Givenchy F/W 2024.25 Paris

Girl you always drag Carine for no reason. Just let her breath (and secure her bag) already :rofl:.
Ahahaha!
But I don’t drag her for no reason though. My issue with Carine is the lack of standards!
She is a legend already. Her contribution to the world of fashion is unmatched and yet she allows herself to work almost like an amateur.
I love Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele for that reason. Also a legend! She has standards. When Carlyne is involved, you get top styling, top photographers, top models.

Even Emmanuelle has standards. Her work is what it is, very boring and conventional but nothing to ashamed of since she left Vogue.

Carine’s work post-VP has been very lackluster. She is collecting the money but we want to be enthusiastic about it!

i wanna rip those bow tie knot things off! drab collection.

vauthier needs a paycheck. give it to him!

iono about claire. i didn't care for her work at AM, so i'm iffy on what she can do outside of that universe.

The new Lanvin 💀 From top to bottom in a few years

Probably not like lanvin, they were way bigger than lanvin ever was in their better years. Until now im sure their logo tees, boots and perfumes are selling

KJ at Giv makes sense bc Giv has always been LVMHs like runner up brand. Only w Ric was it actually fashionable.

I think we shouls go ahead and hang up theysken and haider. We cant want more for them than they want for themselves.

Why would you want Kim Jones at Givenchy when he's already terrorizing Fendi?? He should be on a hiatus like Riccardo

This really isn't that bad. It's definitely chic and it's got that air of rich-b*tch about it. It's just devoid of identity. But who needs identity when your name can carry the sales all on its own?

Also, I'm probably late to the party, but I suspect houses like Givenchy only use the runway to reinforce their already existing prestige. They don't NEED particularly impressive collections. They just need vaguely luxurious looking pieces to keep driving the sales of fragrances, handbags, and accessories.

Everything looks ill fitting, the styling is atrocious. A good stylist would do better job just styling archive pieces. Not sure why they keep calling Carine when she has nothing to say creatively.

There's some good tailoring here and I understand or it feels like they need to go back to a certain regal lady like look which is the code of the house but will this sell? it looks great.

i said KJ at giv because then he wouldnt be at a house with a neccessarily meaninful heritage

i feel like they are either waiting for somones non compete to end or just sick and tired of the brand.

just fuels my belief that they're waiting for sarah

stopp ill start believing it too and will be disappointed once they hire someone else 🤣 She is the perfect successor to Tisci's Givenchy and we will forget that everyone else in between happened if they do hire her.

just fuels my belief that they're waiting for sarah
I think so too.
The brand doesn’t seem to be on LVMH rather that much anyway. I suspect it kinda sells itself and the collections by the studio are not hurting the brand image anyway.

There are enough free agents people around and an announcement could have been made since January.

Bernard Arnault declared that all the brands are profitable at his Assemblées Générales. So, I guess they are more focused on pushing the super champions!

I hope, if they get her, that they will give her a 5 year contract. Givenchy can’t handle another 3 year era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->