Keira replaces Moss as "Face of Chanel"

I think this was a poor decision, and not just because i dislike Keira as an actress. I think Chanel is risking losing its prestige image with its associations with young flavour of the week people like Mischa and Keira.
I mean, most people nowadays associate Chanel with the kids on the OC who keep flinging their bags into school lockers etc and with tabloid tools like Lohan and Paris who rush out to get the latest Chanel product if they think that will make them trendy. That can't be good for the brand. Let's face it, the idea of wearing something that is "as seen on Paris Hilton" wouldn't appeal to most of Chanel's traditional customers.

This is exactly why celebrities should not be models. Celebrities have distinct personalities, models should be seen and not heard.

I love Kiera, I really do but I don't think she's a good choice, I'd perfer LiLo actually.

Oh NO.
I HATE keira knightley.
I LOVE Kate Moss.
Keira thinks she's an actress? YEAH RIGHT. All she does is pout and look out from under her eyelashes.
Kate moss, even if she did / does dabble in drugs, is just the epitome of glamour, and is so much more special than keira knightly.
Kate is also, as said earlier, has / will always have such lasting power compared to younger celebs like keira.
EURGH.

Last edited by a moderator:
"...All she does is pout and look out from under her eyelashes...."

Absolutely!
I'm sure she will pose like that for the ad! She pretends to be sexy - I hate that!

Oh, I can't stop buying Chanel, but I won't buy Coco for sure!

When Keira opens her mouth and speaks, she gives me the creeps... her accent sounds fake.... and she's so boring too...

Young actresses attract millions of dollars of free publicity for the products they endorse. This helps sell the very expensive perfume/handbag/clothing etc. These women are photographed almost daily and their pictures (candids and red carpet) are printed around the world. What they where is scrutinzed and the labels of their clothes is often times listed with their images. Why shouldn't they be reimbursed for essentially promoting these goods. Keira is a young beautiful actress that appeals to the youth market. Kids emulate the very rich and famous and she is a good choice to attract a new crowd to Chanel. Regarding the Keira is too tomboyish comments: to the general public she isn't. She is the face of success/beauty and this forum's much-adored Kate Moss is the face of cocaine. Not the classy image Chanel wants to perpetuate.
Fashion is a business and Lohen & Hilton & Simpson will sell far, far more magazines/clothes/accessories than Daria & Gemma will.

^ why would Chanel want to attract a new adolescent crowd? They've been a rather exclusive company for ages...

amphrosyne said:
^ why would Chanel want to attract a new adolescent crowd? They've been a rather exclusive company for ages...
you mean with their wholly disposable incomes? indeed why would they...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->