Galliano by John Galliano

Does Galliano line will on Paris/London or Milano Fashion Week schedule?

Who knows?

Does it only womenswear forever, or will add menswear next season ?

I guess that Galliano won't be on the catwalk...like diffusion lines from other designer (C'n'C or Gff Ferrè).
I don't know if there will be a mens line...but i don't think so

noahman12345 said:
I thought galliano worked on 3 lines dior homme/christian dior /and galliano

a bit off, Hedi Slimane does(did?) Dior Homme.

Galliano is responsible for John Galliano, John Galliano Homme, Dior RTW, and Dior Haute Couture.

Including this diffusion makes 5, but it's probably handled by assitants.

Mutterlein said:
Including this diffusion makes 5, but it's probably handled by assitants.

Yes, surely, but poor assistants, I can hardly imagine how complicate it is to put a picture of him on a white t-shirt, and then write "Galliano" i n gothic letters just above :rolleyes:

Does Galliano have a compulsive problem concerning logos? I mean... Dior, and then his brand? Can you seriously imagine someone dressed from head to toe in Dior or in Galliano without looking I) ridiculous II) a wannabe III) a sl*t?

I actually like alot of this, and a cute SA told me about this line over the phone some months ago, they're getting it in in April. Mainline is ridicilously overpriced, hope the prices will be better.. Some of it is too plain though. Have to see it IRL.

Edit: It seems like not so many stores is getting this in. I'm not sure if it's because they want it to be "limited" or just low interest.. And it's insane how many lines John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld does. No wonder it's all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gone hunting for this article from UK 'The Sunday Times' Style section, 25th Feb '07. I don't have a scanner so can't scan the pics, but I'm sure I've seen them elsewhere? Have to say that I love :heart:

To give an idea of prices, the pics were - leather biker jacket with heart and dagger motif £743 - Denim jacket £319 - Printed minidress £264 - baby-doll dress £278 - leather and chain belt £70.

In England, the line is available from Harrods (020 7730 1234) and Browns (020 7514 0000)

People get it all wrong about John Galliano. They look at his high-fantasy couture for Christian Dior - all exaggerated attitude, outrageous scale and Mad Max styling - and assume that he's on a different planet, far removed from the needs of the high street. In fact, he's as much a businessman as a creator, and is totally swiched on to the realities of selling fashion at all prices. So the only question is, why has it taken him so long to launch a second line for his own-name label? At least, it is for those who don't know Galliano, a man who doesn't make a move until he can guarantee that everything is ready and in place. "One of the many things I've learnt at Dior is the danger of dodgy liaisons with licensees," he says. "Second lines are no longer just something you put your name on and forget."

Not only do the clothes need to be manufactured to a high standard (the label is made in Italy by Ittierre, although many of the elements are manufactured in the Far East), selling points and advertising have to be in place well before the clothers are delivered. Galliano has more than 500 outlets across the world, including 65 in Russia - "in places they don't have pavements" - 25 in France and 200 in Italy. The clothes are young and very rock'n'roll, with lots of denim and romantic frills, reflecting the fact that fashion retailing has changed. With chains such and H&M producing cute little dresses to be worn a few times, then forgotten - as they can be when priced at £40 - all designers are having to fight back by fixing prices at affordable levels while playing their trump card of a brand to dream of. After all, which would you rather buy, a Galliano or a high-street label? With T-shirts starting at about £50 and dresses at £200, there's no real competition.

And, of course, you don't need to buy the complete range. Galliano is one of the few designers who doesn't worry about his clothing being mixed with other labels, which is why he loves Kate Moss so much. "Galliano is very Katey," he says. "More Glastonbury than Glyndebourne. My T-shirts would look great splattered with mud and worn with Katey-style wellies, knee-deep in squelch. There's much less brand loyalty today. Kids are so educated about fashion. They know everything. They don't want to be told how to wear clothes."

To capture the young audience, Galliano has taken a new approach to advertising. "I wanted to bring back the Galliano image, show how the inspiration can work for the customer. There are too many bland images in advertising, doing nothing but pushing the image of the brand. I wanted something to sing off the pages. I talked to Monsieur Arnault [the CEO of Christian Dior] and he said, 'Do you want to be rich or to really go for it?' So, we've gone for it.

Invited to guest-edit the Christmas issue of French Vogue, Galliano worked with the make-up artist Julien d'Y, a man he calls "a visionary, who so totally understood what was going on in my head that I had to have him to do the advertising campaign with me. I was screaming with joy at the way he got everything about Joan of Arc, Egon Schiele, the Marchesa Casati and all my influences". For Galliano, it was a collaboration made in heaven. "It was too divine," he enthuses. "We went for a low-tech approach, using natural light to create a sort of oriental, Moroccan setting. It was just a rail of clothes and very few props: a huge tin bath, a circus knife-thrower's circle and a merry-go-round horse." Cal this simple? Well, we are talking Galliano here. "It all came out so young and organic. I loved it. Julien's mother was cooking us this delicious peasant soup. I even switched off my phone."

Last edited by a moderator:
Womanolo said:
To give an idea of prices, the pics were - leather biker jacket with heart and dagger motif £743 - Denim jacket £319 - Printed minidress £264 - baby-doll dress £278 - leather and chain belt £70.

Are you sure those prices are from the diffusion line :shock:

Galliano is such a harpy!! I want to splurge on his diffusion line so bad.....

does anyone know how many collections there have been for this line? and does galliano by john galliano do menswear?

well........... diffusion line or no difussion line,
I snagged a pair (two as a matter of fact, one for my brother) of a black pointy toed Galliano Mens shoes sor $69 (us) dollars at a dicount store a week ago, very well made aND VERY COMFORTABLE..... more comfortable than a lot of shoes i have that i paid wayyyyyyy more money for........

feel good , as this is probably the only thing by him that i could wear

^ zamb, did you buy the shoes in NY? Where are they selling it? Thanks! :flower:

TheKiwi said:
^ zamb, did you buy the shoes in NY? Where are they selling it? Thanks! :flower:

yes, i bought them at Daffy's @ atlantic terminal in BKLYN.

they were also at herald square @ 34th st.

not sure if they have any more,
what you can do is call their main office and give them the shoe sales code ( i will PM you with it at lunch today) and they will tell you if they have more and at what location.............................

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->