John Galliano S/S 2012 Paris

If I was a real fashion lover or a Galliano fan, I wouldnt assist to this show. Man, no wonder they say fashion is hypocrite and such a btch.

Beyond the make.up and the hair and all that, the whole idea of trying to fill a void and achieve the vision of someone who hasnt lost it, who is alive and has a lot to offer and so much better than this it's just awful.

Galliano must be wanting to gas himself.
This is wrong.

I think a lot of the comments posted so far are unnecessarily dramatic. Its not a disaster of a collection like some have made out. Under very trying circumstances, this man has put together a good collection and perhaps it might not stand up to the standard of Galliano, we seem to be forgetting that he's not John Galliano. He is doing what he's required to do.

I :heart: the dresses on Alina and Jourdan...but everything else just doesn't work...and it's a shame...I'm sure John has given his approval to Bill and has faith in him...that gives me some peace (hopefully) :cry:

Everyone is being so over-dramatic about this collection. I thought that it was going to be 10 times worse and boring from the comments I've been reading. I believe that Gaytten put in a lot of effort to try to stick to the Galliano look. Obviously, it wasn't going to be a Galliano collection, and to expect that of Gaytten is moronic; it's like expecting Sarah Burton to create the same quality of clothing as McQueen did. It just wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking more dramatic make-up and a more fun runway would have made this show really good. The clothes themselves weren't ugly, if anything, some of the pieces were really nice, and to think that it was hideous or horrible is just ignorant, pretentious, and plain stupid.
I agree with you. It's obvious that people are just hating simply because Galliano's no longer around. And some of the pieces really do look like Galliano's work. Anything that Gaytten puts out does not have to look Galliano's recent work. For example, this dress resembles some of Galliano's work from the 90s.

Why is this brand being kept alive? I mean its Galliano's namesake and to keep it alive when the guy is still around just doesn't make sense.

I agree with you. It's obvious that people are just hating simply because Galliano's no longer around. And some of the pieces really do look like Galliano's work. Anything that Gaytten puts out does not have to look Galliano's recent work. For example, this dress resembles some of Galliano's work from the 90s.

John Galliano is still alive and this is his namesake label, i think that's the point everyone is trying to get-at.

For me, after two really incredible seasons (Fall/Winter 2011 and Spring/Summer 2011), both of which received a lot of praise, my curiosity is so peaked as to what John himself would have done as a follow up. Of course the world will never know, but I really don't think people are being "over dramatic." It's a creative let down to see something like this. At least w/ Burton @ McQueen the "McQueen DNA" is still there, just altered. Sadly, this just doesn't have the Galliano DNA...just because we have sheer dresses and cute ruffles and hats doesn't make it a Galliano collection. I think people would be just as harsh, if not more, if John designed this, but who is to say? Some of the dresses towards the end remind me so much S/S 2004 (Baby Doll Collection) and then I see a little bit of SS '11., etc., but they feel like knockoffs, imitations so to speak, and not the real thing...
Does Giuseppe Zanotti do the shoes for Galliano? B/c. those chunky heels with the crystals look like carbon copies of the crystal chunk heel by Zanotti!

The daywear is not Galliano at all.
The eveningwear is closer to Galliano.

It's an average collection.

I'm very disappointed in the makeup and hair. This is so basic.
The last few dresses do seem to be Galliano-ish but the rest is just meh.
What a shame.

I like the collection, less theatrics more style.

They could at least bring John back to Galliano!!

What a strange collection. It starts off all very staid and straight laced and then there is a selection of what could only be called sheer, fancy night gowns.
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me and it isn't very original, and not much good either.

I cannot fathom how someone, how a whole team of someones I presume, who worked so closely with Galliano for any significant length of time could come out of it having absorbed so little of his genius and skill. The eye for detail, for fit, for shape, for color...it's all so severely lacking.

Why don't they just finnish this off? His brand was in the last years, even with Galliano in charge totally irrelevant.

I simply do not get this, you fire a designer and rightly so, because he created a disgusting reputation, but at the same time the company decides to continue with a brand that bears the exact name of that same designer, presumedly because they think they will profit from the connection. Hypocrite or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->