Flight of the Conchords (comedy duo & TV series)

I read this interview about the guy who plays Murray and he said that people come up to him and seriously don't believe NZ is a real country and that their accents are just made up. Now I don't know every single country in the world but come on look it up.
I am from NZ and I once visited New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, and they have this dvd on how hard it is to market our country and there is a segment where they ask people on the street in America and Europe where NZ is and it was hilarious.

"Isn't it in Eastern Europe?"
"Is it part of Australia?"
And most of all "I have no idea!"

btw I have seen Jermaine twice in the city:innocent:

^ LMAO, baguette is my favorite. i love this show, it's really witty and the songs are awesome.

I bought the Season 1 DVD and I am in love with it already! :wub:

I had to watch the episodes with "If You're Into it" and "Business Time" FIRST, and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Good hearty laughs, but not rolling on the floor hysterics.

Isn't it? :lol: I love it. Which episode did you watch?

Don't forget to buy the FotC album on Tuesday! :flower:

1. "Foux du Fafa" (2:47)
  2. "Inner City Pressure" (3:27) :lol:
  3. "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" (2:09)
  4. "Think About It" (3:15)
  5. "Ladies of the World" (3:57)
  6. "Mutha'uckas" (2:27) :heart::rofl:
  7. "The Prince of Parties" (1:49)
  8. "Leggy Blonde" (2:42)
  9. "Robots" (3:43)
  10. "Boom" (2:18)
  11. "A Kiss Is Not a Contract" (1:55)
  12. "The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)" (4:02)
  13. "Business Time" (4:05) :cool:
  14. "Bowie" (3:16)
  15. "Au Revoir" (0:22)
  16. "Bret, You've Got It Going On" (iTunes Pre-order bonus track)
Most of these songs have appeared on episodes already.

Isn't it? :lol: I love it. Which episode did you watch?

Now I've seen the whole first season (on DVD)! Preferred the first 6 to the last 6, but I'm definitely Conchord-addicted now. :wub:

I confess that I have a bit of a crush on Bret too. He's so adorable. :crush:

387c51e7.jpg

source: lilpieceofbrety @ livejournal

And here they are performing the song about David Bowie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2L98gobTQ

:heart::heart::heart:

Both these guys are oh-so good looking! But yes Umbrella, Bret is the cuter one of the duo! ^_^

Conchords bigger than the mighty Finn

Conchords230.jpg

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie are in a bigger New York venue than Neil Finn. Photo / Mark Mitchell

Neil Finn appeared on one of the Flight of the Conchords' first recordings.
Now, the Wellington duo have overtaken New Zealand's musical royalty in the popularity stakes.

The Conchords have soared to No 3 on the United States pop charts with their first album.

It sold 52,000 copies in the week ended April 27, says tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan.

That chart performance sets a record for a New Zealand act, surpassing the No 12 peak for Crowded House's first album in 1986.

Crowded House founder Finn had a guest role on the Conchords' 2005 six-part BBC Radio series, before their American HBO television show.

The duo's manager, Murray, pestered Finn for advice for the struggling musicians in an episode called Neil Finn saves the day.

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie have cult status in the US because of their television show.

But now they have graduated to stardom - their album outsold US pop starlet Ashlee Simpson.

Many of the songs on Flight of the Conchords featured on their television show, a comedy series set in New York.

This year, the Conchords won the comedy Grammy for the EP The Distant Future, which reached No 116 on the Billboard 200 chart.

NME magazine said the duo caused a "Beatles-like frenzy" when they performed in Los Angeles a week ago.

Hundreds of screaming fans had to be turned away, and the crowd rivalled that for Paul McCartney, who played at the same venue last year.

Crowded House and the Conchords will cross paths in New York where both groups are on tour - but it seems the Wellington pair are the bigger drawcard.

Crowded House finished its three-night run in the Big Apple at the 900-seat Fillmore at Irving Plaza last night.

Clement and McKenzie play two nights at the 1500-seat Town Hall Theater next week.

www.nzherald.co.nz

--------

Good for them. I'm so gutted that I will miss their concert as I'm going to be in NZ the following week. BOO.

Nope, sorry but Bret should always have facial hair! :lol:

Has anyone bought the new CD? :buzz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->