Retro

Reaction score
Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend Split

By Tim Nudd
Thursday January 13, 2011 08:50 AM EST
keira-knightley-240.jpg

Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend
Richard Young/Startraks

Keira Knightley and Rupert Friend, whose work together on 2005's Pride & Prejudice led to a long off-screen relationship, have split up.

A source tells PEOPLE that the couple, who had shared a London home overlooking Hyde Park, quietly broke up a few months ago, shortly after Knightley bought a house in the South of France, outside Nice.

Distance and career "were both considerations," the source says. "It was time for her to move on."

Will Knightley, Keira's father, tells the British tabloid the Sun: "They were together for quite a long time, and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work."

Knightley, 25, is best known for playing Elizabeth Swann in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Friend, 29, played Prince Albert in 2009's The Young Victoria.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20457257,00.html

Oh no, I did not expect this.
They looked like a dream pair.
Well, life goes on and I cannot wate to see new exciting projects from Keira.
:heart:

Seems like old news. Haven't there been rumors of a split for sometime now? Guess its just now being confirmed...

so the rumors were true.
i liked them as a couple, both so gorgeous. their kid would've had amazing bone structure.

I have a feeling this happened awhile ago.
Probably around the time she gave that interview to the Telegraph.

^There's a link posted in her thread under Star Style.
But in the interview, the reporter claims that Keira is a 100% b*tch the whole time.

And when the reporter asks Keira about Rupert, she says some interesting things.
Maybe Rupert and Keira's problems were the reason for Keira's bad mood.

Thanks. I just read the article. That interview must have been brutal for the interviewer.

I'm shocked really. I don't know much about Keira but she never came off particularly b*tchy to me. Quiet and reclusive perhaps but not b*tchy. I sincerely hope this interview/article is just a reflection of a woman having a very bad day and not a reflection of Keira's true personality.

I have yet to hear the article, but I've heard that Keira is really easy to work with, which led me to think that she was quite nice.

i dunno. i've read an interview with Rupert ages ago and he didn't strike me as a warm person, he had this "superior" talk the whole time, so...dunno. all i remember is how i was really put off with him after reading that article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonChin88
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->