Flight of the Conchords (comedy duo & TV series)

Diamond Star

Reaction score
Flight of the Conchords is an American television sitcom that follows the adventures of the Flight of the Conchords, a folk duo from New Zealand, as its members seek fame and success in New York City. The show portrays a fictionalized version of the real-life duo, Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, who play themselves. Though in reality Clement and McKenzie are a comedy duo and perform music parodies, their characters within the series take themselves and their music seriously.-Wikipedia.org.uk

Funny, well acted and written, with great songs, anyone else seen it/love it? ^_^

conchords460.jpg

{guardian.co.uk}

Last edited by a moderator:
dude i am obsessed with this show!! I listen to the songs all the time!

I've actually downloaded this show but haven't got round to watching it yet. Thanks for the reminder! :lol:

It's one of my favorite shows. I'm excited for the second season to start!

I watched them late on comdety central once and since then Ive been hooked yesterday I found out they had an HBO show so Ive been watching that one the cable freezone. It was great! so funny but not to overdone either- notice my signature :wink:

Thank you for the thread, Diamond Star!

"If You're Into it" is just an amazing song. Hands down.

Every guy should learn it. It would sweep me off of my feet personally. ^_^

I LOOOVE this show. The one with David Bowie solidified my love. I can't stop listening to Business Time, I love the line " Team Building Exercise '99". Great stuff.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER. Can't wait for series two.

I want a t-shirt with "It's business time" on the front and "Cause two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven" on the back.

I also want an album so I can put it on my iPod.

I read this interview about the guy who plays Murray and he said that people come up to him and seriously don't believe NZ is a real country and that their accents are just made up. Now I don't know every single country in the world but come on look it up.

They do have a small EP called "The Distant Future." :flower:

I want a t-shirt with "It's business time" on the front and "Cause two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven" on the back.

Hook me up if you find it! :woot:

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER. Can't wait for series two.

I read this interview about the guy who plays Murray and he said that people come up to him and seriously don't believe NZ is a real country and that their accents are just made up. Now I don't know every single country in the world but come on look it up.

I love how they play off of this in the show, with the comments about them being English, etc.

Actually I lied. :ermm:

They have 2 CDs out. One is "Folk the World Tour" with random acts from random shows put together on one CD. Fairly good. ^_^

Another is the BBC Radio Series with 5 discs. (I hear it's pretty rare, but eBay seems to be selling them.)

Nice signature, chaneladdict! :lol:

This thread should have more fans in it! :judge: COME ON, people!

Flight of the Conchords Debut Due in April
December 13, 2007

They play marginally talented singer/songwriters on their runaway hit HBO series, but Flight of the Conchords members Jermaine Clement and Bret McKenzie put in extensive time in the studio to perfect their self-titled Sub Pop debut, due April 22.

All the tracks have appeared on the show, but Sub Pop A&R honcho Tony Kiewel tells Billboard they've been "massively reworked and totally re-arranged." The synth-pop parody "Inner City Pressure" is likely to be the first single, and the label is now selecting 10 or 12 songs from a possible 15 to form the track list.

"The idea is to find a tiny window of opportunity to get the band available to do stuff in between writing and shooting" the second season of the HBO show, Kiewel says of the Conchords' busy schedule. "They're involved in every aspect of the show's production."

Last week, the group's debut EP, "The Distant Future," received a Grammy nomination for best comedy album. But the easy-going Clement admitted to Billboard in August that he was a bit baffled to find himself at the center of all this attention. "Sometimes I'm really surprised I ended up being a performer," he said. "In a lot of ways, I've got a job that doesn't suit me. I'm not a particularly social person or the life of the party, but somehow it's ended up that way."
billboard.com

Ah I never saw this thread before. I love Jemaine, he cracks me up :D

an album wow! I still want the DVD for the show 30bucks is a bit much though
My favorite is the Mutha Ucka song I never laughed outloud at a show this silly before..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->