Encouraging Hair Growth - How to's and Products

karen k

Reaction score
i cut my hair back in may and it just seems like its not growing at all. so i was wondering, is there anything i could do to make it grow faster?

i've seen Nioxin make a supplement thats supposedly supposed to make you rhair grow in fuller with more body faster, but i really don't think there's anyway to make it grow faster. just wait lol. lord knows i did and i had short hair.

You're going to laugh at this one... :blink: :wacko: :blush: :unsure: :innocent: But it works. Cut your hair (just a tiny bit) when the moon is not yet full. Never after this phase is over. So between new moon and full moon.

Sofia

Originally posted by ribes@Jan 21st, 2004 - 5:31 pm
You're going to laugh at this one... :blink: :wacko: :blush: :unsure: :innocent: But it works. Cut your hair (just a tiny bit) when the moon is not yet full. Never after this phase is over. So between new moon and full moon.

Sofia
Ribes, i have actually heard of that. i myself never believed it but my friend swears it's true. i might just have to try this. :flower:

Originally posted by ribes@Jan 21st, 2004 - 10:31 pm

Sofia
W H A T :woot:

There's nothing you can do to make your hair grow faster. Hair grows about 1/2" (1cm +-) per month. Full stop.

What you can do is minimize breakage, so that your hair doesn't get straggly and have to be trimmed up all the time. Make sure you get plenty of protein in your diet. If you are a vegetarian like I am, be sure to have plenty of tofu, beans, and nuts. Also, getting plenty of beta-carotene helps the hair shafts grow stronger, so don't stint on the carrots and squash.

Use a good conditioner, and I recommend a drop or two of St. Ives Anti-Frizz serum. It is very affordable, easily obtained at any drugstore or grocery, and a little goes a long ways. 5 drops was all it took back when my hair was ***-length.

Treat your hair gently--use a wide-tooth comb, avoid curling irons, hot rollers, and pressing combs if possible, minimize damaging coloring treatments and perms. Protect your hair when you go to bed, or when you go out in windy weather by tying it in a low ponytail with an elastic that does not have a metal fastener.

Your hair will not grow faster, but it will get appreciably longer, and look better overall.

Originally posted by karen k+Jan 21st, 2004 - 7:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(karen k @ Jan 21st, 2004 - 7:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ribes@Jan 21st, 2004 - 5:31 pm

Sofia
Ribes, i have actually heard of that. i myself never believed it but my friend swears it's true. i might just have to try this. :flower: [/b][/quote]
It's in the Farmer's Almanac.

and need to grow it back out as quickly as possible. unfortunately im black so my hair grows a lot slower. does anyone know if biotin is any good?

if u need your hair to grow quick why not get extensions?

I havent tried it myself..but my sister in law swears by it... she rubs avacado mixed with eggs every week and says her hair is growing out so so fast... havent tried it though.. but I do know not thinking about it helps... :smile:

You can't actually make hair grow any faster, but you can do things to make sure your new hair grows in healthier and doesn't break as easily.

The top thing I would suggest is to not chemically process your hair. The best thing to do is a wrap or a wet-set, but pressing is not too terribly bad for your hair and a good press-and-curl should hold you for a couple of weeks, so that isn't nearly so damaging as straightening your hair with a hot comb or styling it with a curling iron every morning. Granted, pressing is a heat process, but since it is pretty long lasting, it is safer in the long-run. The ladies I know who have press-and-curl hair advocate finding an older hairdresser who specializes in pressing.

Another very good thing to do is to get braids. Cornrows are best, with minimal extensions, as the extensions can put stress on your hair follicles and actually promote hairloss! :shock: Braids can be great when you're growing your hair out, though, because you don't have to comb or process your hair in any way, and a good set of cornrows should last about a month. Other braided styles with twisties or buns are also cool, though hard to sleep on! Fun for a change of pace, however, and you don't have to perm your hair first, which is a great bonus if you want to grow it out and go natural. I think the best thing about braids is that when you oil your scalp every day, the oil soaks into the braids and really conditions the bound-up hair.

In addition, make sure you eat plenty of protein (if you are a vegetarian, like I am, make sure to have plenty of legumes, tofu, tempeh, ect) and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. The beta-carotene you get from fresh produce helps promote strong hair growth.

Edited to add, yeah, I'm a white chick, but I am the only white woman in my office--all the other ladies are African-American, and let me tell you, hair is one of the favorite topics of conversation around our office (even though our actual job revolves around setting up building-code inspections!) I hear a LOT about black hair styling during the course of an average week.

Hair growth how to's and products

so, I'm desperately trying to grow my hair.My dream hair would be atleast under my shoulder-blade, they're now a bit under my shoulders. I have my natural colour in my hair, last time when I did something (other than cutting ) to my hair (I coloured it to dark brown,wasn't my colour! :sick: ), it was February, so it's been a long time. I've cutted it every six weeks, and I'm using shampoo and conditioner (Tigi's Manipulator) that my hairdresser recommended to me. I don't use any other hairproducts.any tips how could I get healthier, stonger and longer hair??

Hair growth how to's and products

I really want long hair, shoulder blade length.At the moment it's just past my shoulders. Has anyone taken any really good Hair growth vitamins or pills that have worked well for them?My hair grows so slowley and when it does look like its grown I have to trim it so I'm back to square one. I searched the net and came across some vitamins called Hair Formula 37, anyone heard of them. Check out the link and let me know what you think:

www.hair1.com/hf37/bvs_plus.htm

I find the best thing for growing hair out is to not do much to it...I know that sounds odd.

Basically what I mean is don't blow dry it, curl it or use any heat on it whatsoever, if you really must then use some protection against the heat, Neutrogena makes a good one...I can't recall the name.

Don't use too many styling products either or wear it in ponytails often.

When you do not do much to your hair then you don't damage it much so it does not need to be trimmed often. When growing my hair out I maybe get it trimmed once every six months and I never have that many split ends when they do trim it.

I take a multi-vitamin (flintstones) and a b-vitamin complex every day and after doing so for several months my hair, skin, and nails are much nicer.

I've heard biotin is very good for hair, I have some but keep forgetting to start taking it.

I have also read that sleeping on silk or satin pillowcases prevents breakage...I am planning on buying some myself.

I hope this helped.

Ingredients that encourage Hair Growth

might not encourage hair growth per se but Zink supplements should prevent hair breakage..when taken over longer periods of time. :flower:

how to grow and make your hair thicker

how do you make your hair thicker and grow it faster? mine's getting really thin =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->