Balmain F/W 2015.16 Paris

Had to post this from Cathy Horyn ...

But to stick with Balmain. For all the beaded fringe that designer Olivier Rousteing hung on the dresses — fringe the color of orange soda — and for all the expensive satin pleating, there was no artistry to it. The sex appeal was in doubt, too. Clingy lace knits revealed too much, and a girl would suffer in wide-leg satiny pants with pleats. She’d be constantly worried that her *** looked too big (and she’d be right). The bright colors and the way they were arranged in blocks, with splashy fringe, made me think of an Evel Knievel costume. Okay, now I know what to wear if I want to be shot out of a cannon.

I would rather just go back to the old pre decarnin balmain that was faithful to the original than deal with this mess anymore. Decarnin did something cool but it got tired quickly, olivier managed to revive it but started to completely lose it and this is his worst collection yet. I think balmain needs an overhaul, away from rockstar mini dresses and kardashians and back to elegance. They can't do the rock chic thing well anymore, and it's just getting tired

His latest attempts of experimenting with silhouette and proportion have failed miserably. It's not even interesting, it's really just bad. I do like a few of those fringe numbers though. They're fun and I think a certain woman would have a great time wearing it. Unfortunately, a majority of the collection should have been edited, some of the silhouettes and fabrics are so heavy that they look like armor and not in a good way.

i really don't get the hate for this...i think the only thing that could maybe be criticised is those wide leg pleated pants (if they make jourdan dunn look like she has wide hips there is no hope for the world :lol:)

Does he know the 80s ended 25 years ago? I think someone needs to tell him, he's gonna be really bummed though.
I like the colors and the shiny fringe but he manages to find a way to ruin every look somehow

Great cast (mostly)...shame about those clothes though

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Pretty sure the 80s are a thing right now.

He's part of a feature in I believe the current US Bazaar, where he, Alber, and Karl all wear masks. He came across as really arrogant in the interview ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->