Fendi Sues Walmart for selling fakes

spottie

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been posted yet, if it has, mods pls delete...
Source=drudgereport.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Italian fashion group Fendi S.R.L. sued Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in U.S. federal court on Friday, accusing the world's largest retailer of selling counterfeit handbags and passing them off as genuine at its Sam's Club warehouse stores.
Sam's Club stores in California, New York, Florida and other states sold knock off handbags, wallets and key chains that were identified as "genuine" Fendi products, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.
The suit by Fendi said that Wal-Mart has never purchased its products and never asked Fendi if any of the items bearing its trademark were genuine.
Fendi products are typically sold at high-end department stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States and Fendi boutiques all over the world.

Wal-Mart said late on Friday that it had not seen the complaint and therefore could not comment.
In one example cited in the lawsuit, a black handbag bearing Fendi's trademark logo was offered for sale in a Sam's Club store in Miami for $508.25, 45 percent less than the retail price of $930 for a genuine Fendi bag.
Fendi, a unit of French luxury goods maker LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton said in the suit that Wal-Mart has made millions of dollars selling the counterfeit goods.
Fendi is seeking unspecified damages and asked that the handbags and other illegal Fendi merchandise be destroyed.
Wal-Mart is based in Bentonville, Ark.
Sam's Club stores, which sell everything from bulk groceries to office supplies, recently said it would r*tchet up competition with rival Costco Wholesale Corp. by selling more luxury goods like fine wines and diamonds.
© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

you know I do remember a few years back also that costco (or cosco or however you spell it) was selling LV in their stores! Someone on a website had taken a pic of the stuff- and it had HANGTAGS!! Dead giveaway of a FAKE! LOL!!
I also remember a couple of years ago another discount store was in trouble for selling fake Prada. anyone remember which store that was?

It's amazing how exact some of the fakes are, that places like Wal-Mart can actually pass them off....

I don't know about costco, but some folks (sorry don't remember where I heard this) have said that Bluefly has had complaints filed against them for selling fake bags with some state's DA.

libby_bee said:
you know I do remember a few years back also that costco (or cosco or however you spell it) was selling LV in their stores! Someone on a website had taken a pic of the stuff- and it had HANGTAGS!! Dead giveaway of a FAKE! LOL!!
I also remember a couple of years ago another discount store was in trouble for selling fake Prada. anyone remember which store that was?

It's amazing how exact some of the fakes are, that places like Wal-Mart can actually pass them off....
i know... there's a sams club near me that has prada and fendi... i can't tell if they're the real deal or not!

i just thought they were older discontinued styles...most of what they have is the fendi zucchino canvas and black nylon from prada etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
brian said:
i know... there's a sams club near me that has prada and fendi... i can't tell if they're the real deal or not!

i just thought they were older discontinued styles...most of what they have is the fendi zucchino canvas and black nylon from prada etc.....

I can hardly imagine them having real LV because LV does not discount anything or sell to discount places at all - only sold at LV boutiques or on elux
It's got to be fake. If it's not, then they have changed their policies at LVMH!

I remember being at Sam's club a long time ago in Puerto Rico and I saw this awesome Fendi for so cheap...

oh dear god.

spottie said:
I don't know about costco, but some folks (sorry don't remember where I heard this) have said that Bluefly has had complaints filed against them for selling fake bags with some state's DA.

Yeah! And online too.. I can't wait until the story explodes in the media or something... They were/are selling OBVIOUSLY FAKE b bags, ughhh it's horrible! :ninja:

And a big EWWWW to Walmart. They should have known better. :yuk:

hahaha!!!! oH SNAP! this is so sweet! i cant wait until i see this on the news!

it's about time! next should be walmart metro 7's version of the spy that doesn't bear the fendi logo, but the exact same "spy design". i believe they called it "detective bag" and credited the stylishness of the bag on WWD to a "creative team that knows what fashionable young people want"

puke!@!

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw fendi and prada bags the other day at sam's! i need to go again and see if they still have them... i remember on an episode of oprah.. she went to costco.. and there was a display case with a louis vuitton sac a dos on it... couldnt really see it .. but i knew it was lv...

EXCELLENT! Let's hope that this is just the start of a MAJOR shake-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->