Balmain S/S 2015 Paris

I thought the first half was pretty good. It was perhaps he's done for the house, but then came all those rainbow pieces and he lost me. I do agree that his collection feel stiff and somehow overworked. There's something else about it that makes them look like student collections, but I can't put my finger on it.

That jumpsuit on Jourdan is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fashion writer for The Independent Alexander Fury just posted this on his facebook feed:

"Balmain 2015, Givenchy 1997."

And he didn't even improve it, the 1997 looks far superior in quality of fabric and much classier.

Ok, so at least now we know what the Kardashian sisters are going to wear for the next few months...:innocent:

I'm surprised that there are already so many complaints about the collection because to me this is a big step forward for him. For every tight/stiff look there seems to be a look that has a softness and fluidity that he -- or the house, since Decarnin revived it -- has never shown before. The pants aren't second skin tight, there's a variety of skirt lengths, some of the jackets have a more forgiving shape, he cut back the surface decoration quite a bit and he did soft, full skirts/dresses for the first time ever. It's not all perfect, and it's not for everyone, but it's major progress for a house that not so long ago had a super narrow focus (short, tight, embellished dresses and rigid shoulder pads).

As for the Kardashian comments I find them kind of comical. She's riding Balmain's coattails, not the other way around. Let's not get it twisted now.

100% disappointed. While there are a few good looks, the entire collection is pretty terrible. Better luck next time Olivier.

Ok, so at least now we know what the Kardashian sisters are going to wear for the next few months...:innocent:

It's as if he literally made this entire collection JUST for the family. Making tacky, "sexy" clothes for them to wear red carpet invents. I find the collection too gimmicky and tacky. He's trying too hard to be sexy. There's no haute or elegance in any of this.

^ Balmain hasn't been elegant since Oscar de la Renta left. Why would it start being elegant now? :blink:

Have people seriously forgotten that Balmain made short, tight, tacky and vulgar-sexy clothes before Kimye was a thing? Hell, that's why Kim started wearing it to begin with.

Fashion writer for The Independent Alexander Fury just posted this on his facebook feed:

fantastic!
and let's not forget that alexander mcqueen designed the original...

long live mcqueen...
:cool:

tough collection...mutiple-colored?maybe mixed with black and vivid color is more proper used here to describe such a strong collection!it's ok!its still balmain

Well, the clothes don't look like they weigh 10 pounds, so that's a plus. Very boring overall.

I don't know... I like the clothes. They are very everyday wearable though... but nothing special.

This looks better than anything he's done before!
Ofcorse the fit on some of the outfits is terrible.

I'm surprised that there are already so many complaints about the collection because to me this is a big step forward for him. For every tight/stiff look there seems to be a look that has a softness and fluidity that he -- or the house, since Decarnin revived it -- has never shown before. The pants aren't second skin tight, there's a variety of skirt lengths, some of the jackets have a more forgiving shape, he cut back the surface decoration quite a bit and he did soft, full skirts/dresses for the first time ever. It's not all perfect, and it's not for everyone, but it's major progress for a house that not so long ago had a super narrow focus (short, tight, embellished dresses and rigid shoulder pads).

As for the Kardashian comments I find them kind of comical. She's riding Balmain's coattails, not the other way around. Let's not get it twisted now.

It is a tremendous step forward for Balmain. The first multi-coloured outfit made me pause. And I'm quite impressed with the sheer pices as well. Dont find it tacky at all. This is more loose and flowing, not an entirely rigid or structured offering. And very wearable, which is quite important. He lost me towards the end but I still think its a good collection.

Also, I know he;'s allied with Kim, but to suggest he's designin

984203_10152284621527063_4445462954131705852_n.jpg

Round of applause for Alexander Fury!

ever since he became bffs with kim, his collections have gone downhill. this is the worst yet.

He did a Q & A on facebook and he said he was definitely inspired in by that McQueen/Givenchy look.

This collection is not without error but I think it's pretty solid and I like direction he's taking. It's a bit more relaxed which we haven't really seen from him. It's really interesting to see him grow as a designer and see what he'll do next.

Also, it's not as if Kim K wouldn't have worn Balmain while it was under the direction of Decarnin so I'm not sure why all the talk about her.

He did a Q & A on facebook and he said he was definitely inspired in by that McQueen/Givenchy look.

This collection is not without error but I think it's pretty solid and I like direction he's taking. It's a bit more relaxed which we haven't really seen from him. It's really interesting to see him grow as a designer and see what he'll do next.

Also, it's not as if Kim K wouldn't have worn Balmain while it was under the direction of Decarnin so I'm not sure why all the talk about her.

He should have said he COPIED McQueen. This is not inspiration, this is a blantant rip-off!! And it is lame he tries to hide it as inspiration...there is nothing creative in a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->