Balmain Mens S/S 2016 Paris

It's just all so overwrought and dated. Those woven pieces look so damn uncomfortable.

I like a lot of the pieces individually, as always they are overstyled. Many of the dresses are going to be ruined by try hards who do not have the body to wear them. Cue in your reality bimbos...

You kind of have to commend him for going after that kind of attention seeking market :lol: cause that's all im seeing from this collection.

His women's casts are a lot more diverse than this. The collection is exactly how i imagined. He didn't really surprise me with anything. Some good, some bad.

^^Really? Which girl? I didn't even see it lol

It was the girl in your avatar:P The model behind her was such a gentleman for picking it up for her.

The styling is very heavy and dated and way too matchy-matchy. The footwear is disgusting. Catherine Mcneil gives me life on the runway.

Last edited by a moderator:
The footwear is simply disgusting.

Maybe balmain should just go back to its feminine roots and leave this rock n roll stuff behind, or at least get rid of olivier. The menswear is alright, but those shoes are hideous. I really don't wanna see another reality star in one of those mini dresses of his

Male thot sandals, come thru!

Balmain's menswear never had a runway show before, and for such an indolent collection the whole production is a waste of resources, much like Rousteing's iteration of brand itself.

Yaaaaasss that Violet Chachki reference.

I actually like the collections lmfao, like I really like it, like the shoes are eh, but the rest of the collection is amazing.

Ok, but mess at people calling Ale "one of the girls" :doh::doh:
hahaha.

Actually really liking this, it just exudes luxury. One of his best collections to date IMO and I find the women's look are much better than his previous collections even if the silhouettes are overused. Fantastic casting as well. :smile:

It was the girl in your avatar:P The model behind her was such a gentleman for picking it up for her.

lmao I was too exited to see her that I didn't see that :lol:

jpWEmx.gif

my gif

I really like a lot of menswear pieces, but as usual the styling is an abomination! I think the jackets are where he did best. No comment on the womenswear.

And when "reality bimbos" are everywhere in those dresses, expect to see every C list rapper in these menswear looks (sandals included) :sick:

While the styling is obviously overkill I do think that there are many great individual pieces.

And Alessandra gave not one single **** about that earring haha

Well at least we have a sneaky preview of how the H&M men's collection will pan out

I don't like the collection (mens & womens) but it's an honest collection. Olivier's clients wants that. They were there: Football players, NBA stars, their wifes, Reality Tv celebrities.
Balmain a bit an example of french tackiness. Sometimes gross, sometimes chic but always expensive, heavily detailed with a "Couture" cachet.

For me the brand has lost it cool factor and with Decarnin being at Faith Connexion, i expect more from Rousteing.

I like the bags, don't like most of the clothes because they are a bit already dated in terms of cuts and details. But the jewelled long sleeve top is gorgeous.

No words for the womenswear. Very cliché, very old and very "premier degré"

Why does everything always look so heavy? Why would anyone want to wear a 5 lb. article of clothing thats hardly cute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->