Keira 'wants to quit acting'

Well she still has 4 more movies listed to come out, so she can plan on being in the lime-light for a while longer (Pirates O.T.C., Atonement, Silk, and The Best Time of Our Lives). And I won't lie....I kinda like the girl, and I feel bad for all of these young celebrities who think they know what they're doing when they're thrust into the spotlight but really have no clue what they're getting themselves into.

Don't make a movie for two years and people would have already forgotten about her.

I always thought she was a pretty good actress, I didn't see Domino or Pirates of the Caribbean or other less-demanding type of films that she's chosen to act in but she was absolutely magnificent in Dr. Zhivago.. I was quite skeptical about her until I saw her performance in that film. :heart:

like baroquerockstar mentions, it'd be a smart move from her to go to theater for a while, she could do wonders there and hopefully get back some of the credibility she lost when she moved to Hollywood.. I'm not regular in her thread in Star Style or gossip columns but she's never struck me as the kind of actress that's starving for attention, she surely gets lots of it but IMHO, it's just the kind of attention any other young actresses with pleasant looks for the camera would get.. I think the younger, the easier targets Hollywood actors become for the papparazzi.. I don't think it gets that interesting for magazine sales to photograph Cate or Denzel simply because they're over that phase where they go out every night or experiment more with their outfits.. they're grown-ups, they lead lives that grown-up actors lead.. serious events, time out with the kids .. it's not really that 'catchy' for those who buy trashy magazines. -_-

okay,some of you are complaining about her acting when we have that dreadful sienna miller? at least the girl can act! and i thought she was pretty damn charming in "Bend it...." and P&P. haven't seen Zhivago yet but you've spoked my interest,mullet. but she's certainly so much better than alot of these overrated tweenies like la lohan.

Scott said:
okay,some of you are complaining about her acting when we have that dreadful sienna miller? at least the girl can act! and i thought she was pretty damn charming in "Bend it...." and P&P. haven't seen Zhivago yet but you've spoked my interest,mullet. but she's certainly so much better than alot of these overrated tweenies like la lohan.

I did like her in Bend it Like Beckham, she was charming and cute, but I think it's a travesty that she achieved greater fame than Parminder Nagra (who I think is one the most beautiful actresses ever, and very talented). I thought Pride & Prejudice was just okay, liked it mainly for the clothes. I disliked her completely in Love, Actually and couldn't wait for the storyline to end. I've only enjoyed Sienna in Keen Eddie and Lindsay in Mean Girls and The Parent Trap - just because there are other bad actresses doesn't mean Kiera's automatically good :wink:

I'll have to check out Dr. Zhivago. I've never seen the original, so I won't be comparing it to that, and I have a passionate love-mostly hate relationship with the book so I can blame any ill feelings on the source material.

I admit I've mostly seen her big blockbusters, and skipped the lower key stuff. It's possible she's like Kate Bosworth - bland and uninspiring in traditional roles in movies with a broader appeal, but exceptional in something a bit darker or out of the ordinary (ie Wonderland).

She meant that she doesn't want to get caught up and one day would like to quit. Doesn't mean she wants to do it now...

some of you are complaining about her acting when we have that dreadful sienna miller?
Keira is a great actress. In Pride and Prejudice & Bend it Like Beckham. She's really amazing.

Sienna is just terrible. I want to throw food at the TV when I see her on, right before I change the channel... :innocent:

I agree with previous posters - this is not a great dilemma, want to quit acting? then just do it!
I see no reason in saying to want to do it when we all know it won't actually happen..it is all publicity...

just leave her quite acting ... Thats not a big deal at all ... :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->