Givenchy Mens S/S 2016 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Givenchy-Menswear-SS16-Paris-7650-1435344446-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

I kind of love the women's looks.

The men's stuff is very him. It's a style at this point, and Tisci's basically put himself in the position of being able to rearrange the various components of his style each season for a slightly different effect without actually changing radically. Yeah, it can get boring, but anyway, that's men's fashion in a nutshell. It evolves at a snail's pace, and every blue moon something shifts in a perceptible way.

I do love those chain "pinstripes" though. That's a pretty fun detail.

I love the feeling of this collection.
The men's clothes were great but the girls, gosh it was amazing! The details are really impressive.

The stocking shoes, Balenciaga, anyone :lol:? It was a good collection. The details on womenswear are amazing, despite being nothing new. I love the menswear.

The Jesus on the crotch will get the collection some attention. I prefer the girls looks. Not a bad collection overall though.

The women's is haute couture. At this point I'm so tired of Tisci I can't really judge this.

I don't even know why I clicked on this but the women's looks are surprisingly good and better than anything he's shown recently... I guess it is same old same old with him but when you look at all these recycled themes and elements and when he still crafts something desirable out of these ideas, can we blame him for exploring a territory he's clearly very interested in?. I'm not sure how I feel about the menswear stuff, which is sad because this is the menswear show (btw aren't guys getting tired that some mens shows become more and more womenswear each season? :ninja:), I like the palette but many of the actual pieces feel so useless... who would want something so graphic and so utterly trendy even you are so fed up with your item after 10 hours of wearing it...

I still think he does the ***** aesthetic infinitely better than anyone that's tried to go there in Paris, he can make it beautiful and seems to have researched all the components and background to it and struggles.

And btw his casting is always gorgeous!.

^ Not gonna lie, there is a small part of me that thought to myself "well, his women's looks steal the show for a second season in a row" while clicking through it. But I don't actually mind it. It adds a certain dynamism to the presentation.

As for how well he channels that ***** aesthetic, I think it's because he genuinely loves or admires it, and it shows. It's not just a passing fancy with him, or a way to lend his clothes a bit of edge for a season here or a season there. It's become part of his design vocabulary. He's very committed to it. And I agree, he does it very well, with the right balance of authenticity and fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opalmaia170
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->