel deal is unlikely to make a dent in Moss's income. She recently signed a £1.5 million deal with Nikon to promote a digital camera and another, thought to be worth £500,000, with Calvin Klein Jeans, which will take her earnings to an estimated £11 million for the year.

Somehow this is wrong... I'll wait until I see the ad, but Keira & Chanel? IDK...​

If fugly Ali McGraw was once the spokeperson for Chanel No5, then anyone can be a Chanel perfume spokesmodel. . . . . including Keira

Also, is this really a rumor? there is already a thread about this in Ad Campaigns

I think she'd do great, Kate has plenty of other new stuff to do. Maybe Chanel are going for a revival.

I still can't believe she was voted the most sexiest woman in the world...I know these polls are usually based on popularity...but even so, it seems a vast majority of men out there still dig a bag of bones....

Keira is absolutely stunning! Underrated actress and a beauty to boot She fits in as the New face of Chanel perfectly.B)

Gosh...That's it! I'm crossing Chanel off my shopping list. (I mean it, I crossed Guess off because I hate Paris Hilton) I can't get it. Do they have someone with more originality and not a freaking celebrity????

omg no :cry: why cant they choose another model like Morgane or Solange. They looked so cute in Chanel!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Keira seems so young..and even she'll say she's a bit tomboyish..so this is bizarre... she doesn't seem to fit with Chanel in my head... I guess we'll have to see the ads to truly judge.

Why didn't they pick Kate Moss instead, who's worked as a model her whole life? Just because of that 'cocaine' thing.. tsh.
I just don't like the sound of celebrities replacing models.

I just don't like the sound of celebrities replacing models.[/quote]

Me neither.:rolleyes: Keira and Chanel?:blink: Sounds really weird to me but i'll wait until I see the ads...:wink:

She's really beautiful in an elegant sort of way...at least in my opinion. I could see this working.

keira is beauiful, but like others have said shes not a Chanel sort of girl. for me chanel is beauty and elegance, femeninity (keira is a bit tomboyish) and i think their models should stand out and Kate Moss did just that she has the "it factor" shes not your average model and if they did want to drop kate cos of the coke stuff why not use Nicole Kidman she is ideal for chanel after Kate Moss, but i suppose it could work with Keira

Oh dear God :sick: Why do big fashion houses suddently decide to go with "flavor of the moment" actresses for models? Do they beleive they'll atract more buyers or what? First Lohan for Vuitton and now her for Chanel... This is sad people :cry:

I really don't understand why everyone is so opposed to Keira. Is it just that she is "tomboyish" or is it that she is an actress and not a model? (I'm not trying to start an argument, just curious)

I wish they would stop using celebs for this things just to get the popularity. They should be using models!

I love Keira, but she is in no way a Chanel girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->