John Galliano S/S 2011 Paris

This is looking great so far! And I can't help but love the hair as usual :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures in the beginning are for everybody to see the collection for the first time. HQs and better pictures get uploaded later on in the thread, so even if these get deleted it's not a problem, is it.

Yes it IS a problem. See the link below for more information and please take this into consideration the next time you post pictures. As you could tell from some of the reactions here in this thread, not everybody was able to see the pictures because you hotlinked to nowfashion.com.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=2907890&postcount=2

I feel like Galliano has more fun under his own label than he does with Dior. The midnight blue dress is beautiful.

I agree, I think he is too constricted at Dior and his true talent comes out with his label - more freedom to experiment perhaps. either way, I like this a lot so far. can't wait for HQs

There are a few nice pieces in here. I feel like there's nothing to tie this collection together and he just threw a bunch of random things together to make it look "different". I don't see Galliano's usual level of innovation here.
Most of it is either just dull or absurd (the brightly-colored looks). Take away the outlandish makeup and the ludicrous poses at the end of the runway, and what's left?
If this were the collection of a lesser-known label, people here would be saying that this is so "boring".
Can't wait for Chanel on Tuesday!

I'm desperately in love withe the butterfly pyjama pants in post #12.

Well first off ... the venue is so much better than the recent ones. I was not liking the bubbles and smokes and stuff. It was too distracting.

Secondly, this looks like old Dior-lite which is not bad. It feels closer to him, but somehow something is still lacking in this. Maybe it's the less usage of cross referencing which he was a genius at or maybe lack in interesting cuts ..... maybe both ? Either way, it's missing some magic !!! John Galliano is very responsible for making me dream and all I am doing is snoring.

Well first off ... the venue is so much better than the recent ones. I was not liking the bubbles and smokes and stuff. It was too distracting.

Secondly, this looks like old Dior-lite which is not bad. It feels closer to him, but somehow something is still lacking in this. Maybe it's the less usage of cross referencing which he was a genius at or maybe lack in interesting cuts ..... maybe both ? Either way, it's missing some magic !!! John Galliano is very responsible for making me dream and all I am doing is snoring.

From what I remember Salvatore you and I are die hard pre 2006 Galliano fans, and I think we can both agree he has rarely if ever recreated the same magic in his shows since then. People argue he is too restricted at Dior which I dare say is a little true but some of his best shows (a/w couture 2003 s/s couture 2004, s/s rtw 2004) have been at Dior. But the fact he has almost totally free reign at his eponymous line demonstrates that something has gone wrong with Galliano as they are still totally lacking that special Galliano magic. Even his end poses have become far less referenced and much more literal - case in point a sailor at dior where as a/w 2003 he wore a suit with a pelt, which referenced but didn't rein-act.

Saying that this collection, on Gallianos new terms at least has bettered his previous few offerings, and god bless the return of whimsical inappropriate props on the runway.

From what I remember Salvatore you and I are die hard pre 2006 Galliano fans, and I think we can both agree he has rarely if ever recreated the same magic in his shows since then. People argue he is too restricted at Dior which I dare say is a little true but some of his best shows (a/w couture 2003 s/s couture 2004, s/s rtw 2004) have been at Dior. But the fact he has almost totally free reign at his eponymous line demonstrates that something has gone wrong with Galliano as they are still totally lacking that special Galliano magic. Even his end poses have become far less referenced and much more literal - case in point a sailor at dior where as a/w 2003 he wore a suit with a pelt, which referenced but didn't rein-act.

Saying that this collection, on Gallianos new terms at least has bettered his previous few offerings, and god bless the return of whimsical inappropriate props on the runway.

Absolutely ! I am definitely a Pre-2006 Galliano hardcore fan. His collections for Dior are far far more memorable than at his own label. It could have been the backing of LVMH, but it's impossible to say. Galliano did make some nice collections for his own label like FW 2003, though.

I just cannot understand what's going. Recently, Galliano has been looking somewhat ill and I am wondering if he has some health troubles that have influenced the lack of vitality in his collections. They just seemed so contrived. I hope he gets back to cutting like he did !

This collection is like John. And it's beautiful. I love the balance between romance and fun. It's like romantic comedy with a little drama.

I'm not feeling it actually,sure it's another great Galliano crazy style collection but I feel like there's not depth in it...what was the inspiration for this show?
Coco's whole outfit and poses stuff is beyond terrible :rofl:

OMG i ADORE Galliano!!!! And yet again he dosent disappoint ^.^
The collection is so beautiful! I LOVE those red shoes! Gorgeous how he makes a story i love the make up and the hair... everything and everytime he makes a dreamy collection! My heart skips a beat looking at his clothes! ^.^ <3
Thank you again John!

Most of it is either just dull or absurd (the brightly-colored looks). Take away the outlandish makeup and the ludicrous poses at the end of the runway, and what's left?
If this were the collection of a lesser-known label, people here would be saying that this is so "boring".
Can't wait for Chanel on Tuesday!

Haha, I think this is anything but boring - John Galliano or not. The shoes are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->