Fashion Students : Share what you are working on in your Fashion Classes

Andrea.RL

Reaction score
I was looking through the please help me with my homework thread, and I started getting curious about what fashion students are currently studying. (not in general but more specifically right now) and see what is different between each school and country.

So to start, at the moment we are studying/have to present a project about jackets and outerwear, making a basic skirt in sewing class and learning how to knit, having to present our own scarf mid november (with a "fashion picture" etc)

how about you guys? :D

thats a nice thread, i was always wondering whether the others are doing the same thing.
im in my 2nd year now. we are having a free design project in regard of making a collection(the themes are "return of elegance" or "what I like"), CAD, menswear in pattern construction, and knitting, having to work in teams to create a garment. the inspiration is "layers" . there's also classes in law in design, business and design theory

In which school are you studying? :smile:
That project sounds awesome, though I'd be kind of scared, it's so vague and open! What will you be doing for the two of them (projects)?
And that's really cool you're making menswear, my school doesn't do it. Kind of a shame, I've been around it for the past 2 years, and it's really interesting. + the business side too. Always comes in handy.

Finally we got a new assignment for this week: create a small collection of fur coats. We met a guy that makes fur and the week before we had a presentation on coats and outerwear.
We also went to the museum last week to see Diane Arbus' photography. It was really interesting, we started a few theories on her with a friend.
In sewing/pattern class, we are starting a new kind of skirt, and making patchwork. I have a lot to do for monday...

o...kinda late
im studying at university of applied science in berlin. its quite unknown cause we dont appear in the unis name^^ but its awesome, so much equipment ranging from industrial knitting and sewing machines, to mac studios, screen printing rooms to photo studios. and no tuition fees.

im doing 2 outfits in our free project- a lot of shibori, silk, draping, twist and stuff like that. im doing a photoshoot soon:D. knitwear is giving me more of an headache right now....(havent started really) im procrastinating...

That's ok :-)
Wow that sounds really awesome. We have a lot of industrial machines too and macs, but the tuition is kind of high >.<

Did you learn shobori in school?? I love everything with print s and tie dye and all but besides playing around with bleach i've never tried anything else. Well actually i have a skirt to make and i use marbleing paint to make black prints on this blie fabric.

A photoshoot for school? Keep well me (us? :lol:) posted. An good luck!

I have that skirt to do plus a kilt, and a shoe collection to draw and hand in monday. I'm kind of in a rut right now. I have inspiration but i'm having trouble developping it.
Posted via Mobile Device

i didnt learn shibori at school, more or less self-taught^^ but we have print lessons next year. im really looking forward to that.
my model came to do the fitting recently. o gosh she's so pretty. i spotted her on the subway and i was so nervous when asking her. i thought i totally screwed it cause i was talking really confusing and too fast, but then she called! i was like :woot:
and she's only 15 years old :blink: but 183cm...

do you mostly have to do smaller projects or bigger ones throughout the year?

I am studying fashion design in Hong Kong and this year is actually my final year. We have our textile lessons in the first semester of Year 1(learning basic knitting technique, shibori, tie dye, foil print, transfer print......etc) and in the second semester, we are divided into two pathways which is knitwear pathway and accessories pathway.

kindkarma, does your model ask to get paid? In Hong Kong, most of the girls are like 155cm tall, so its really hard to find a girl with model body and is willing to do test shots. In our case, we have to contact those modeling agencies and pay for hiring model.

she isnt a professional model,and i think it's her first time. she'll get photos though. however we are paying for the photographer. friends of mine are also shooting, so we can divide the expenses and the effort ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn varenne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->